Video: Hunt on for foreigners who disrespected Thai flag

webfact

28 minutes ago, tukkytuktuk said:

(ANSA) - Bangkok, January 10 - Two young Italians who were arrested in Thailand for pulling down several national flags and throwing them to the ground this week have been convicted and handed suspended sentences, diplomatic sources said Tuesday.
    Tobias Gamper, 20, and Ian Gerstgrasser, 18, will remain in a cell at a police station in the town of Krabi for the time being, pending deportation, sources said.
    The punishments handed down on Tuesday will be made public only on Wednesday but suspended sentences are not possible with prison terms of over two years. 

http://www.ansa.it/english/news/2017/01/10/flag-pulling-italians-convicted-to-be-ejected-from-thailand_3d46209b-34d6-496e-99d1-0289f7f5f075.html

18 and 20 just couple young kids on holiday... hope they get back home ASAP and put this behind them - good luck to them anyway

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, natway09 said:

What they need is just to be ignored other than deporting with a black stamp...... largon<<<<<<<<<,

If LOS ignores then the next bunch of brain dead that arrives will think it is OK....

If young guys want to venture from their shores then they should keep their head in gear.....They are on their own in another folks world...

A fair ending for two naughty boys. Sitting in a cell isn't my choice of punishment. I'd like them to learn the Thai National Anthem and before they fly home, they should sing the anthem at a Krabi school and the event be televised by channel news and played on the Friday PM show. That would deter any repeat of such a disrespectful act.

7 minutes ago, tukkytuktuk said:

A fair ending for two naughty boys. Sitting in a cell isn't my choice of punishment. I'd like them to learn the Thai National Anthem and before they fly home, they should sing the anthem at a Krabi school and the event be televised by channel news and played on the Friday PM show. That would deter any repeat of such a disrespectful act.

Or a driving test video............... Slap in the Face animated emoticon

1 hour ago, tukkytuktuk said:

(ANSA) - Bangkok, January 10 - Two young Italians who were arrested in Thailand for pulling down several national flags and throwing them to the ground this week have been convicted and handed suspended sentences, diplomatic sources said Tuesday.
    Tobias Gamper, 20, and Ian Gerstgrasser, 18, will remain in a cell at a police station in the town of Krabi for the time being, pending deportation, sources said.
    The punishments handed down on Tuesday will be made public only on Wednesday but suspended sentences are not possible with prison terms of over two years. 

http://www.ansa.it/english/news/2017/01/10/flag-pulling-italians-convicted-to-be-ejected-from-thailand_3d46209b-34d6-496e-99d1-0289f7f5f075.html

2 years in jail for pulling a flag down?!

Thailand...you are funny!

....NOT!

1 hour ago, transam said:

If LOS ignores then the next bunch of brain dead that arrives will think it is OK....

If young guys want to venture from their shores then they should keep their head in gear.....They are on their own in another folks world...

The LOS de facto facilitates this behaviour through the irresponsible, unregulated service of alcohol: young people from sheltered backgrounds come to Thailand and find themselves in an unregulated, unsupervised environment. 99.99% are fine but some slip up....excessive alcohol, drugs, regrettable sexual activities.

Thailand wants the money but also wants to be able to point the finger at transgressors and say "but we are a conservative Buddhist country". Sure: one in which women can be found firing darts and ping pong balls from their genitals in bars on every second street corner and where bar owners will continue to serve booze past the point of alcohol poisoning ( in fact would serve after death if a Baht was to be made and there was a way to collect the money).

no one likes this anti social acts of these two kids but there is a stunning hypocrisy in the 'hang 'em high' response of authorities.

27 minutes ago, DM07 said:

2 years in jail for pulling a flag down?!

Thailand...you are funny!

....NOT!

That's not what It says.

Suspended sentences are not given for a sentence of OVER two years.  That means only that theIr sentences will be two years OR LESS!!  It may be a month??

Pity they cant't be sentenced for Immaturity, or gross stupidity!

All I did was copy and paste the link news article.
I never wrote it some Italian journalist did. Why don't you read the link before having a go at me.

I am having a go at Thailand!

But please: feel attacked, if you like!

Yes I like. I'm going to continue posting snide remarks and false accusations so I have a better chance of winning this month's most liked award for Thai Visa.

Like me then.

I liked you.

I like you too!

Peace!

They will get famous now , thanks to Thaivisa . When they get older they can always come back here and remember the good old days and all the chaos they created.  

2 minutes ago, balo said:

They will get famous now , thanks to Thaivisa . When they get older they can always come back here and remember the good old days and all the chaos they created.  

How they could not handle a few beers.. b0222.gif

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

They didnt get two years though, they got a suspended sentence and deportation next week or so

what!? no community service or going into monk hood for a week or 2? LOL

ok I am glad the judge and Thailand can be gracious enough to let this 2 teens off. 

14 hours ago, Moonmoon said:

ok I am glad the judge and Thailand can be gracious enough to let this 2 teens off. 

you think deporting a 18 and 20 year old 'gracious'?  for a minor, minor infraction?  they are probably scared to death in their prison cell and deeply remorseful at their silliness give the kids a break. Deporting way OTT and so is a suspended sentence which might affect their lives in their home country. 

Edited by LannaGuy

16 hours ago, Moonmoon said:

probably with a little help from the Italian embassy and TAT.

7 hours ago, johna said:

Probably in Europe we are taking too much care of democracy, so much to leave this things happening... curious to see what would happen doing the same in some muslim state...

8 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

you think deporting a 18 and 20 year old 'gracious'?  for a minor, minor infraction?  they are probably scared to death in their prison cell and deeply remorseful at their silliness give the kids a break. Deporting way OTT and so is a suspended sentence which might affect their lives in their home country. 

True, probably the verdict it's too strong compared with the "crime"... for sure they are more stupid than criminals... but in some way they have to learn and this is the lightest you can expect for (in Thailand...).

On 1/11/2017 at 3:34 PM, sanemax said:

They didnt get two years though, they got a suspended sentence and deportation next week or so

They're stupid and should have been immediately deported.

Sitting in a cell for a couple of weeks before being deported (why the delay?) is taking it too far IMO.