best investment for your thai partner to earn an income

pumpjack

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Bulldozer Dawn said:

Yesterday morning I made just over 11,000 baht in 6 minutes trading a Thai derivative warrant.  My total investment amount  at risk was just 50,000 baht.  Trading warrants is not rocket science and you can make good profits if the market is going up or down.  My suggestion is that you open a online trading account for your girl and put a small amount of capital into it.  She can play with that and then as she learns and proves she can trade successfully you can then add a little more trading capital to her account.  Because warrants are leveraged she would only need a total bankroll of around 10,000 baht to successfully skim trade 3-500 baht per day in profits.  And that amount is equivalent to the average Thai daily wage (and above average if you are up in Nakon Nowhere).

You can also retain the details of her username and password to the trading account so you can log in while you are offshore to keep and eye on how she is going.

You can read more about trading Thai derivative warrants here:

How To Value Thai Call and Put Warrants

LMAO ?????

5 hours ago, pumpjack said:

ive met them a few times and yes the " brother in law  " is actually married to " the sister "  with 3 children . 

If you have to try and set up your girlfriend, partner or whatever way you describe her and you need to provide something so she can be independent, self supportive and pay her own way while you are doing your own thing thousands of miles away, then sorry; I really cannot see what benefits there are for her in this relationship that in actually is not a true solid relationship at all, especially as it seems you have no ways of being with her full time and supporting her long term.

Surely, considering the circumstances you and her would be better off to part company and go your own separate ways.

15-20k per month is a sensational return. If that money is banked monthly your partner will be able to borrow from the Bank of Agriculture. Mine does. Ask your partner about Jumnum. It's like a loan. You give someone say 100k and they pay you "interest"  by way of, for example, 1 gwean (9bags) of rice, per crop of rice. This agreement is registered with the Amphur. When the borrower doesn't want to pay you any more he must give you back your 100k. If he stops paying you, you can take his land. I have 5 of these agreements in Isaan, in my wife's name of course. We then sell the rice at the Bank of Agriculture locally. 1 bag of rice is 90kg, 1 kg of rice used to be 15 baht. The problem with investing money in Thailand is that the profit is always spent before you've actually seen it. Have you actually seen the 15-20k you earn from the cars?

8 minutes ago, Redback said:

15-20k per month is a sensational return. If that money is banked monthly your partner will be able to borrow from the Bank of Agriculture. Mine does. Ask your partner about Jumnum. It's like a loan. You give someone say 100k and they pay you "interest"  by way of, for example, 1 gwean (9bags) of rice, per crop of rice. This agreement is registered with the Amphur. When the borrower doesn't want to pay you any more he must give you back your 100k. If he stops paying you, you can take his land. I have 5 of these agreements in Isaan, in my wife's name of course. We then sell the rice at the Bank of Agriculture locally. 1 bag of rice is 90kg, 1 kg of rice used to be 15 baht. The problem with investing money in Thailand is that the profit is always spent before you've actually seen it. Have you actually seen the 15-20k you earn from the cars?

Bull shit lad and even if if it ain't your a gutter shark

20 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

100,000 bht investment brings 15,000 - 20,000 a month nice try but try pulling the other one. :laugh:

The Brother in-law  :laugh:  yeah OK. 

Right up there with 12,000 baht taxi fee from Pattaya to Swampy. I think he is a decimal off. 

On 1/5/2017 at 5:55 PM, anotheruser said:

If she is making 15-20K from the auto body business the problem is solved already. If she wants the car let her use her land as collateral on a loan. 

If she has a 20K a month coming in there is really no need to do anything more for her as she has places to live for free. she could buy her own kebab cart. The taxi idea sounds like a disaster waiting to happen given the news out of that industry lately. People are begging for business to the airport it is very competitive. 

If the auto body business is working maybe do that but i would want 10,000 a month back until I am paid off. 

I don't mean this in a bad way at all but why not just let her go back to selling her body until she can buy her own car?

While I agree if she makes B15-20k/mo already, the problem should be solved; but your assumption that his girl was a prostitute is a bit off, isn't it?  Do you think all Thai girlfriends of farangs sold/sell their bodies?

I will throw this out there ,

if you gave 10 educated but poor Thais 50,000 - 100,000 baht each to invest in a business , how many  would be able to make a go at it and still be in business in 6 months ?

And I guess the same question with maybe more money , if you did it in your home country ?

Most people do not know how to run a business , end up "eating" the profits and are out of business ( or close to it) in 6 months.

Its not easy  it is a lot of work and long hours , and most poor people do not have any successful people around them to ask  basic business questions ,

If it was so easy everyone would be rich :smile:

1 minute ago, oldcarguy said:

I will throw this out there ,

if you gave 10 educated but poor Thais 50,000 - 100,000 baht each to invest in a business , how many  would be able to make a go at it and still be in business in 6 months ?

And I guess the same question with maybe more money , if you did it in your home country ?

Most people do not know how to run a business , end up "eating" the profits and are out of business ( or close to it) in 6 months.

Its not easy  it is a lot of work and long hours , and most poor people do not have any successful people around them to ask  basic business questions ,

If it was so easy everyone would be rich :smile:

The never ending cycle of poverty .

I think that bubble tea shop thing what someone was talking about before sounds like a good ideal. At least you will know if she can run a small business and you won't have to pay out a lot to start it up. There is one of them next to the fried chicken shop I go to all the time in Pattaya they seem to be doing quite well probably because of the chicken shop is very busy. Taste like shit if you ask me and I can't get used to have bits in a drink but hay what do I know.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Bulldozer Dawn said:

Yesterday morning I made just over 11,000 baht in 6 minutes trading a Thai derivative warrant.  My total investment amount  at risk was just 50,000 baht.  Trading warrants is not rocket science and you can make good profits if the market is going up or down.  My suggestion is that you open a online trading account for your girl and put a small amount of capital into it.  She can play with that and then as she learns and proves she can trade successfully you can then add a little more trading capital to her account.  Because warrants are leveraged she would only need a total bankroll of around 10,000 baht to successfully skim trade 3-500 baht per day in profits.  And that amount is equivalent to the average Thai daily wage (and above average if you are up in Nakon Nowhere).

You can also retain the details of her username and password to the trading account so you can log in while you are offshore to keep and eye on how she is going.

you can quite easily loose the lot too

15 hours ago, Bulldozer Dawn said:

I take it you are a MULTI millionaire ?

21 hours ago, pigeonjake said:

bad place to come on this forum and ask for advice that your asking, most think you cant be happy here with a thai lady!

but some of us know different,

and yes we are just starting another venture, red clay crayfish

90 %  only negitive sad morons.  i dont know why i bother 

7 hours ago, smotherb said:

While I agree if she makes B15-20k/mo already, the problem should be solved; but your assumption that his girl was a prostitute is a bit off, isn't it?  Do you think all Thai girlfriends of farangs sold/sell their bodies?

its ok, i dont mind,  he is one of the 90 % i was talking about :passifier: ,    its his problem not ours :smile:

11 hours ago, smotherb said:

No not all but I do think this one does or did. I am no detective but the fact she has no job and is being supported by a Farang who has a condo in Pattaya are things that set my spider sense off. The fact she seems to have a few Pattaya contacts in the taxi industry and has places to stay there is another give away. The ability to speak English is also sort of suspect. 

All of this seems rather odd for a farm girl from Issan don't you think? don't worry my opinion doesn't matter but if I was right then my question stands. Why not let her keep doing her thing to buy her own business? There is nothing wrong with that anyway.

1 hour ago, anotheruser said:

No not all but I do think this one does or did. I am no detective but the fact she has no job and is being supported by a Farang who has a condo in Pattaya are things that set my spider sense off. The fact she seems to have a few Pattaya contacts in the taxi industry and has places to stay there is another give away. The ability to speak English is also sort of suspect. 

All of this seems rather odd for a farm girl from Issan don't you think? don't worry my opinion doesn't matter but if I was right then my question stands. Why not let her keep doing her thing to buy her own business? There is nothing wrong with that anyway.

No, I don't. I think you jump to conclusions based on your experiences.

... lots of negative comments here because unfortunately there aren't much positives to your query !

if you were living here yourself, maybe 2 of you could make a go of something.... but shelling out a lump of cash for your GF in Thailand, with no business experience or idea of what business she wants.... whilst you live in UK....well, good luck !... not being negative , but being realistic....

13 hours ago, pumpjack said:

90 %  only negitive sad morons.  i dont know why i bother 

90 % are telling you what can happen and it dose happen but you will not  listen,  like now I never give advice to people who have thai partners , because they never listens and we have a full out and in the end the thai rips him off .

thai woman , not all but lots are in it for the money from the western and a better life and I understand that , but as long as you don't give to much money and not get involved with a business  venture with a thai woman in thailand you will be ok .

you should read what some members say and up to you if you take it on ,  but you will  not take not one thing on because you and lots of us get suck in by the thai pussy and me as well , but now I know how the game is played, you need to understand it is a big game when it comes to thai western man  relationships .

9 hours ago, anotheruser said:

Very true I agree with you but the op will not listen to you at all , we all get suck in the first time by a thai lady and we all lean or hop we do .

Another guy who has to rescue his TGF...pretty simple really....tell her to get a job.

She was doing fine before you and she will be doing better after your gone, your deluding yourself if you think that it couldnt go belle up at any moment and your not even living in the country full time, get smart and choose women who already have a job or career thats one less issue you have to deal with.

This post is all you need to read for your answer, but many would ignore it IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 6/1/2560 at 8:01 PM, saakura said:

12000 Baht each way for a taxi from Pattaya to Swampy, 24000 Baht for a round trip, is that correct or a typo? And a 20,000 Baht return per month on a 100,000 Baht investment is absolutely superb!

That 12,000 Baht must be a mistake. The last time I took a taxi from Swampy to Pattaya this cost me 2,000 Baht with tip included. There is also a lot of other things to consider, like getting a special airport license to pick up customers their, which I understand is expensive to get and keep.

What return trip? You do not have customers lined up at your taxi stand in Pattaya waiting for you to return from Bangkok. I recall one time I had an early morning flight and arranged a taxi with my regular Taxi Driver. If you are travelling frequently, like I was then, reputation of a good and dependable driver goes a very long way. As does his cell phone number.

I first apologized for getting him out of bed so early as it was only 5 am and I knew he lived in Bangkok, but he said to me no problem. He told me he had spent the night sleeping in his car. He had taken a customer to Pattaya late afternoon the day earlier, then spent the rest of the evening their. This is how they get a Return Trip.

The Taxi Service from Airport to Pattaya is a very competitive one to say the least. I think having a woman driver in the wee hours of the morning, which is required many times, would also be too dangerous for them. I certainly wouldn't let my G.F/or Wife do that. In MHO, she would be safer working some bar with drunk men over doing that.

If I you were forced to provide a Taxi Service from Airport to Pattaya, or even in Bangkok, I think you would need something special that stands above the rest of the crowd. I have never seen a stretched limousine at the airport, and there may be a good reason for that. But having the Girl Friend dressed up in a sexy Chauffeur Outfit, a big trunk to carry all the luggage comfortably, and maybe a bar with some alcoholic drinks in the back for the customer, could attract the High Rollers. Who would not mind spending 8,000 Baht or more for a comfortable ride. Not to mention the tips she could earn.        

On 7/1/2560 at 2:45 AM, Redback said:

Making 20 K a month on 100 K loan is not a sensational return. It is what they call Loan Sharking.

With the Brother-in-law having such a successful business I can't see him making these payments or needing this loan when he should easily get a bank loan. So I am guessing that for his G.F. to earns this amount of money, she is also working there.