Islands Near Bkk

jonboy

I want somewhere to visit during the christmas festivity/new year with my GF and wanted a few suggestion. I have been to both Ko Chang and Ko Samet and found I liked Ko Chang best and have been there a few times now. This time I wanted somewhere different. After reading pages and pages about Koh Kood Ko Wai and Ko Maak I'm still not that much the wiser. It seems Maak and Kood are the 2 better places.

Does anyone have any info on these places or any other suggestions near Bkk? Accomadation prices(telephone numbers or websites would be fantastic) , everyday prices would be nice.Also are they busy etc and are there bars/beach bars to visit(I never sleep early)and good restaurants to eat at?

Thnx

Did not have a chance to snorkel but a bay on the other side of the island, offshore there was a huge net across it, preventing garbage and boats from approching. The snorkeling is apparently all right there. Worth a try since it`s so close to BKK, the water seemed relatively clean, clearer anyway.

Koh si Chang was nice enough.

Like someone said there is quite a nice beach on the other side of the Island, you can take one of the "tuk tuks" (not your normal kind) or hire a motorbike cheaply enough.

It's ok for a couple of nights maximum.

There is also a temple on the hill which is nice to have a look at.

If you want to relax and not do much then this'll be fine.

totster :o