Best Pre-Pay AIS/One2Call Phone Packages

brotherother

Agree, like asking where I should go on vacation? Or how long is a piece of string.

Pre-paid? Post-paid? Length of stay? Usage requirements? Budget? Why AIS? Expiry requirements?

Assuming a generic requirement, just buy a 49 baht SIM, add value, subscribe to a data plan.

Cheap phone calls? To whom? To Where? Define cheap?

Edited by mtls2005

If  members want to help then ****************do so.

Don't know why people bother to ask a straightforward  question and get anything other than a straight and simple answer.

I'm off. Take care of myself in future.

Edited by prakhonchai nick

1 minute ago, prakhonchai nick said:

If  members want to help then ****************do so.

Don't know why people bother to ask a straightforward  question and get anything other than a straight and simple answer.

I'm off. Take care of myself in future.

Wow, talk about throwing toys out of the pram.  Wasn't even your topic.
Best of luck to you

I had a similar query, and I had a choice of replies from 'Trip Adviser'.

I needed to make a call to Australia, using my existing AIS SIM card.   The information included a couple of codes to get out of Thailand, and apparently the cheapest is if you dial 009.   My 4 minute call to Oz cost me about 100baht.

AIS seem very reliable and you can top up with e-banking as well as 7-11.

I can't help you with data costs as I don't use it on my phone.

Just now, A. BOOZER said:

Have I missed something?

I understood that AIS Top Ups were no longer available from 7-11s. 

Has the spat between C.P. and AIS been resolved?

Nope, not resolved.  Cannot buy AIS top up vouchers at 7-11.
Still, off topic

11 minutes ago, A. BOOZER said:

Have I missed something?

I understood that AIS Top Ups were no longer available from 7-11s. 

Has the spat between C.P. and AIS been resolved?

No you didn't miss.

Many other topup options available.

I don't want to go into detail. The thread about it is xxx posts long :tongue:

Just that also the "orange colored" veding machines are not a good choice anymore (5% fee for any amount).

About the OP:

Do you live in Thailand permanently/long time?

What is your usual call volume (how many, how long)?

Need mobile highspeed or just for some text chat, VOIP, browsing?

Too many options indeed.

Apologies if my original post was somewhat vague.

I'm 90% of the time connected to wifi and only occasionally need to make short calls, mainly to other AIS users. I'm not based in Thailand on a permanent, continual basis otherwise I'd be looking at post-pay options, which seem better value.

Having trawled through the myriad of AIS pre-paid package possibilities, from what I can tell, the best option is to simply use any existing credit to buy a new package (e.g B7 for 14 minutes of call time to any network, 24 hours validity), if and when I need to make a call. Likewise, I'll do the same for internet use when there's no wifi connection.

Thanks

2 hours ago, masuk said:

I had a similar query, and I had a choice of replies from 'Trip Adviser'.

I needed to make a call to Australia, using my existing AIS SIM card.   The information included a couple of codes to get out of Thailand, and apparently the cheapest is if you dial 009.   My 4 minute call to Oz cost me about 100baht.

AIS seem very reliable and you can top up with e-banking as well as 7-11.

I can't help you with data costs as I don't use it on my phone.

I know with Dtac 004 is cheaper than 009. I'm happy with Dtac but I think AIS has more free wi-fi zones. If you download Line then you can make free calls over Internet if other person has Line.

I have the AIS cell phone basic plan, 300 thb/month limited call and unlimited internet. Because I do not use calling very much, works very well, but better not to pass the limit. To get international call too, it is also very cheap by a minute.Get onto Line and make your calls for free, anywhere, and if need it, 003 is a good dial out number for international calls on AIS.

No problem with internet., even driven in countryside areas. I am not sure, but I believe that monthly plans only can be under a Thai citizen name, and I have it under my wife name. Same with the new AIS home internet optical cable service. Very good for the basic 599 thb/month plan, and with just more 200thb/month can get a smart TV box for free. No extra cost or fees for router or installation.

Edited by Muzarella

For pre-paid:

Other than "buffet"-like services/promotions/packages, most all network calling, intra-Thailand, mobile-to-mobile charges are in the 70 satang to 1 baht/min range; the NBTC did just mandate per second billing (or maybe per 6 seconds?).

Each provider has a broad, and constantly changing array, of promotions, vis-a-vis voice calls: on-net, off-net, select numbers, time-of-day, etc. I suspect most people just opt for the simplest, 1 baht/min to all networks, all day?

Expiry can be managed out to the max. of 365 days on most SIMs by making 12 individual top-ups (for 30 days each) at the orange Boonterm kiosk (in front of every 7/11, in the BTS, everywhere) of 10 baht each (12 baht with the 2 baht service fee; top-ups of 100 baht and up have no service fee) for 144 baht and 120 baht credit. Some providers allow the ability to purchase expiry, typically 2 baht/30 days increments.

All providers have mobile apps, IVR, USSD - managed interfaces to query and modify a current promotion/subscription.

Without a detailed understanding of someone's requirements/usage, it is useless making recommendations.

Edited by mtls2005