Video: Hunt on for foreigners who disrespected Thai flag

webfact

3 hours ago, Mangostin said:

They are just kids, take it easy, feel free to retaliate against whatever country of the world you like, if that's make you feel any better

'Just kids'!

Look at the size of them!

They were old enough to find their way from Italy to Thailand with no problems and without Mummy and Daddy.

That's like referring to the 20, 25, 30 and 35 year old refugee 'children' from Calais we've allowed to settle in the UK as also being 'just kids'! You might as well dismiss the latest shooting atrocity in Florida as being just the work of a 'kid' even though he's 26 years old.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Wilsonandson said:

Bangkok, January 9 - Two Italian tourists aged 18 and 20 were arrested on Monday in Krabi, southern Thailand, for allegedly pulling down Thai flags in the town centre and throwing them on the ground, police sources told ANSA. They could face up to two years in prison for desecrating Thailand's national flag. The sources said the pair, who were made to apologize in a video, will appear before a military court in the city of Surat Thani. The case is being followed by the Italian embassy in Bangkok, which has contacted the families.

http://www.gazzettadelsud.it/news/english/227630/two-italians-arrested-for-pulling-down-thai-flags.html

Sorry had to let you see this one.

Two Italian boys will be appear before a military court in the city of Surat Thani !

Is Italy at war with Thailand?

Madness!!!!

For drunk driving while causing a fatal accident they get a much smaller punishment...maybe paying a few thousand baht only.

This is ridiculous and will cost thailand loads of tourists if they read it.

What punishment did the driver of the pickup with 15 myanmar workers get who crashed into a sugarcanetruck last night? One was dead and 15 injured.

23 minutes ago, Mangostin said:

How would a few kids, coming in holiday to this place, probably for their very own first time, be aware of all the laws that constantly keep changing, if even an adult and reasonably informed resident from a long time, find hard to keep pace with???? :blink:

Hmmm wandering around at 3:00 am ripping down Flags is not the norm...A no brainier! I see too many of these kids as you call them show no respect they walk around drinking beer on the streets wearing no shirts and being loud and rude.

2 minutes ago, 6thST said:

Hmmm wandering around at 3:00 am ripping down Flags is not the norm...A no brainier! I see too many of these kids as you call them show no respect they walk around drinking beer on the streets wearing no shirts and being loud and rude.

I agree they deserve punisment but in Europe you'll see those kids smashing windows of shops or even putting cars on fire at night when they're drunk.

If a shop in my homecountry calls the police for pulled down flags they won't even come, sorry sir we have important things to do...hang the flags a bit higher so nobody can touch them will be the answer

9 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

'Just kids'!

Look at the size of them!

They were old enough to find their way from Italy to Thailand with no problems and without Mummy and Daddy.

That's like referring to the 20, 25, 30 and 35 year old refugee 'children' from Calais we've allowed to settle in the UK as also being 'just kids'! You might as well dismiss the latest shooting atrocity in Florida as being just the work of a 'kid' even though he's 26 years old.

Yogi100, you have absolutely no idea of what you are writing about, just like that other fine example of a subject i was having a conversation with, earlier on, about exactly the same point, you better inform yourself about the local laws, before pretending to teach other your personal views, which are simply wrong into this particular context, they were under ages, with all that this little detail involves, full stop

9 minutes ago, Mangostin said:

Yogi100, you have absolutely no idea of what you are writing about, just like that other fine example of a subject i was having a conversation with, earlier on, about exactly the same point, you better inform yourself about the local laws, before pretending to teach other your personal views, which are simply wrong into this particular context, they were under ages, with all that this little detail involves, full stop

You're not from an English speaking country are you? 

40 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Those signs don't. They did at one time but not now so in actuality they no longer exist. It's nothing to do with Pluto.

What are your pps?

That's NOT the point!

You claimed that Onthesoi was writing something false, which was simply NOT true, and despite the fact that he has proven to you, repeatedly that you were wrong on it, you kept jumping from a discussion to another in order to avoid the truth, that's not a mature way to hold a discussion, you should be willing to accept you were wrong when you are, and that's for your very own benefit.

11 minutes ago, Mangostin said:

Be real Mangostin, do these two look like 'kids' to you?

OK they've got shorts on but most tourists wear shorts in Thailand including myself and I'm in my 60s.

Does anyone else think they look like 'kids'.

image.jpg

2 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Be real Mangostin, do these two look like 'kids' to you?

OK they've got shorts on but most tourists wear shorts in Thailand including myself and I'm in my 60s.

What they do look or not look like, it will not make much difference when confronted with the local rules, if you are in your 60's as you mention, you should have known better, unless you believe to be above the law like so many posters on this forum, which are all very likely bound to learn it the hard way, at some point during their permanence here.

In Thailand you become an adult at 21 years old of age, let's not forget it, ever.

8 hours ago, Mangostin said:

That's NOT the point!

You claimed that Onthesoi was writing something false, which was simply NOT true, and despite the fact that he has proven to you, repeatedly that you were wrong on it, you kept jumping from a discussion to another in order to avoid the truth, that's not a mature way to hold a discussion, you should be willing to accept you were wrong when you are, and that's for your very own benefit.

I can't hold two discussions at once!

What did I say that was false! Those signs are not in existence anywhere in the UK. They are not allowed. They should be permitted but the PC wallahs would be up in arms. The English can no longer say who they wish to cater to just like they can't say who they want to have in their country.

By the same standard I'm English and there's no way I'd allow a load of English football supporters come and stay in my house, neither would you!

Edited by metisdead
Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes.

Just now, Mangostin said:

What they do look or not look like, it will not make much difference when confronted with the local rules, if you are in your 60's as you mention, you should have known better, unless you believe to be above the law like so many posters on this forum, which are all very likely bound to learn it the hard way, at some point during their permanence here.

In Thailand you become an adult at 21 years old of age, let's not forget it, ever.

I'm allowed to wear shorts and why should I know better just because I'm in my 60s and what should I know better about?

The way they acted showed total disrespect. Drinking certainly added to the act, but it in  no way created the act. prison time, I feel, would be harsh....but a 20,000 baht fine, maybe spend 4-5 days in  a local jail and then deported might send a better message. It would show a bit of liency, but would also send a harsh message.

10 hours ago, fruitman said:

In my homecountry it would be called vandalism, just like ripping down any other flag. It sure wouldn't be on video at youtube. We do that only for serious crimes like robbery or murder.

You are not in your home country (or maybe you are) and the 2 Italians youths that did this were certainly not. Respect the laws of foreign countries that you travel through. Rule 101.

If you are not familiar with the laws of foreign countries, use common sense. (that's probably difficult for some to do)

16 minutes ago, Mangostin said:

That's NOT the point!

I've apologised for not including the words 'in living memory' in my post. What else do you want me to do?

2 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

I can't hold two discussions at once!

What did I say that was false! Those signs are not in existence anywhere in the UK. They are not allowed. They should be permitted but the PC wallahs would be up in arms. The English can no longer say who they wish to cater to just like they can't say who they want to have in their country.

By the same standard I'm English and there's no way I'd allow a load of English football supporters come and stay in my house, neither would you!

Look, i read what you wrote there, i am not sure if it's still there or if it has been removed, you know what you wrote and i'm tired to go chasing posts just to prove a point which it's likely to not even get understood by the person being involved 

11 hours ago, cmsally said:

Actually as a Brit I should probably get aggrieved at all the mugs,cushions, duvet covers, ......... with the overly used Union Jack. !!

....and the more "obnoxious" shorts, flip-flops, mini-skirts and underpants!

But, you don't.

That's because whist not condoning nor accepting the behaviour, you apply reason and intelligence to exercising tolerance.

Maybe because the state and the media in the country from whence you come does not incite nationalistic hysteria or xenophobia.

On 2017/1/8 at 8:31 PM, robblok said:

They would fit right in then :smile:

You don't need a brain in Thailand. You need something that becomes hard when you need it and then it becomes soft when you don't need it.  Leave your brains at home.

4 hours ago, yogi100 said:

What did I say that was false! Those signs are not in existence anywhere in the UK. They are not allowed.

You falsely claimed it never happened or existed. ..then after I proved you wrong by pointing you towards historical facts you then (to save face) erected your straw man to say it hasn't happened recently, which no one was disputing.

5 hours ago, yogi100 said:

The poster going by the name of 'onthesoi' introduced the 19th century into the equation by quoting it from an entry in Wikipedia. It was only because he had introduced it that I mentioned it as I felt it was no longer relevant to what we are discussing now in 2016, oops 2017.

Once again you are completely wrong, I never quoted anything from the 19th century, I simply provided a link to a wiki page which contained the entire history from the 18th to the 21st century, you then read 4 words on the link and started babbling about 19th century ..you even managed to confuse oldlakey in the process, which lets be honest isn't difficult.

Please try to keep up with  yourself!

Edited by onthesoi

15 hours ago, chrisinth said:

I will have no sympathy for these two when they are caught and really do hope they do time for this.

For anyone thinking this is a trivial matter, try doing this to your own national flag in your home country.......................;)

It is commonly done in the USA and in general is allowed, unless it is private property then of course you would be liable for damages and costs.  It is called, for better or for worse "Free speech"

5 hours ago, Mangostin said:

How would a few kids, coming in holiday to this place, probably for their very own first time, be aware of all the laws that constantly keep changing, if even an adult and reasonably informed resident from a long time, find hard to keep pace with???? :blink:

Good sensible 18 to 20 yr old kids dont need laws to control them cos they wont do stuff like these 2 italian boys. 

I do not need to read up on any books or guidelines at all b4 i visit Thailand or USA to know that i cannot litter, spit or destroy anothers property whether public or private. Its basic good common sense.

Thailand is not the wild west with ever changing laws. Yes there gun violence, tragic traffic accidents n unequalilty between the rich n poor.

But it is not a crazy country, if it is there be no tourist coming, these 2 italian kids wouldnt be here. Thai society has not collapsed n will not. There are too many good people and good citizens here to allowed that. I do not denied there r bad people here as is the same anywhere else.

So  dont defend this 2 grown kids near their adulthood for what they done. Not with a logic like yours. 

Edited by Moonmoon

I spent time in the U.S. Navy. Before entering any port, we got sat down and told in very clear terms we were ambassadors of our country. As well, any crimes committed would have punishment doled out from the respective country, THEN the Navy would have their way with us.