Non O retirement renewal

I currently hold a non immi O one year extension of stay based on retirement/marriage that expires in Feb. I won't be here to take advantage of the extra three months at the end of it so will need to renew before I leave. Will immigration renew it in Thailand without leaving the country or do I need to leave and get another non immi O and come back in? I'll be going to the Jomtien immigration office, if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance for any intelligent answers. I did a search for this but couldn't find anything on it. 

You would not get any extra 90 days if you have an extension of stay issued by immigration. You would apply for another extension during the last 30 days of your extension.

If you had a multiple entry non-o visa issued by an embassy or consulate you would have to leave every 90 days to get a new entry.

14 minutes ago, ross163103 said:

Thanks for the info ubonjoe; can I apply after one year but before the 90 day extension? I know most people would use the whole 15 months allowed but I'm not going to be in Thailand when the extension runs out so I want to do it after one year.

There is no 90 day extension. 

What exactly do you have now a visa from an embassy or consulate or a extension of stay your applied for at immigration?

2 hours ago, ross163103 said:

An extension of stay issued at immigration.

Are you calling your 90 day reports you do an extension? The are not extensions. They have nothing to do with when you have to apply for your extension.

You can apply for your one year extension up to 30 day before your extension ends.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Are you calling your 90 day reports you do an extension? The are not extensions. They have nothing to do with when you have to apply for your extension.

You can apply for your one year extension up to 30 day before your extension ends.

Thanks for your time on this thread ubonjoe, and sorry for the confusion. I don't do any 90 day reporting since I work time on/off and don't stay in the country long enough to have to do this. 30 days before, got it.

• Like 1