How our lives fell apart after foreign son-in-law died

webfact

How our lives fell apart after foreign son-in-law died

a1.jpg

Picture: Sanook

KALASIN: -- A Thai grandmother has spoken about how her family's lives fell apart after the death of her foreign son-in-law.

All was going well for granny Aram Daoreung, 67, in her lovely 5 million baht home and swimming pool paid for by the main breadwinner in the family, reports Sanook.

But that person died at the end of 2015 leaving her daughter Thanyathorn Drayer in desperate financial straights.

The result was that her daughter put the home, in the Nong Kung Sri, up for sale. Mum was turfed out onto the streets.

And to add insult to injury a team debt collectors arrived to evict her and made off with most of her possessions forcing her to live off the charity of neighbors and relatives.

Yesterday Aram went to the government watchdog and help group Damrongtham to seek justice in her town of Kalasin in the north east of Thailand.

Investigators are looking into her case to see if it was legal.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-10

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost unbelievable, her daughter was obviously a fool, wasted all the money she had and by the looks of it lived beyond her means well after her source of income passed away.

Why this woman is even looking into the legality of being thrown out is beyond me. What did she bring to the table ?

It is the tough part of having a young Thai wife.  You have to make some sort of plans if you give a damn about them.  She should do well with the sale of the house if it wasn't mortgaged to the hilt.   And its sad, living with your mother in law will not extend your life.  Build a granny house.

Where is the article from the past that said "How great our lives are with our new foreign son in law".  Also interesting about the debt collectors.  what debts?  Land lease?  Home construction loan?  Wifies' borrowing money against the house as equity?  Utility bills?  Thai hordes just taking advantage of the situation, that of course from the beginning has the cards stacked against the foreigner. 

3 hours ago, ukrules said:

Almost unbelievable, her daughter was obviously a fool, wasted all the money she had and by the looks of it lived beyond her means well after her source of income passed away.

Why this woman is even looking into the legality of being thrown out is beyond me. What did she bring to the table ?

GREED and selfishness, beats  me it even makes a  story but she knows no shame

All my property and money already owned by/accessible to my wife to look after herself and her kids when I die. She has no family leeching from her. 

Unfortunately my pensions will die with me but she has the capability and will to survive and prosper, we have businesses already.

It's simple with a bit of thought. 

1 hour ago, thaipod said:

Maybe the pension payments stopped after the passing away of the husband and had no savings

In other words, if this is the case, the farang was hoodwinging the family all along. Possibly claiming to have the funds to support the situation and financial arrangements for the future of his wife on his death.

In my many decades here seen this a couple of times, farang claims to have plenty of funds, then suddenly needs to borrow to survive, because he's broke, has no savings anywhere and no back up whatever and not been fleeced by the Thai wife or her family. The false financial grandstanding caught up.

Life is short

Live today like it will your last

Live the American Dream, in Thailand

Spend your money, you can't take it with you when you're dead

yea, who knows.....maybe this guy was sick and this lady had to be with him 24 hours a day, and he lived longer as she was kind.  or maybe a zillion other stories....but it is fun to think she just yelled at him all day, "go to the ATM you farang and get me my money!!!!!"  as she gave the money to her 11 boyfriends and 134 family members.

Archived