Nice Compounds in Banchang with Pools

jacobsladder

I have noticed that the only nice compounds are new compounds. It seems Thais build shiny smart new compounds............then sit and watching them deteriorate over the next few years. Very odd attitude. Anyway, my current compound seems to be going through this process. Recently the communal pool was closed because the owners didn't want to pay for repairs. We love the house and don't want to move, but we want the pool. Consequently we are considering moving. 

We are looking for a four bed place with a large enough garden for a ten foot trampoline. We also want a decent pool. Preferably this should be in the Phala area, south of the bi-pass. Max. 25,000 Baht. Been looking around, but not very impressed right now.

We don't need to move immediately, so maybe even thinking about moving in June or July. Just trying to get ideas. Thoughts / suggestions?

The vast majority of  houses tend to be 3 bedrooms in Ban Chang. I live in Eastern Star and the facilities are great. The sheer space you have for exercise such as running, walking or cycling make it unique in the Chang. You might struggle with the 25K budget though.

• 2 weeks later...

All the locals will tell you that now in BanChang everything will double in price because of the new motorway. 

Bit of land close by was for sale for years at 350,000 and when a friend called about it recently it was offers over 600,000. Been for sale now for about 10 years that I know of. Rents are being talked about in the same way but not much really seems to be moving.

On 1/25/2017 at 8:05 AM, overherebc said:

All the locals will tell you that now in BanChang everything will double in price because of the new motorway. 

Bit of land close by was for sale for years at 350,000 and when a friend called about it recently it was offers over 600,000. Been for sale now for about 10 years that I know of. Rents are being talked about in the same way but not much really seems to be moving.

Talking up the market, nothing new.

Buying / renting a house on Eastern Star (e.g.) was twice as expensive 24 years ago to what it is now, btw. :sleep:

15 hours ago, huangnon said:

Talking up the market, nothing new.

Buying / renting a house on Eastern Star (e.g.) was twice as expensive 24 years ago to what it is now, btw. :sleep:

That's very interesting. I know that rents were higher when the big oil firms such as Shell were still in the Chang, pre 1997 Asian Financial Crisis. How much was 1 rai of land in Eastern Star in 1993?

^No idea about the cost of land, but individual houses were being mooted at around 10 million+ to buy, and 60-70k / month rental. Like you say, the big oil firms like Shell and Chevron were throwing money around back then. Nowadays there is also a lot more property available and still ongoing construction in Banchang.

Archived