Kitchen Tiles.

Bangkokhatter

Soon to be having a kitchen installed and my plan was do do the tiling after it's been fitted. Was at Boonthawan today looking at some tiles and the salesman advised that the complete kitchen area should be tiled and the kitchen units fitted on top of the tiles. The reason stated was because of Thailand's climate the cabinets could warp in the future.

My first thought was he's just trying to sell more tiles but then the wife called the kitchen people ( totally different company ) and they agreed it would be a better option, though they did say it was "up to you" :smile:

Am still not buying it to be honest but thought i would ask you guys for your opinions.

tile before cabinets   gets rid of possible damage to cabinets plus lots of time saved cutting and fitting around difficult  angles  tiles over here are quite cheap   so no great extra expense

+ .makes for better finish

Are kitchen cabinets here not standing on plastic levelling up legs???

if they are then tiling under isn't necessary if the excuse is rising damp from the connie.

But yes subject to the size of your tiles it need only be an extra row which is knack all in the scheme of things.

Cabinets that sit on tiles also have the advantage of being able to be adjusted exactly to fit a plinth kicker.

I have known instances where the kitchen legs on concrete will not lift high enough for the plinth to fit without it being ripped down...a ,mess!

sonot just tile it but keep the level the same all the way under.

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I think the OP is talking about fitting kitchen units on top of WALL tiles.
As Lamkyong states, fitting kitchen units onto an already tiled wall is the only way to go !!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Correct, been out today and brought the extra tiles to completely tile the whole kitchen.