Online fury over Chinese woman, 92, 'kept' in pigsty

webfact

Online fury over Chinese woman, 92, 'kept' in pigsty

By Kerry AllenBBC Monitoring

Images of an emaciated elderly woman have rattled Chinese social media users, after papers in the southern Guangxi region reported that the 92-year-old had been kept in a pigsty by her son and daughter-in-law "for years".

The woman, whose surname is Yang, lived in a padlocked 10-sq-metre cell and slept on a wooden bench, says Southern Morning Post.

Suggestions that she may have been there voluntarily have sparked debate about whether anyone will be held to account.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-38597464

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2017-01-13

Actually those of us brought up in the Church of England and maybe have a leaning towards the Ten Commandments or those following the teaching of the Buddha would think twice .

its not so much about being a practicing member- it's much more about the ingrained morals you were taught as a child . 

6 minutes ago, peterb17 said:

Actually those of us brought up in the Church of England and maybe have a leaning towards the Ten Commandments or those following the teaching of the Buddha would think twice .

its not so much about being a practicing member- it's much more about the ingrained morals you were taught as a child . 

Are you joking here?  The Church has committed some of the worst atrocities and disgusting crimes in the world, from sex abuse or children, torture, slaughter of non believers, fraud, oppression etc etc.

3 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Are you joking here?  The Church has committed some of the worst atrocities and disgusting crimes in the world, from sex abuse or children, torture, slaughter of non believers, fraud, oppression etc etc.

14639649_1119146774830083_783872967194959489_n.jpg

17 hours ago, onthesoi said:

Thailand not peaceful, but Germany and Canada are peaceful...really?

I'm trying to remember the last time Thailand deployed troops on foreign soil?

Afghanistan 2012, Sudan 2010, Iraq 2003, East Timor 1999, before that is was fighting communism in Laos and Vietnam. 

On 1/13/2017 at 1:38 AM, jak2002003 said:

Yes, parts of some  of the churches have carried out monstrous deeds.  But just because some didn't practice as they preach doesn't mean that some of the good moral parts of the church should not be thought of, which is the original poster's post that you critiqued

8 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Yes, parts of some  of the churches have carried out monstrous deeds.  But just because some didn't practice as they preach doesn't mean that some of the good moral parts of the church should not be thought of, which is the original poster's post that you critiqued

I suspect you are biased in this case... are you a Christian by any chance?

People don't need made up stories and controlling religions to know what is wright and wrong. 

Are you saying that the old lady locked in shocking conditions in China is really the result of China not converting to Christianity to know what is morally right and wrong?

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 6:41 PM, jak2002003 said:

I suspect you are biased in this case... are you a Christian by any chance?

People don't need made up stories and controlling religions to know what is wright and wrong. 

Are you saying that the old lady locked in shocking conditions in China is really the result of China not converting to Christianity to know what is morally right and wrong?

I am not biased at all.  I have nothing to do with Christianity or any other organized religion.  Stop assuming things and going off on tangents. You totally missed the point of my posts due to your obvious bias.  You are clearly one of those people that attempt to read more into things than are there.  

I do think that map graphic one person posted is interesting.  It purports to show a connection between least religious countries and most peaceful countries.  Seems kind of hard to accept that it shows Africa very peaceful given the Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Ethiopia/Eiritria, Somalia, and other situations over the years.