Is Every Thai Bank The Same?

If I make an online withdrawal, ie, to make a purchase, the money comes off, if I make more than one purchase, the money still comes off, but I don't know which is which, like I would if I made an online purchase from my UK bank.

Why does it not state on your account who withdrew what amount of money? When I email them to ask, they are too ignorant to answer.

I have just made two online purchases, the money has come off my account, but I don't know, which company took out what amount of money.

Is it only Bangkok Bank who do this, or are all Thai banks the same?

Both Kasikorn and Krungsri are the same, statement only indicates online transaction or e-payment it doesn't indicate if it's Thai Smile, Lazada or TOT.  I think we'll need to wait a few more years before we get the vendor information. Just means you need to keep your online receipts and work it out that way.

My UOB statement tells me these things in detail and also supplies ATM number in the case of cash transaction - all debit card activity is sent to me monthly via separate statement showing all details. I thought all banks did the same thing, apparently not.

UOB isn't a Thai bank.

HSBC Singapore give me a detailed breakdown, but my Thai banks don't. Like the OP I'd be interested to know if any Thai banks do, or do you need to switch to a foreign bank in Thailand like UOB, CIMB et al.

Edited by Stocky

Just now, Stocky said:

UOB isn't a Thai bank.

HSBC Singapore give me a detailed breakdown, but my Thai banks don't, like the OP I'd be interested to know if any Thai banks do.

UOB Thailand is a retail bank in Thailand with over 200 branches, I think it's reasonable to include them in the question since they are licensed by BOT just like all other banks here.

4 hours ago, chiang mai said:

My UOB statement tells me these things in detail and also supplies ATM number in the case of cash transaction - all debit card activity is sent to me monthly via separate statement showing all details. I thought all banks did the same thing, apparently not.

They certainly don't if my experience is anything to go by.

51 minutes ago, Paul Laycock said:

You made purchases and don't know who took the money, glad you don't look after my money.

I just wanted to know why they don't notify customers of withdrawals from my account, honestly, some posters????

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

f I make an online withdrawal, ie, to make a purchase, the money comes off, if I make more than one purchase, the money still comes off, but I don't know which is which, like I would if I made an online purchase from my UK bank.

If you have online banking you can see which debit is for what. Go the account debited and click on your card number and it will give you a list of debits for up to 2 months. The charges will not appear until they are processed which can take a few days.

53 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have online banking you can see which debit is for what. Go the account debited and click on your card number and it will give you a list of debits for up to 2 months. The charges will not appear until they are processed which can take a few days.

Thanks Joe, spot on as usual.

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I just wanted to know why they don't notify customers of withdrawals from my account, honestly, some posters????

Here's a tip:

When you make an online purchase look at the price you are paying.  (I've found that it usually shows the price when you get to the end of the checkout phase.)

When your bank statement arrives with a list of payments one of them will match the price that was shown at the checkout bit.

Then you will know that the company that you bought the item from has deducted the payment and you will be able to put a name to that transaction.  If you can't remember you could perhaps look at the online receipt that you are usually able to download at the time you make the payment.

Or, at the time of purchase, you could make a note of the transaction on some paper.

Good luck.

Edited by Enoon

9 hours ago, Enoon said:

Here's a tip:

When you make an online purchase look at the price you are paying.  (I've found that it usually shows the price when you get to the end of the checkout phase.)

When your bank statement arrives with a list of payments one of them will match the price that was shown at the checkout bit.

Then you will know that the company that you bought the item from has deducted the payment and you will be able to put a name to that transaction.  If you can't remember you could perhaps look at the online receipt that you are usually able to download at the time you make the payment.

Or, at the time of purchase, you could make a note of the transaction on some paper.

Good luck.

Thanks a lot, I have it sorted now, Ubon Joes post worked for me.

On 1/7/2017 at 0:32 PM, Stocky said:

Both Kasikorn and Krungsri are the same, statement only indicates online transaction or e-payment it doesn't indicate if it's Thai Smile, Lazada or TOT.  I think we'll need to wait a few more years before we get the vendor information. Just means you need to keep your online receipts and work it out that way.

Is this paying via netbank directly? I do all my online purchases with my visa/debit card and do get vendor information, for example “PAYSBUY_DTAC iRefill” or “THAIAIRW WEB TICKET”.

Sometimes though the vendor information is rather cryptic, for example purchases at Robinson / Central Plaza shows up as “CR CHIANGMAI” and MUJI (in Bangkok) shows up as “MJT-­CWP”.

Also, the vendor information is capped at 25 characters, but it seems vendors are not always aware of that, so rather than seeing “HOME PRO (CHIANG MAI)” I will see “HOME PRODUCT CENTER(CHIAN”.

Edit: This is via KTB Online Banking (Krungthai).

Edited by lkn

I use Kasikorn and every time I make a purchase using my debit card they send me an SMS telling me how much I spent and to whom but when the transaction appears in my online statement, the vendor is missing. Bizarre. Kasikorn's online banking is rubbish so I've written my own Android app to monitor my spending. 

3 hours ago, lkn said:

Is this paying via netbank directly? I do all my online purchases with my visa/debit card and do get vendor information, for example “PAYSBUY_DTAC iRefill” or “THAIAIRW WEB TICKET”.

Sometimes though the vendor information is rather cryptic, for example purchases at Robinson / Central Plaza shows up as “CR CHIANGMAI” and MUJI (in Bangkok) shows up as “MJT-­CWP”.

Also, the vendor information is capped at 25 characters, but it seems vendors are not always aware of that, so rather than seeing “HOME PRO (CHIANG MAI)” I will see “HOME PRODUCT CENTER(CHIAN”.

Edit: This is via KTB Online Banking (Krungthai).

Yes this is direct online payment from my account, not via debit or credit card. There is no indication whatsoever of who the payment was made to. Obviously I keep my own records and match the numbers, but it is pretty pathetic in this day and age not to furnish full details.

On 1/7/2017 at 5:09 PM, possum1931 said:

I bank with TMB and get transaction details by SMS every time money goes into or out of my account.

When I go into one of the accounts I get the option of "Full Statement" or "My Activities". 

The full statement page provides a list of transactions in statement form and an online purchase would just show up as a bill payment via internet.

The "my Activities" screen presents a calender with a dot on the days a transaction has taken place which will then show you full details of all transactions for the day.

Obviously not all Thai banks are the same.

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

I bank with TMB and get transaction details by SMS every time money goes into or out of my account.

When I go into one of the accounts I get the option of "Full Statement" or "My Activities". 

The full statement page provides a list of transactions in statement form and an online purchase would just show up as a bill payment via internet.

The "my Activities" screen presents a calender with a dot on the days a transaction has taken place which will then show you full details of all transactions for the day.

Obviously not all Thai banks are the same.

I know how to work it now Thanks to Ubon Joe.

Hello, I am out of the country.... Someone wants to get money to me. Is it okay if I give them my bank account number for my savings bank account or fi[xed account number from Bangkok Bank and they just make a cash deposit to either of those the accounts....?

thanks rolfe