New mall 'SHOW DC' opens with durian room and shower for tourists

snoop1130

New mall 'SHOW DC' opens with durian room and shower for tourists

By Coconuts Bangkok

showdc_head.jpg

Another new shopping mall, SHOW DC, recently opened their doors near RCA. They hope to serve as the city’s tourist hub by offering basic facilities that all travelers need — such as a shower.

Located 30 minutes from Suvarnabhumi, SHOW DC will soon offer shuttle buses from the airport, Petchaburi MRT station and other attractions in the city. With its goal to become “Bangkok Tourist Terminal,” it offers a shower room, a courier service counter, a prayer room, a tourist police center, travel agents counters and a tourist information center with multi-language assistants.

Meanwhile, to please Thai travelers, its “K-District” on the first floor boasts the world’s biggest Koreatown with all things Korean such as street fashion, cosmetics, lifestyle products, groceries, cafes and restaurants owned by K-Pop artists. This is an attempt to give customers that they are shopping in one of Seoul’s shopping destinations like Myeong Dong.

Full Story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2017/01/09/new-mall-show-dc-opens-durian-room-and-shower-tourists

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-1-9

Just what BKK needs.... Another prayer room. Why is it you seldom see a Christian chapel, Sikh or Hindu temple or even a synagogue attached to every public building?

According to a muslim friend these rooms are unnecessary as he says he can pray anywhere.

15 hours ago, Pdaz said:

Just what BKK needs.... Another prayer room. Why is it you seldom see a Christian chapel, Sikh or Hindu temple or even a synagogue attached to every public building?

According to a muslim friend these rooms are unnecessary as he says he can pray anywhere.

Well because other religions are not require to pray five times  a day. No it is no easy to pray anywhere, perhaps your Muslim friends are not strict muslims, most in Thailand are not strict muslims so they find these rooms not necessary. 

I use to have a room mate who was a strict muslim back in college, he had to run back to his dorm to pray, if not he will have to find an empty classroom to pray. He can't exactly just pray in the middle of the hallway out of courtesy of others around him.

While it is another shopping Mall, this RCA/Rama 9 area is quickly turning into a large tourist area for Chinese and Korean tourists. Many stay in my complex. So this is a good concept. I just wished that the construction would stop after 10pm at night :(

1 hour ago, bkkgriz said:

I like the shower room idea. Some days I feel I need a shower after walking around for 10 minutes in the BKK heat and humidity.

Putting wet, sweaty clothes back on after a shower just wouldn't do it for me.  

I guess some guys go out shopping better prepared- with a change of clothes in their man-purse.  Or have well prepared girlfriends or wives that have been wanting for years to nudge them toward the soap.

19 hours ago, Pdaz said:

Prayer is like insurance. Never hurts to have a little. Upon exiting our earthly bodies we may yet be surprised whats on the other side. If there is a hell most of us are really toast.

Would be nice if they also sold imported fruit from other Asian countries. Malaysia and Indonesia have a lot of tropical fruit you'll never find on a Thai market. For Koreans it will be great to find it all in one spot so they don't have to go to the other countries to eat fruit.

But i hope the place is cheaper than the or-tor-kor market where all fruit is 2-4 times the price of any other market.