Trump blames 'both Democrats and Republicans' for allegations

snoop1130

6 hours ago, heybruce said:

I love it!

Trump spent six years questioning whether Obama was born in the US and ignoring all evidence that he was.  Now he is faced with stories of kinky activity with prostitutes and is outraged.  The beauty is that while Obama could and did prove he was born in the US, Trump can never prove he never got kinky with prostitutes. 

Maybe there is something to karma.

I'm hope you are intelligent enough to know that Trump knew that Obama was born in the US all along. He needed the far right votes too so that was just the start of his campaign, and as you know there is no holds barred on either side when it comes to campaigning. He did not have the support of the far right politicians, but brilliantly he won over most of their voters in the primary, giving him all of them in the general election. Clinton got past the same sort of stuff and so will Trump even if it is true as Clintons were.  The big advantage Trump has is that he doesn't owe anybody in Congress anything, but may very well have a lot of dirt on them.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

But nobody seems remotely interested in getting to the bottom of the matter of the lying and cheating by Hilary and the DNC to disadvantage Bernie Sanders and then Trump.

Wonder why that is?

Yes, the DNC favored a life-long Democrat over an independent that became an opportunistic Democrat to campaign as a member of a major party, then favored a Democrat over a Republican.  Shocking!

8 minutes ago, Grubster said:

I'm hope you are intelligent enough to know that Trump knew that Obama was born in the US all along. He needed the far right votes too so that was just the start of his campaign, and as you know there is no holds barred on either side when it comes to campaigning. He did not have the support of the far right politicians, but brilliantly he won over most of their voters in the primary, giving him all of them in the general election. Clinton got past the same sort of stuff and so will Trump even if it is true as Clintons were.  The big advantage Trump has is that he doesn't owe anybody in Congress anything, but may very well have a lot of dirt on them.

Actually I have serious doubts about Trump's grasp of reality.  I also don't think describing "Birthers" as far-right is accurate, dimwits seems more appropriate.

15 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Journalist Glenn Greenwald. - hardly a Trump supporter - backs up much of what Trump is saying. He believes that the CIA put their weight behind Hillary, against Trump and are engaged in open warfare against the president elect. He believes that they are trying to unilaterally subvert the election and using the MSM and the democratic party to impose their own agenda.

Greenwald is a respected journalist that usually writes for liberal publications and is very well known internationally.

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/11/the-deep-state-goes-to-war-with-president-elect-using-unverified-claims-as-dems-cheer/

13 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

I just provided you with facts from Glenn Greenwald. You deflected by calling him a "random political commentator", which is far from the truth. He is well respected and a liberal to boot - not the kind to defend Trump without good reason. 

Greenwald, among other things, is an outspoken supporter of Wikileaks, and have negative views on US intelligence agencies in general. Perhaps not quite as neutral to the issue as suggested. That doesn't necessarily have much with liking or supporting Trump, but possibly more with the enemy of my enemy mentality.

"The worst and most tyrannical government actions in Washington are equally supported on a fully bipartisan basis."

"I think the only means of true political change will come from people working outside of that [two-party electoral] system to undermine it, and subvert it, and weaken it, and destroy it; not try to work within it to change it."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Greenwald#Political_views

4 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Those tax returns are never going to be released.......

I believe he will show them when he is ready to explain to the public why him and all the other billionaire's and large corporations don't pay tax because of all the loopholes provided by previous administrations and congress. This will be a game changer. Why do you think nearly all congressmen and big corporations were against him? Billionaire's don't care if he does this as they are already billionaire's. Many right wing leaning corporations and politicians overtly or covertly supported Hillary to avoid the possibility that he may expose this to the people. I hope I'm right and if not I will admit it.

Hmm.

Is there any chance at all we can get to the (leaking) bottom about the truth of these allegations (or not) before the tragic day of trump's inauguration.  I don't think so and if it did come out verified before that date, could his inauguration just not happen?

Americans, even trumpists, do you really really want a president under the thumb of Vladimir Putin? 

The Russia Story Reaches a Crisis Point

If Donald Trump really is compromised, we need immediate action, not media overreach

Meanwhile, Ynet in Israel is reporting that Israeli intelligence officials are deciding not to share intelligence with the incoming Trump administration. The report indicates they came to this conclusion after a recent meeting with American intelligence officials, who told them the Russians have "leverages of pressure" to use against Trump.

This is an extraordinary story. If our intelligence community really believes this, then playtime is over.

6 hours ago, heybruce said:

I love it!

Trump spent six years questioning whether Obama was born in the US and ignoring all evidence that he was.  Now he is faced with stories of kinky activity with prostitutes and is outraged.  The beauty is that while Obama could and did prove he was born in the US, Trump can never prove he never got kinky with prostitutes. 

Maybe there is something to karma.

The comparison of their respective reactions such allegations doesn't flatter Trump much.

It doesn't really matter if he was kinky with prostitutes or not. It's certainly credible to think it would be in his character. What matter is if there is proof, especially a video, and if there is, the problem of Putin using that as leverage. This is getting to be a much bigger deal than people thought at first. Rational people always knew the birther thing was racist B.S. This watersportsgate thing ... it's quite possibly real. Big difference in that. 

Edited by Jingthing

4 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

You made the suggestion that he could clear up illegal financial ties to Russia. The government has access to his tax returns and if they had any such information, it would have already been leaked. His tax returns are nothing but another baseless left wing talking point - another excuse to bash the man.

He doesn't have to release them to the public and he won't. 

The point is that he can make it all go away, pretty easily. If there are no such connections, should be easy to prove. Would strengthen his position and undermine that of his detractors. 

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

But nobody seems remotely interested in getting to the bottom of the matter of the lying and cheating by Hilary and the DNC to disadvantage Bernie Sanders and then Trump.

Wonder why that is?

Did they break any laws?

18 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Actually I have serious doubts about Trump's grasp of reality.  I also don't think describing "Birthers" as far-right is accurate, dimwits seems more appropriate.

Well he got all those dimwits to vote for him along with the rest didn't he? Brilliant I think. He won with very little support from any news {including FOX} corporations.  Wall street was against him. Big business was against him. All the prominent Republicans were against him.    Maybe reality will start to soak in to you and the rest before long.

1 minute ago, Grubster said:

Well he got all those dimwits to vote for him along with the rest didn't he? Brilliant I think. He won with very little support from any news {including FOX} corporations.  Wall street was against him. Big business was against him. All the prominent Republicans were against him.    Maybe reality will start to soak in to you and the rest before long.

That's what concerns me.  More and more are going against him.  And for good reasons.  He might  find it impossible to get anything done.  A hung government.  Trump isn't good inside a political organization.  It doesn't suit his personality.

1 minute ago, craigt3365 said:

Trump isn't good inside a political organization

Yes your onto something there. He is a one man band maybe the only one left to play for his inauguration. Trump and the Trumpettes oops the Rockettes I think turned him down to. 

5 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

That's what concerns me.  More and more are going against him.  And for good reasons.  He might  find it impossible to get anything done.  A hung government.  Trump isn't good inside a political organization.  It doesn't suit his personality.

Well I for one think the US government has been a dismal failure to the people for many years on both sides of the isle and the fact that they all fought hard against him tells me they know that they cannot control him as they can a lifetime politician that they have the goods on. We just had a hung government and mostly have for forty years except when it comes to tax breaks and loop holes for the rich and keeping the working class down. Do you really want more inside political organizers robbing you blind. Yes finally a President that will call a spade a spade. The politically correct era is over I hope.

Just now, Grubster said:

Well I for one think the US government has been a dismal failure to the people for many years on both sides of the isle and the fact that they all fought hard against him tells me they know that they cannot control him as they can a lifetime politician that they have the goods on. We just had a hung government and mostly have for forty years except when it comes to tax breaks and loop holes for the rich and keeping the working class down. Do you really want more inside political organizers robbing you blind. Yes finally a President that will call a spade a spade. The politically correct era is over I hope.

I agree with most of your post.  Sadly, instead of an insider robbing us blind, we have a dodgy businessman who's only in it for himself and his family.  Trump only cares about himself.  We all know that.

With regards to being PC, I'd prefer that over one that mocks handicapped people just because they don't say good things about him.  Or any of the other terribly rude things he's said over the years.  Not worthy of a president of the US.  That's not what we stand for.  Luckily.

7 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

I agree with most of your post.  Sadly, instead of an insider robbing us blind, we have a dodgy businessman who's only in it for himself and his family.  Trump only cares about himself.  We all know that.

With regards to being PC, I'd prefer that over one that mocks handicapped people just because they don't say good things about him.  Or any of the other terribly rude things he's said over the years.  Not worthy of a president of the US.  That's not what we stand for.  Luckily.

Trump and his family only use the laws provided by past administrations and congresses that have made those laws. As for a man slipping up and saying something off the cuff that was inappropriate, I would much rather have that then the perfectly politically correct blabbing we are so used to. I guess when you were working you weren't in it for yourself and your family.

5 minutes ago, Grubster said:

Trump and his family only use the laws provided by past administrations and congresses that have made those laws. As for a man slipping up and saying something off the cuff that was inappropriate, I would much rather have that then the perfectly politically correct blabbing we are so used to. I guess when you were working you weren't in it for yourself and your family.

And politicians and lobbyists only use laws provided by past administrations and congresses that have made those laws.  Thus, the swamp.  The one Trump was going to drain.  But doesn't seem to be interested now.

I was always into working for me and my family.  Unfortunately, never had the opportunity to put a company into bankruptcy and still pay myself $1 million in wages from the bankrupt company! LOL

43 minutes ago, Grubster said:

Actually he got tremendous support and free air time early in the campaign from all TV news organizations.   They considered him ratings boosting infotainment.  After he was brought to the attention of those who thought a presidential election campaign should be entertaining, he was off and running.

Yes his campaign of vague promises, scapegoating and impossible promises did appeal to a large minority (definitely not a majority) of voters.  FBI Director Comey keeping the e-mail thing alive in the final days, while keeping suspicions of ties between Russia and the Trump campaign under wraps, also helped.  All things considered, I can understand why many think the election result may not be legitimate, and I support efforts to find out what influence Russia may have had and whether Comey is guilty of partisan politics.

Just now, craigt3365 said:

And politicians and lobbyists only use laws provided by past administrations and congresses that have made those laws.  Thus, the swamp.  The one Trump was going to drain.  But doesn't seem to be interested now.

I was always into working for me and my family.  Unfortunately, never had the opportunity to put a company into bankruptcy and still pay myself $1 million in wages from the bankrupt company! LOL

Yes you have had the opportunity to use bankruptcy, just because you don't know how to use the carefully crafted system that congress has devised does not mean can't use it. Bankruptcy laws are a joke and I hope it will be addressed by the Trump administration. He has said that he only used the laws of the land for his business dealings and that he does not necessarily agree with them but you can't compete if you don't use all the tools available.

1 minute ago, Grubster said:

Yes you have had the opportunity to use bankruptcy, just because you don't know how to use the carefully crafted system that congress has devised does not mean can't use it. Bankruptcy laws are a joke and I hope it will be addressed by the Trump administration. He has said that he only used the laws of the land for his business dealings and that he does not necessarily agree with them but you can't compete if you don't use all the tools available.

Yes and a lot of ordinary traders and craftsmen suffered for it and he's not repentant.

10 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

Yes and a lot of ordinary traders and craftsmen suffered for it and he's not repentant.

And it will never change if nobody makes the changes in law, have you noticed a lot of effort on the part of any of the past administrations to right these wrongs? Do you think the Lawyer Hillary Clinton would have tried to change any of these laws?

6 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

You made the suggestion that he could clear up illegal financial ties to Russia. The government has access to his tax returns and if they had any such information, it would have already been leaked. His tax returns are nothing but another baseless left wing talking point - another excuse to bash the man. He doesn't have to release them to the public and he won't. 

A very sound common sense post

I am not a US citizen

Sometimes it takes poacher turned gamekeeper to catch the rest

He has already stated he used legal rules to minimize his tax payable

I believe he will close many tax loopholes

Surely all American should be happy they have a bright street wise man as president

He also can not be accused of surrounding himself with YES men, unlike Putin!

He will have been vetted for security clearance, and rest assured he has enough people not liking him especially the secret service, if there was anything adrift it would have been leaked and posted everywhere, and even Putin would have helped

I wish him and America well

Edited by al007

21 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Actually he got tremendous support and free air time early in the campaign from all TV news organizations.   They considered him ratings boosting infotainment.  After he was brought to the attention of those who thought a presidential election campaign should be entertaining, he was off and running.

Yes his campaign of vague promises, scapegoating and impossible promises did appeal to a large minority (definitely not a majority) of voters.  FBI Director Comey keeping the e-mail thing alive in the final days, while keeping suspicions of ties between Russia and the Trump campaign under wraps, also helped.  All things considered, I can understand why many think the election result may not be legitimate, and I support efforts to find out what influence Russia may have had and whether Comey is guilty of partisan politics.

He got zero support and all kinds of airtime from these news organizations, Trump played them for the fools they are. They were falling over themselves trying to discredit him in every way.  Funny I think, Brilliant on Trumps part.

All the Trump supporters assume he will fulfill his vague promises to drain the swamp and make America great again.  Many former Trump partners and contractors can tell you that taking him at his word is a dangerously bad idea.  His nominations for key posts and his failure to apply anything but flimsy window dressing to conflict of interest concerns should also give these people a clue, but apparently it hasn't.

4 minutes ago, Grubster said:

He got zero support and all kinds of airtime from these news organizations, Trump played them for the fools they are. They were falling over themselves trying to discredit him in every way.  Funny I think, Brilliant on Trumps part.

I've long maintained he's a great conman.  That doesn't make him brilliant and doesn't mean he's qualified to be president.

12 minutes ago, al007 said:

A very sound common sense post

I am not a US citizen

Sometimes it takes poacher turned gamekeeper to catch the rest

He has already stated he used legal rules to minimize his tax payable

I believe he will close many tax loopholes

Surely all American should be happy they have a bright street wise man as president

He also can not be accused of surrounding himself with YES men, unlike Putin!

He will have been vetted for security clearance, and rest assured he has enough people not liking him especially the secret service, if there was anything adrift it would have been leaked and posted everywhere, and even Putin would have helped

I wish him and America well

No, he won't be vetted for security clearances, he will receive them by virtue of being president.  Scary thought.

He would never pass the investigation for a security clearance without detailed information of all foreign ties and business interests, the kind of information he refuses to release.  Now he doesn't have to.

Regarding your assumptions about the secret service, they are forbidden by law to investigate US citizens.  The CIA can investigate suspected foreign agents with contacts to US citizens, but investigations of the citizens have to be handed over to the FBI.