One dead many injured as school tour bus overturns in Surat

webfact

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So many lives affected, needlessly. This country suffers in so many ways from immature "man-child" mentality.

Replace all drivers with females. Guaranteed, the accident rate will plummet.

Forbid men from driving passenger transportation vehicles - if a child is naughty you take away his toys, so this way you empower women, improve road safety and send a message to the pathetic males of Thailand - GROW UP.

As usual, all the Thai Bashing critics out in force. Do you know how the accident happened ?  Was the bus forced off the road by another vehicle ? No one has a clue from reading the news accounts posted in this thread. Let me amend that - most posting have no clue ... Until the accident investigation is concluded, maybe express sorrow for the lady killed, and those injured, and spare us from your usual vitriol.

Just another accident that could have been avoided, with enough intelligence and proper driving schools. Never learn, stay same! That´s why it´s a shirt made here that says "Same Same, but different"
Number 2 in the world regarding the death toll per 100 000 of the population. Ops!, but we are doing all we can to fix this. Easy solution! Take away the driver license for all, and make them take proper tests and theory knowledge before giving it back. Have to learn somehow, doesn´t we?

1 hour ago, Cranky said:

And so the carnage continues.  Investigation totally unnecessary, simply place cards in a hat with:

Driver fell asleep stoned or drunk. 100 points

Driver fell asleep.  80 points

Blown tyre 60 points

Blown driver 50 points

Dodgy bus/minivan  25 points

Blame someone else as driver had cash 10 points

Genuine accident 0 points.  Implausible.

BIB can take turns investigating, most points at the end of the week gets to keep the fines for the week.

Banana republic.  Like the guy with axe though, trying to get the driver ?

You forgot Brakes Failed.

7 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Just another accident that could have been avoided, with enough intelligence and proper driving schools. Never learn, stay same! That´s why it´s a shirt made here that says "Same Same, but different"
Number 2 in the world regarding the death toll per 100 000 of the population. Ops!, but we are doing all we can to fix this. Easy solution! Take away the driver license for all, and make them take proper tests and theory knowledge before giving it back. Have to learn somehow, doesn´t we?

You cannot teach a Thai anything as they will never admit to doing anything wrong. Hence 'brake failure' when the real reason is 'I was going too fast to stop because I don't know anything about braking distances'. And so on. And it will never change until that culture changes, and Thailand demands proper driving lessons (have to import the teachers though?). and experience driving in traffic before a meaningful exam, and police enforcement, and courtesy on the roads instead of Me First, and jailing for manslaughter those who kill others through their selfishness and carelessness, and confiscation of vehicles of anyone caught drunk driving, and and and and... None, none of which is going to happen in our lifetime. Because changing all that is hard, and Thailand doesn't do hard. It only does sanuk.

Just now, Bangkok Barry said:

You cannot teach a Thai anything as they will never admit to doing anything wrong. Hence 'brake failure' when the real reason is 'I was going too fast to stop because I don't know anything about braking distances'. And so on. And it will never change until that culture changes, and Thailand demands proper driving lessons (have to import the teachers though?). and experience driving in traffic before a meaningful exam, and police enforcement, and courtesy on the roads instead of Me First, and jailing for manslaughter those who kill others through their selfishness and carelessness, and confiscation of vehicles of anyone caught drunk driving, and and and and... None, none of which is going to happen in our lifetime. Because changing all that is hard, and Thailand doesn't do hard. It only does sanuk.

Ok! Just want to add sabay, sabay to that too. LOL

2 hours ago, sandrabbit said:

They need to adopt the yellow school bus system of the US with roadworthy vehicles and trained drivers.

They need to do something don't they! we can all see this, but they can't or don't want to?

Thailand is not a poor country anymore the "government" has billions of $ in the bank! yet they choose to not spend it on children's safety - disgusting! :sad:

RIP to Miss Sunisa Chaikit. Clunk click every trip seat belts on all the time in all road transport. And the expert highly qualified driver was unable to prevent his bus from flipping over, possibly needing a refresher course on driving in hazardous conditions snow and ice situations.

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

As usual, all the Thai Bashing critics out in force. Do you know how the accident happened ?  Was the bus forced off the road by another vehicle ? No one has a clue from reading the news accounts posted in this thread. Let me amend that - most posting have no clue ... Until the accident investigation is concluded, maybe express sorrow for the lady killed, and those injured, and spare us from your usual vitriol.

Thats right as this is such a  "rare" event  eh?

Most unfortunate.....

wait... wait... correction... very predicable, (but unfortunate)  my heart goes out to the injured and suffering

that said.... I think it's time TV mods / editors set up a stand alone forum for traffic absurdities, as any amount of condemnation of Thais road system amounts to squat, even though these same suggestions are repeated ad nauseam... which makes our thoughts and input both worthless, and derided by Thai apologists

I'm getting tired reading about these terrible road accidents happening once a week.  Including the prayer-weel like repetitive litanies of us Farangs. Nothing against the comments. Yes, me too I feel sorry for the victims (R.I.P.), the Thai drivers are idiots, nobody cares about the traffic rules, the reason for the accidents was a failure of the brakes, I encountered a similar situation, etc. Who cares ? We certainly do,  but we should slowly realize the Thai doesn't give a sh. ...what we are commenting here. This have been going on for years and years and nothing will ever change in Thailand. The only thing  we can do is praying never to get involved in such an accident. Thai style.

4 hours ago, sandrabbit said:

They need to adopt the yellow school bus system of the US with roadworthy vehicles and trained drivers.

Lol.... adopting any system would be a step forward.... provided they don't try and blend the old with the new. (Which undoubtedly they would)

6 hours ago, new2here said:

While it is largely a semantics play, I personally won't use the word accident, as that to me implies that is taken all reasonable preventative measures -- and despite that, the event still occurred.

At this point I don't know exactly why this event happened - so I must understand that it MAY have been an "accident".

However, if it turns out such that there were failures - failure to maintain equipment, failure to comply with driving law, etc.. THEN, I think the more accurate word would be "crash"

In the end, you get the same result - true.. but I think there really should be some better understanding and acknowledgement about what really is an accident and what is not.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I have been saying this for years , an accident is unavoidable , eg. a bird flies out of a tree into the car windscreen , a tree blows down as you are driving along etc. BUT there is a very good reason for this to happen , a fault lies with the driver or maintenance somewhere , but not an accident for certain.

Archived