Urgent Visa to UK

Hi All,

Looking for a bit of help....I'm trying to help a Thai friend to come to the UK.  The situation is her husband has died in an accident and we are trying to get her over for the funeral (which is in a 2 weeks).  I've helped her complete the visa application and we are just about to submit it.  When we come to the payment there is a few choices i.e. super priority service which is a 24he service but is 1024 dollars!!!!  This is a lot of money for her - Given the circumstances can we select the standard service and advise them of the urgency of the visa? 

Many Thanks

Yes there is a system in place for such eventualities, though they still encourage you to use the expensive options.

What should I do if I need a visa in an emergency?

• Before contacting UKVI check if you qualify for any of the user pay services such as super priority or priority visas that have quick turnaround times and apply as per If you do not meet the conditions, please apply for the standard visa category and pay the relevant fees.

• You may then email/ contact the International Enquiry service with the application details (case reference GWF number, complete name or passport number). Should your case qualify as an emergency, the team will get in touch with you. All other cases will be dealt with as normal.

• Please note this service is available only in case of a serious medical emergency or an unfortunate event in the family that requires immediate emergency travel and should be evidenced with the application. This service is not available for business emergencies.

Note: All applications will still need to meet the immigration rules in order to be granted a visa.

http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/thailand/frequently_asked_questions.html

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...