Nalanda Monastery Needs Your Help

losang_gendun

Dear forum members,

The Tibetan Buddhist monastery of Nalanda in France is looking for volunteers. Are you into construction work, gardening, cooking or do you have creative skills that could be useful for painting Buddha statues, please contact us.

Nalanda offers an idyllic monastery in the beautiful French countryside. We have a wonderful and well assorted library and if you like you can participate in the teachings of our Tibetan Geshe (teacher) and the various Pujas. During your stay you'll have your own room and there's the option to work part-time, so that you could combine work with a personal retreat. If you work six hours or more, Nalanda offers you free meals and accommodation.

And oh yes, the lingua franca in the monastery is English.

Are you interested please contact us at:

/Mod Edit - email address removed as per forum rules

or visit our website:

http://www.nalanda-monastery.org/

We hope to see you soon.

Losang Gendun

Seems like an excellent opportunity for those within Europe and/or of the Tibetan tradition. Also for anyone wishing to learn of other forms of Buddhism other than their own. A beautifully constructed website too, as is always the case with FPMT sites that I've encountered.

I wish you great benefit and success in the construction of your new monastery.

Hi Lobsang,

This sounds like a wonderful opportunity (in fact I found this long before you posted here, and was seriously considering it). I would have been all over this a few months ago, but now conditions won't permit this for me. Oh well. Anything within the FPMT is a great bet for anyone who finds an affinity with Tibetan Buddhism. Lama Zopa and his entire organization is awesome.

Lobsang, do you study the traditional Geshe courses there? The five great texts, etc.?

Best of luck in your endeavors.

All the best.

E.