Five dead in Mexican nightclub bloodbath

webfact

Five dead in Mexican nightclub bloodbath

606x341_355116.jpg

CANCUN: -- At least five people have been killed with 15 wounded after a gunman opened fire in a nightclub in Cancun, Mexico.

A night of revellery at Blue Parrot club in Playa Del Carmen turned into a bloodbath.

Witnesses say an armed man walked into the club on the closing night of the 10-day BPM music festival and began to fire at another person in the venue.

The gunfire caused a stampede during which a woman was killed.

Organisers say three members of their security team were killed in the violence.

Two Canadians, an Italian and a Colombian are among the dead, four people have been detained.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2017-01-17

33 minutes ago, zorro1 said:

So much violence in Mexico that's its a tie with Brazil.

Expats concerned about "violence" in Thailand are running out of options

Maybe, but violence just gets the headlines.  Traffic deaths rack up the body count.

I've driven in Mexico.  I've driven in Thailand.  As long as it's in the daytime, give me Mexican traffic any day.  After dark, it's about a tie for white knuckles.  

6 hours ago, elabuelo said:

Despite the headlines about violence in Mexico, it is still a much safer destination for tourists and expats than Thailand.

RI DI CU LOUS!

Ho sorry I forgot a second we are on Thaivisa...

...Yes of course... much safer, by the way not difficult since everywhere is safer than Thailand :whistling:Pffff

On 1/17/2017 at 3:03 PM, Tchooptip said:

RI DI CU LOUS!

Ho sorry I forgot a second we are on Thaivisa...

...Yes of course... much safer, by the way not difficult since everywhere is safer than Thailand :whistling:Pffff

I think this is a very rare incidence of violence in a tourist area in Mexico, They take their tourism much more serious there than here in Thailand. In Mexico if a bartender etc. even gets in an argument with a tourist he/she will be gone the next day. Ive seen it happen. I like Thailand better for other reasons but violence and crime in tourist areas is much worse here.