Heiress was not raped - but police still go after man and now the short time hotel too

webfact

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

You know exactly what I meant. 

He took a woman too drunk to be capable of giving consent for sex to a short time hotel. 

His intentions were clear. 

He is scum. 

What I know is what I read, you said he intended to rape.  How do you know that she was too drunk to give consent, where has that been stated? 

The only intention that was clear was that they wanted to have sex and if that alone makes him scum than the same description has to be applied to her.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Damn right they should. 

What he intended to do is rape. 

You take a drunk woman you've just met in a club to a short time hotel then any sex that happens is rape. 

What about if they were both equally drunk and both went to the hotel willing together ?

Wouldnt she be just as guilty as he is for any crimes committed ?

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

If someone is drunk then consent for sex cannot be seen to be given.

As a very broad generalisation that is just plain wrong unless you add the definition of"drunk" but what's the point of banging on about it, there was no sex so drunk or sober is an irrelevance in this thread. 

In court in the uk and elsewhere if the victim can show they were very drunk when sex took place you cannot argue consent was given. 

What's a UK court got to do with this case of no sex and no rape?

I never said rape took place. If they had had sex that would be rape. 

The guy is predatory scum. 

He is old enough to know what he was doing was wrong. 

What is wrong with wanting consensual sex with a woman who is old enough to know what she was doing?

Edited by gdgbb

I feel sorry for this guy...
She gets "shit-faced" goes to a short-time hotel & throws up everywhere..
She's the daughter of a Hi-So, so he's going to pay the price, so the family can save face!!
No evidence of an assault committed, she went to the room of her own free will (not kidnapped or forced)
Thai justice again.. innocent are proven guilty, the guilty go free !

5 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

seems like the chap acted decently

she was too drunk so he did not want to have sex

probably she was so wasted that he couldn't find out where she lived to take her home

and left her to sleep it off

I think he wanted sex. Just didnt want to be spewed over in the process

1 minute ago, Reigntax said:

I think he wanted sex. Just didnt want to be spewed over in the process

do her from behind would have solved the spewed over issue.

But this lad instead decided she was to drunk to proceed, Id shake his hand and buy him a beer.

I find the disparity in response by police, between this case, and the drunk aussi women a couple of weeks ago, rather disturbing.

i know... this is Thailand... she is from a wealthy family... etc etc... which equals no justice, other than that which you buy.

34 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

You said that he intended to rape (her, obviously). 

He took a drunk stranger he met for the first time  in a nightclub to a short time hotel with the intention of having consensual sex which is not rape and in no way with the details provided by any of the reports could he be classed as "predatory scum".   The important part that you ignore is that no sex took place.

There was no consent. 

The important fact you want to ignore is that his intent was sex with a drunk stranger. 

That makes him predatory scum. 

If sex had taken place that is tantamount to rape. 

As it is I hope he is prosecuted under Thai law. 

Let the courts decide, because if I did, he would heading to gaol. 

3 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

I believe this young lady was 21. Is that not over the age of consent here or is it higher here for hi-so. The chief no less has stepped in making supposition charges that under ordinary circumstances might be hard to prove but daddy lurks in the background no doubt pulling levers and pushing buttons of entitlement. Maybe the so called perp should do a background check before me makes moves the next time. 

I hope this is "she was incapable of giving consent" and therefore had he done as he intended it would have been rape, attempted rape seem a fair rap...

And yes, if the hotel staff were aware of her being confused or in a stupor, then they should have intervened.

39 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

You are a  detective get a job with the thai police force.

he is a man who pick up a woman and takes her to a room , she could be drank yes but she went with him .

because she is from a hi so thai family someone has to pay for her  stupidity and the thai man will , just thai bs , it is a joke .

Again.

Read the thread.

Answered all this. 

41 minutes ago, sanemax said:

What about if they were both equally drunk and both went to the hotel willing together ?

Wouldnt she be just as guilty as he is for any crimes committed ?

But they weren't according to the reports. 

As to if they were, already answered this. 

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

There was no consent. 

The important fact you want to ignore is that his intent was sex with a drunk stranger. 

OK,

This happened to me. I went into a bar in Thailand. Normally I don't drink. But a unattractive girl kept asking me if I wanted a drink and to have sex with her. I was in a good mood so I had one beer but I said no to having sex. The girl kept after me to drink another beer. So I did. On the third beer, she suggested we go have sex, which now seemed like a good idea. So we did.

Was I raped?

Just now, Bluespunk said:

There was no consent. 

"The important fact you want to ignore is that his intent was sex with a drunk stranger."

No, I don't want to ignore that.   I said he wanted to have sex with her, and, based on the reports, that does not make him predatory scum, it makes him nothing like that fatuous description you won't let go of.   It does make him a little like a man who meets a woman in a night club, drinks with her and then goes on somewhere else with her with her consent.  No more, no less.

"If sex had taken place that is tantamount to rape."

It didn't take place but using your logic, if he had accidentally killed her that would have been tantamount to murder, but he didn't do that either so why do you keep going on about something that didn't happen and is irrelevant?

3 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

OK,

This happened to me. I went into a bar in Thailand. Normally I don't drink. But a unattractive girl kept asking me if I wanted a drink and to have sex with her. I was in a good mood so I had one beer but I said no to having sex. The girl kept after me to drink another beer. So I did. On the third beer, she suggested we go have sex, which now seemed like a good idea. So we did.

Was I raped?

touching story

hope you reported her

6 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

And yet he has been charged under very similar Thai laws. 

Go figure, eh...

There is no comparison possible between Thai and English law. They are so far opposed they should not be both defined under using  the word "law". 

Edited by Reigntax
Typo

18 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

There was no consent. 

how do you know she did not consent to go to a room with the fella ?

2 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

OK,

Was I raped

Only you can answer that and only you can decide on how you proceed after sobriety returns. 

I never blame a victim or tell them how to act. 

That is their decision. 

If this young woman feels that the much older man preyed on her then I hope he is prosecuted. 

In this case if sex had taken place and she felt that it was rape then I would support that view. 

11 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:
45 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

As a very broad generalisation that is just plain wrong unless you add the definition of"drunk" but what's the point of banging on about it, there was no sex so drunk or sober is an irrelevance in this thread. 

Nonsense. 

I don't know which part of that comment you claim to be nonsense but whichever part you meant, you're wrong.

5 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

"The important fact you want to ignore is that his intent was sex with a drunk stranger."

No, I don't want to ignore that.   I said he wanted to have sex with her, and, based on the reports, that does not make him predatory scum, it makes him nothing like that fatuous description you won't let go of.   It does make him a little like a man who meets a woman in a night club, drinks with her and then goes on somewhere else with her with her consent.  No more, no less.

"If sex had taken place that is tantamount to rape."

It didn't take place but using your logic, if he had accidentally killed her that would have been tantamount to murder, but he didn't do that either so why do you keep going on about something that didn't happen and is irrelevant?

I am calling him predatory scum because of his actions. 

It seems under Thai law he can be prosecuted because of his intentions.

i welcome that. 

As to the rest of your post...