3 Pattaya communities sprayed for mosquitoes

Rimmer

3 Pattaya communities sprayed for mosquitoes

The Pattaya Health Department sprayed pesticide and distributed abate in three neighborhoods at high risk of dengue fever transmitted by mosquitoes.

PATTAYA:--The Pattaya Health Department sprayed pesticide and distributed abate in three neighborhoods at high risk of dengue fever transmitted by mosquitoes.

Disease Control Division employees were out Jan. 7 in the Banglamung Post Office, Nong Tabak, and Soi Bongkot communities.

They checked for standing water that could be used as mosquito breeding grounds and handed out pamphlets to educate residents on the need to keep areas tidy to prevent the insects from multiplying.

The department said Pattaya suffered 362 cases of dengue fever in 2016, with no fatalities. Banglamung District has been declared a “red zone” for the disease and authorities are desperate to reduce the number of cases

Read more: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/3-pattaya-communities-sprayed-mosquitoes-161177

PATTAYA MAIL 2017-01-13

My condo block in Jomtien was spayed the other day, made me laugh because they skipped the fenced off vacant block next door, lots of standing water and foliage. I would be interested to know what the spay does to bees etc.

You are only as strong as your weakest link. Teseban agreed to spray our estate of 62 houses after four cases of dengue.  Owners were asked to leave gates open to allow access. 15 didn't!  A couple cited their dog as the reason!

So mosquitoes were killed only on alternate plots.  The mooban is predominantly farang.

Archived