Flood warning: Met office warns Phetchaburi and Prachuap

webfact

Flood warning: Met office warns Phetchaburi and Prachuap

1p.jpg

Picture: Thairath

PRACHUAP KHIRI KHAN: -- The Thai met office has warned of "heavy to severe" rains today in the upper south and has told residents of Phetchaburi and Prachuap Khiri Khan to be on alert.

The rains could cause serious flooding in the two provinces as runoff is also expected from forest areas, reports Thairath.

The rains are caused by a depression in the Andaman Sea that is moving across into Myanmar.

Meanwhile, the situation further south is expected to ease.

There is also a warning for small boats to stay in port for Tuesday as waves of 2-3 meters are expected in both the Gulf of Thailand and the Andaman Sea.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-10

I guess the XXXXXXXXXXXXXtended rainy season just took a New Years break to continue to ravage its agenda in 2017...... or in short, with the current events down south and already arriving in Huahin,....... I'm very concerned that it's gonna be a wet year 2017 with zero drought and more floods, closely resembling 2011 floods. 

If it starts so early this year in a supposed cold season, I fear it can have severe consequences in prime time rainy season 2017 or way beyond,.... wanna bet, folks?

Archived