Do I need to do a 90 day report?

If I was forced to take a 60 day extension 4 days before my 90 day Non-immigrant "O" marriage visa ends, because they need more paperwork for my yearly extension, do I need to do a 90 day report?

I had everything thing in order, then after they placed a stamp in my passport, they voided it, saying I needed to get my original us marriage certificate notarized by my us embassy, then go to MFA and get them to stamp it, even though we have a valid Kor Ror 22.....Oh and that will be 1900 baht for the 60 extra days sir......grrrrr... Supposedly, the original Amphoe should have made us get that before issuing us the KorRor 22......Now it's my headache to deal with, and spend more days running around....My anger is boiling over with these Nazi storm troopers. 

Why can't these idiots make a checklist with all the required paperwork, and any needed stamps or notarization?!?!?! They gave us a check list, which had no mention of these requirements....Maybe they just like watching people jump thru hoops, and pay for the pleasure of doing so.....Most incompetent set of morons I have ever seen....It's ridiculous!!!

Edited by ocddave

So you are saying you did not have certify your marriage certificate and have a translation of it and your marriage certificate to register your marriage at a Amphoe. That is strange.

No need to do a 90 day report the 60 day extension will be equal to a report since it is your first one. You should need to do one until 90 days from the date you apply for the one year extension.

Since you have a Kor Ror 22 I think most people would assume you did the certification already.

My wife did this at her small hometown Amphor, and gave them whatever they asked for at the time, which was a notarized original copy of the US marriage certificate from my hometown, the town clerk in the US embossed the marriage certificate with her notarized stamp. Then my wife had to have it translated, and had the translation stamped by the MFA, that got her what she needed (Kor Ror 22). So basically they want my home town clerk notarization, now they want a US Embassy notarization, then an MFA notarized sticker too.....how many F'ing notarization does one document need and from how many different entities?!??! Next thing you know they'll be asking me to have Buddha notarize that the MFA notarization is legit, its just ridiculous!!!

I can't see why they can't articulate a list with the correct requirements for everything you need to hand them before you show up, they did give us a list on our first visit when they turned us away, where this wasn't listed. Not to mention the list was way more than the list you gave me a few months back, so lets just say they are getting worse. I believe there were 4 different affidavits (3 for me - 1 for my wife), and another one for the witness (along with their ID and House Book). Also needed my daughters birth certificate (and house book entry), even though I was just using the marriage part to extend. They originally played games with our TM30 and TM28 (never sending receipts back, and requiring documents which they ignored when we sent them in), but the first visit their had my wife go off on them (with registered mail as her evidence), so the IO filled in a receipt and stapled it in the back of my passport , rather than fight with my visibly pissed off wife (good - that was done). Then came the laundry list for what they wanted for todays visit, which conveniently doesn't state anything about Notarization or MFA stamps. Like I said they even stamped in the extension with 30 days approval today, then voided after they checked the marriage certificate. Then came the, we can extend you for another 60 days, and that will be 1900 baht. So basically by the time I am done with the US Embassy, MFA, and another visit to the Immigration office, it will have cost my very busy wife 3 days off from her work (waiting on incompetent and slow Thai government employees - may I add the US Embassy will only take about 30 minutes), two taxis rides (as the US Embassy and MFA are impossible to park at), and about 9000 baht extra.

Now I am wondering that if they have given me a 60 day extension, and for whatever reason the next trip in for extension for the 1 year fails (who knows with these idiots), will I be out of extensions to stay longer if something needs fixing?! Its like they enjoy watching you squirm as they run you thru their torture system, and make you pay extra fees/fines/etc just to make them feel relevant. What exactly is all this doing to stop the bad guys? As if any of them would ever even step foot in there, or fill out a single piece of paper they are requesting.

11 hours ago, ocddave said:

My wife did this at her small hometown Amphor, and gave them whatever they asked for at the time, which was a notarized original copy of the US marriage certificate from my hometown, the town clerk in the US embossed the marriage certificate with her notarized stamp. Then my wife had to have it translated, and had the translation stamped by the MFA, that got her what she needed (Kor Ror 22).

I assume you don't have a copy of those.

At the end of the 60 extension if you have not been able get the one year extension you would have to leave the country to get a new non-o visa. Only one 60 day entry is allowed per entry.

29 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume you don't have a copy of those.

At the end of the 60 extension if you have not been able get the one year extension you would have to leave the country to get a new non-o visa. Only one 60 day entry is allowed per entry.

We gave them a copy of both, but they want my us marriage certificate notarized again by the US embassy, then the MFA. And that would figure on the 60 day issue, as you can tell, I'm not exactly impressed with the competency of Thai immigration so far.

• Like 1

Did you get the old irritable grumpy lady who doesn't speak a word of English? She questioned our Thai marriage certificate and wanted it notarized. Her supervisor approved it as I had the original to show.

Ok, now I am lost, the US Embassy doesn't certify or notarize Marriage Certificates?!?!?  --->   https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/notaries-public/authentication-vital-records/ so my trip to the US embassy tomorrow is probably a waste. But it made no sense from the beginning, because the marriage certificate is already notarized by my US hometown town clerks office. So what the heck do I do now?! What is it they want, do they even know what they want?!?! I have a few embossed stamped notarized copies of my original marriage certificate (just to avoid these issues), and for some reason it was acceptable for every agency so far, including the Thai Embassy in Washington DC, but not some little rouge outpost immigration office in Nonthaburi...this is NUTS!!! There was a legal translation made from English to Thai, and that document (Thai translation) was certified by the MFA. So I have a valid visa, a yellow book, a thai pink ID card, a Kor Ror 22,  a wife who has legally changed her last name to mine, and a newborn daughter, and all this is going to be held up by these storm troopers?!?!?!? I can feel my anger boiling over at this point....WTH is it with these guys?!?! WTH is it they want??!!

7 hours ago, ocddave said:

Ok, now I am lost, the US Embassy doesn't certify or notarize Marriage Certificates?!?!?  --->   https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/notaries-public/authentication-vital-records/ so my trip to the US embassy tomorrow is probably a waste.

You will do an affidavit as a self certification to verify it is true and correct. Immigration will normally accept that instead of a embassy certification.

Your immigration office is just being difficult for some unknown reason. If you have a Kor Ror 22 most immigration offices just want to see the original of your marriage certificate and copies of it attached to the application.

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will do an affidavit as a self certification to verify it is true and correct. Immigration will normally accept that instead of a embassy certification.

Your immigration office is just being difficult for some unknown reason. If you have a Kor Ror 22 most immigration offices just want to see the original of your marriage certificate and copies of it attached to the application.

Well I went to the US Embassy today and did the affidavit which stated as follows, hopefully it is enough, then we went to the MFA, and they should send us the sticker/stamped version within a few days. I'll then give that a try, hopefully they don't persist on the original Marriage Certificate certification. You aren't allowed to even mention the Marriage Certificate or attach it, as that might be construed as certifying one, and they (US Embassy) don't do that, just details that you swear to.

3. The purpose of my affidavit is to Affirm that:

"I MR. JOHN DOE married MISS JANE DOE at the address

of 1 MAIN STREET in the town of WHEREVER_TOWN in the state of WHATEVER_STATE(USA)

on the date of 20JANUAURY 2017, the ceremony of marriage was carried out by the

Justice of the Peace and acting Town Clerk JOHN SMITH."

The only other route is time consuming and difficult from here, I would have to get someone in the US to send my hometown notarized Marriage Certificate to the US Department of State - Authentication Office, have them certify the document, then when they send it back to whoever I have doing this, that person would then have to send the document to the Thai Embassy in Washington DC and have them legalize/certify the US Department of States certification. Then when all thats done and returned, I can have whoever does this for me, send everything to me here in Thailand.....that sounds like a whole lot of fun....Grrr. Then who knows what they will want next, probably another "certification" by the MFA.