Realestate is a gold mine business.

sandgroper2

Business is so good that they no longer work on behalf of any Tom, Dick or Harry. If you want them to do something you must first appear sincere, go to their offices, massage their ego's, offer them incentives- those things may get you on their interest ladder or maybe not - but to be sure, you stand a better chance that way than just calling them and then hanging up!

20 hours ago, NanLaew said:

But are you really looking for a rental or just bored because you can't get out due to the weather and just want a wind up?

Im dinkum. Best ive seen so far is Jomthien Complex, Condo. And the agents i tried to contact wont get the listing for my condo.

Just rang 5 realestate companies looking for a rental, not one answered phone. They must be so busy. (rang durying , supposed, business hours).

It's high season, they won't pick up until March. Things work a bit differently here to your 1st world origin

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, mcfish said:

It's high season, they won't pick up until March. Things work a bit differently here to your 1st world origin

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

They don't pick up in March, July or any other time of the year either.

Don't bother with rentals on the various Pattaya real estate websites either. I've never found one that I liked that was available. Quite often they don't even know if a listed property is available or not.

If you don't like to be bothered by Real Estate agents bugging you on the phone, Pattaya is the place. What they will do is use your email address to send spam about properties for sale.

1 hour ago, tontraveller said:

East Coast real estate might be one of the best 

Office at Jomtien Complex condo ,near entrance

I disagree. I went in there looking for a rental, gave them all my requirements, and never heard back from them - not once. That was after a glowing recommendation too. It was during the quiet season.

They don't pick up in March, July or any other time of the year either.

Don't bother with rentals on the various Pattaya real estate websites either. I've never found one that I liked that was available. Quite often they don't even know if a listed property is available or not.

If you don't like to be bothered by Real Estate agents bugging you on the phone, Pattaya is the place. What they will do is use your email address to send spam about properties for sale.

Good point. I still haven't received a reply from the 6 emails I sent to agents in Pattaya last September

On 1/11/2017 at 1:37 PM, tropo said:

I disagree. I went in there looking for a rental, gave them all my requirements, and never heard back from them - not once. That was after a glowing recommendation too. It was during the quiet season.

That is highly unusual.  I've done two transactions (one purchase, on sale) in 2016 with them, and had interacted with them before that several times, and always was impressed with the professional and prompt service from them.  Never a missed return call/e-mail.  Sorry you got the short end of that, especially if it were my recommendation that prompted you to approach them!

11 hours ago, wpcoe said:

That is highly unusual.  I've done two transactions (one purchase, on sale) in 2016 with them, and had interacted with them before that several times, and always was impressed with the professional and prompt service from them.  Never a missed return call/e-mail.  Sorry you got the short end of that, especially if it were my recommendation that prompted you to approach them!

I went there on a glowing recommendation from a friend. I'm not surprised they jumped on a purchase/sale transaction. Renting is a low priority for these agents. 

No "For Rent "   signs on balcony of Jomtien Complex. (or for sale)

Ok, maybe I don't get out much but where I live at Jomtien Beach Condo which has 5 complexes located off Beach Rd and 2nd Rd there are numerous signs hanging on their balconies for anyone that might be interested.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

God you dont half read some rubbish on here knocking estate agents ,it was the same in the UK , a load of jealous posters who know nothing , if you don't like Agents so much ,go and do it all yourself .

my wife takes calls even late at night from clients and punters , even had two calls on christmas day . yes there are some tw-ts in the business ,but most get on with the job ,even though half the time they have to deal with a load of wan-ers.

and dont forget unless they rent or sell a property they get nothing for advertizing it and taking people to see it .

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 11:42 PM, Roger Lee said:

Ok, maybe I don't get out much but where I live at Jomtien Beach Condo which has 5 complexes located off Beach Rd and 2nd Rd there are numerous signs hanging on their balconies for anyone that might be interested.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Looked at Jomtien Beach Condo, now know why so many are for sale or rent. Great value for OAPs.

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:00 AM, i claudius said:

God you dont half read some rubbish on here knocking estate agents ,it was the same in the UK , a load of jealous posters who know nothing , if you don't like Agents so much ,go and do it all yourself .

my wife takes calls even late at night from clients and punters , even had two calls on christmas day . yes there are some tw-ts in the business ,but most get on with the job ,even though half the time they have to deal with a load of wan-ers.

and dont forget unless they rent or sell a property they get nothing for advertizing it and taking people to see it .

A professional realestate salesperson is on a wage, commision with car and car and phone allowance. Wouldnt deal with anything less.