Protests will aim to disrupt Trump inauguration - organisers

webfact

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Obama had 8 years to close Guantanamo. He can't have tried very hard.

The point about Syria and the "line" is that he shouldn't have declared it if he wasn't going to do anything about it. He just made himself look weak and ineffective.

He did try very hard, you haven't noticed who was opposing him every move to close the prison. Again I hear nothing of you blasting Trump for wanting to keep it open and costing the country over $400 million per year if they decide to restock it with more prisoners.

America has done a lot of things they shouldn't have in the middle east. But many are political stuff you and I will never know until 20 years down the road. All I will say is that US needs to stop meddling in too much of foreign affairs. The country is already strong enough on its own.

This will be my last comment here regarding this issue as we are off topic, sorry!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Music to my ears...!!!      "We want to shut down the inauguration" "We want to see a seething rebellion develop in this city and across the country."
"We are not in favor of a peaceful transition of power, and we need to stop it,"

27 protest groups have been granted permits      

Stamp this cretin out like a plague.   Never mind who won or didn't win the election - if you think this asshat belongs in the seat of US Presidency you either haven't not been paying attention or your name is Kellyanne Conway.

I'm conflicted about what to think about this radical tactic. Of course the inaugauration of trump will be one of the most tragically dark days in American history, but the question I have is what is the best way to resist him? Very few people want an actual literal civil war with blood in the streets although it's clear there is already a soft civil war of feelings going on. How to resolve this divide and weaken trump as much as possible? I don't know, wish I did, but suspect this kind of radical tactic isn't it. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Obama had 8 years to close Guantanamo. He can't have tried very hard.

The point about Syria and the "line" is that he shouldn't have declared it if he wasn't going to do anything about it. He just made himself look weak and ineffective.

Clearly you know absolutely nothing about Obama and his 8 years as president.  Empty insults all.

He's not against fat people either, as far as I know

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm conflicted about what to think about this radical tactic. Of course the inaugauration of trump will be one of the most tragically dark days in American history, but the question I have is what is the best way to resist him? Very few people want an actual literal civil war with blood in the streets although it's clear there is already a soft civil war of feelings going on. How to resolve this divide and weaken trump as much as possible? I don't know, wish I did, but suspect this kind of radical tactic isn't it. 

Well they shot your last decent President, hopefully the 'resisters' won't go that far but just shut up, grow up and go along with the result. The crybabies get another chance in 4 years, if they can find a decent candidate this time.

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Like a lot of people sitting on soft sofas wishing this threat will go away or not be as bad as people fear.  This is a moment in history to rise up, violence if necessary, in the streets definitely, active in every way.  Americans are not accustomed to having to defend their democracy, their freedoms - gone soft, forgotten what their ancestors fought for.  Not a time to be a spectator, watching a dictator rise to power.

Just now, thai3 said:

He's not against fat people either, as far as I know

Well they shot your last decent President, hopefully the 'resisters' won't go that far but just shut up, grow up and go along with the result. The crybabies get another chance in 4 years, if they can find a decent candidate this time.

Don't even bother with such B.S. The resistance to trump is never going to shut up. Deal with that like an adult. The supporters of man baby trump call the resistance crybabies. That's rich. 

4 minutes ago, LatPhrao said:

Like a lot of people sitting on soft sofas wishing this threat will go away or not be as bad as people fear.  This is a moment in history to rise up, violence if necessary, in the streets definitely, active in every way.  Americans are not accustomed to having to defend their democracy, their freedoms - gone soft, forgotten what their ancestors fought for.  Not a time to be a spectator, watching a dictator rise to power.

I'm not sure you're not wrong. I just don't know. This is something we've never faced in American history. Uncharted waters. I accept this might even mean a remote possibility of an actual civil war or some regions trying to separate. I'm happy for you that you're so confident that you know the best tactics. I'm just not there.

I do agree the threat is very, very real. trump will be in a position to do massive damage to the very core of American democracy. Resist we must. 

The question I have is what is the best way. Without a unified leadership on that, it could potentially be made even worse and give ammunition to the trump fascists to go even bigger with their agenda. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 minute ago, LatPhrao said:

This is a moment in history to rise up, violence if necessary, in the streets definitely, active in every way.  Americans are not accustomed to having to defend their democracy,

Use violence to over throw a democratically elected President in order to protect your democratic rights ?

Have you given much thought about that ?

Just now, Jingthing said:

I'm not sure you're not wrong. I just don't know. This is something we've never faced in American history. Uncharted waters. I accept this might even mean a remote possibility of an actual civil war or some regions trying to separate. I'm happy for you that you're so confident that you know the best tactics. I'm just not there.

Well, we have faced something of this significance before but it has been out of most American's life time.  It was the Japanese bombing Pearl Harbor.  Trump is ushering in the Russians, and they've all ready invaded through hacking and swaying the election.  It's almost like reading fiction, but this is really happening.

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

to do massive damage to the very core of American democracy. Resist we must.

Ha ha , just listen to yourself .

Its you who is damaging American democracy by not respecting what the people voted for .

*Save democracy by not respecting the results of democracy"

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Use violence to over throw a democratically elected President in order to protect your democratic rights ?

Have you given much thought about that ?

Absolutely have and do not say it lightly.  There is a time to stand up and do what's necessary - and in the history of the United States this is one of them.

Edited by LatPhrao

Just now, LatPhrao said:

Well, we have faced something of this significance before but it has been out of most American's life time.  It was the Japanese bombing Pearl Harbor.  Trump is ushering in the Russians, and they've all ready invaded through hacking and swaying the election.  It's almost like reading fiction, but this is really happening.

The Russian connection is just one part of this. The deeper problem is the internal division. Of course that plays right into Putin's hand as well. But I feel we're already at a level of a civil war of political passions. I don't want to see blood but I don't want the U.S. to lose it's liberal democracy either. 

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Its you who is damaging American democracy by not respecting what the people voted for .

You seem to of missed the bits about Russia, hacking, swaying the election and so on.  There is no respect for Trump or the way he got there.  NONE.

Trump is ushering in the Russians, and they've all ready invaded through hacking and swaying the election.

LOL at Americans complaining about Russians swaying US elections when the USA has spent the last 50 years getting rid of World leaders they didnt like  by sabotage, bombing Countries and killings , and they complain about E-mail hacking !!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, LatPhrao said:

Absolutely have and do not say it lightly.  There is a time to stand up and do what's necessary - and in the history of the United States this is one of them.

Are you fighting for democracy or against democracy ?

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The Russian connection is just one part of this. The deeper problem is the internal division. Of course that plays right into Putin's hand as well. But I feel we're already at a level of a civil war of political passions. I don't want to see blood but I don't want the U.S. to lose it's liberal democracy either. 

Well, that's the dilemma.  No one wants to see blood.  No one wants to have to go to this extreme but there come time's in history when you've got to get off the bench.  In my opinion and others this is one of those moments.

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

LOL at Americans complaining about Russians swaying US elections when the USA has spent the last 50 years getting rid of World leaders they didnt like  by sabotage, bombing Countries and killings , and they complain about E-mail hacking !!!!!!!

LOL at people ready to deflect, go down a convenient rabbit hole and avoid the issue at hand.  Try to stay on topic.  Unless yours is that you want to see the US punished for it's sins by having a Manchurian candidate who is run by Russia.

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Easier to ignore these nutters - notice they won't go back to the USA to take up the fight 55555

Hypictites the bunch of them.

Change is coming and these snowflakes will melt away.cuz at the end of the day they are such a small minority screaming no one really cares, it was all the PC crap that forced us to accept their POV. 

2 minutes ago, Luckysilk said:

Easier to ignore these nutters - notice they won't go back to the USA to take up the fight 55555

Hypictites the bunch of them.

Change is coming and these snowflakes will melt away.cuz at the end of the day they are such a small minority screaming no one really cares, it was all the PC crap that forced us to accept their POV. 

I'm taking up the fight right here. One empty minded poster at a time.   And the numbers and the outrage are growing.  Stay tuned.   See you outside the US Embassy on January 20th.  Bring your Hypocrite sign so we know who you are.

LOL at people ready to deflect, go down a convenient rabbit hole and avoid the issue at hand.  Try to stay on topic.  Unless yours is that you want to see the US punished for it's sins by having a Manchurian candidate who is run by Russia.

That is going a bit far, you seem hysterical .

Trump is not "run by Russia"

Now calm, down , put your red revolutionary flags away 

If you want to live in a democracy, you have to accept democratic results

People who lose elections. just have to accept it

5 minutes ago, LatPhrao said:

I'm taking up the fight right here. One empty minded poster at a time.   And the numbers and the outrage are growing.  Stay tuned.   See you outside the US Embassy on January 20th.  Bring your Hypocrite sign so we know who you are.

5 minutes ago, LatPhrao said:

55555555 sure Dude

Taking the baht bus ?

i seriously cannot think of one issue you lefties scream about that I really care about so enjoy your little get together and don't forget to wear sunscreen. 

Edited by Luckysilk
Insertion

12 minutes ago, LatPhrao said:

LOL at people ready to deflect, go down a convenient rabbit hole and avoid the issue at hand.  Try to stay on topic. 

Ha ha , it was you who mentioned  "Russians and swaying elections" and Japan bombing Pearl harbour and when I replied to that, you tell me to stay on topic !!!!!!!!!

So, you can mention other topics and I cannot reply to them, because its "going off topic" :)

1 minute ago, Luckysilk said:

55555555 sure Dude

Taking the baht bus ?

i seriously think of one issue your lefties scream about that I really care about so enjoy your little get together and don't forget to wear sunscreen. 

As usual, hot air and nothing of substance - just repeat the phony lies and make small caliber insults.           Sin huevos. 

10 minutes ago, sanemax said:

That is going a bit far, you seem hysterical .

Trump is not "run by Russia"

Now calm, down , put your red revolutionary flags away 

If you want to live in a democracy, you have to accept democratic results

People who lose elections. just have to accept it

Sorry, i would challenge you to a battle of wits but i see you've come unarmed.

As usual, hot air and nothing of substance - just repeat the phony lies and make small caliber insults.           Sin huevos. 

What will you do when you hear the words 

I Donald John Trump .......

i sense a meltdown 5555555555 try to wear something bright so "if" the news picks it up and runs with "Bunch of Loonies outside Embassy" I know which one is you lol 

Just now, Luckysilk said:

What will you do when you hear the words 

I Donald John Trump .......

i sense a meltdown 5555555555 try to wear something bright so "if" the news picks it up and runs with "Bunch of Loonies outside Embassy" I know which one is you lol 

Safe Spaces in the vicinity?

Just now, LatPhrao said:

Sorry, i would challenge you to a battle of wits but i see you've come unarmed.

The irony of that is that you are using a quote from someone else thats 100 years old or so .

You can hardly claim to take the higher ground, intelligence wise, when you use other peoples old quotes to try to get your point across