Extension Of Stay - Legality Of Requiring Additional Certificates For Marriage?

I have just been informed today that when I apply for my extension to stay based on marriage later this month that the Immigration at Chiang Mai require some sort of "Flowery Bordered" certificate issued by the local Amphur as proof of marriage - In fact the translation to English was "Family Document" whatever that rubbish is!

I have been married for more than 17 years, legally, by a Thai Government Office - The Royal Thai Consulate General that issued me with two certificates all red stamped and legitimate. (see attached files - personal info blanked out)

The Immigration have accepted these certificates for the past 13 Years as valid documents, they actually do not even want a copy of the A4 document, they only accept the "Long" version.

Are they seriously able to deny my extension application based on the lack of some flower emblazened crap from the Amphur?

Seriously, I am getting so fed up of this rubbish and never ending paperwork crap that I might even be willing to take this issue to a Thai court, just for satisfaction against these pathetic little STALINS!

Anyone else had to put up with this rubbish? Take a look at the documents - THEY ARE LEGALLY BINDING! CIVIL AND COMMERCIAL CODE, SECTION 1457!

Surely they have no right to reject these, they are above the jurisdiction of immigration, they are Thai LAW!

(And Yes, I read enough Thai to know some of the documents are arse about face!)

BLURRED Marriage Cert A4 P.jpg

BLURRED Marriage Cert Long Doc Side 1.jpg

Edited by Generalchaos
Didn't realise I had been married so long, 17 years not 15
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Have you registered your foreign marriage an an Amphoe yet? immigration will want a Kor Ror 22 marriage registry that is issued when you do it.

Never registered at any Amphur, never been asked to. It is not a FOREIGN MARRIAGE, it is a THAI marriage carried out by the Royal Thai Consulate. It has been good enough for immigration for 13 years! Look at the documents, they are THAI.

Joe, that is exactly the point I am making, the Amphur crap relates to people married in a non Thai environment, i.e. churches abroad etc. But this is a LEGAL THAI document.

Quote "Section 1457. Marriage under this Code shall be effected only on registration being submitted." - It has been submitted and it has been registered. i.e. the Certificate of Registration Of Marriage.

Personally, I think that immigration could be legally challenged on this one, on two fronts -

1: Are they now trying to say I am not Legally Married?

2: Why did they issue me 13 years of extensions based on marriage?

It is the sheer frustration generated by these Stalinist pen pushers, it drives me mad!

Year after year they want a bit more blood, they want to grind you down.

When I first came here they were just changing the law from 250K to 400K for marriage, then they changed the law to require a joint account with your wife, then they changed the law that the wife no longer had to sign over any land to someone else if she married a Non Thai, then they changed the rules about the bank accounts, they no longer wanted a joint account only in my name, then they wanted the money seasoned for a few moths, then they wanted photos of the frigging house, then it was photos of the house number, then it was the 90 day report (previously never did one for 4 years and it bothered them diddly shit) now it is the TM30, and now the marriage certificate, and now again it is the stupid bloody photos, they used to accept one photo of me and my wife (some were even taken outside Airport Immigration Office - when I forgot or they introduced a new law).

They were quite happy with a copy of one photo of me the wife and son outside the house.

Now they are asking for 4 bloody photos, which I supplied, (Showing me and my family standing outside the house) This now apparently isn't good enough, they want 8 photos of us posing around the frigging house, along with shots of the house and now the bloody surrounding land!!!

<deleted>, when is enough enough?

The <deleted> won't accept a map of our home from Google - they want you to draw it, and then they say it is not good enough and need landmarks!!

What do they want a <deleted> Cartographer?

These people are insane and drunk on power, they need to be removed and replaced by HUMANS!

Edited by Generalchaos

I can see where it was issued and by whom.

Immigration  may consider it a marriage done outside the country and want it to be registered at an Amphoe to get a Kor Ror 22.

They want the Kor Ror 22 to confirm you are still married. I have to get a updated Kor Ror 2 (married at Amphoe) marriage registry every year for my extensions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

Just get the flowery thingy from the amphur. I got that flowery thingy btw when I legally married at the amphur.

He cannot get that since he is already married.

Just register the marriage and get a Kor Ror 22 is all that is needs to be done

This is my point - I DON'T WANT TO GO TO THE AMPHUR - Neither does my wife, nor do we want their flowery shit, we have been married legally for years, why the should we have to go down there every year to satisfy these cretins?

Later they will step it up and you will have to bring witnesses, then you will have to bring the Poo Yai Bahn, then the Kamnan, later Pryuth!

Either do what they want or move.

Sent from my ROBBY using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

1 minute ago, Generalchaos said:

This is my point - I DON'T WANT TO GO TO THE AMPHUR - Neither does my wife, nor do we want their flowery shit, we have been married legally for years, why the <deleted> should we have to go down there every year to satisfy these cretins?

Later they will step it up and you will have to bring witnesses, then you will have to bring the Poo Yai Bahn, then the Kamnan, later <deleted> Pryuth!

get an extension based on retirement then, see easy 

• Like 1

I would think that a 15min visit to the Amphur would be considerably less stressful than challenging Immi Dept in the Thai judicial system ?

And anyway ... your current extension will probably expire long long before you get anywhere near a Court date. What will you do then ?

I sympathise with you venting your frustrations here, but this is their system. 

Wow in the time it has taken the op to get his rants out he could have gone to his local amphur and got it sorted. Take a chill pill you will end up having a heart attack. Take a deep breath and just do as they ask you or if you don't want to do that try getting a non o based on marriage at Savanakhet see if they will accept your marriage cert you published.

2 hours ago, steve187 said:

but my question is how do they know you are still married, the fresh kor ror 22 proves this.

i can not fathom why you are having problems at immigration, your a nice friendly man,

I had my wife ask about this at the local Amphor while there getting the Yellow Book and Pink ID, the officer (and my wife agreed) at the Amphor wouldn't make a new "fresh" copy, they said if we were to divorce we would have to hand the original printed Kor Ror 22 back (forced to relinquish it), thus there wouldn't be one. So I am headed in to do my extension with the one dated early in 2016, which was when my wife had it made.

• Like 1