Floods forgotten as frolicking tourists flock to Samui!

webfact

Floods forgotten as frolicking tourists flock to Samui!

2p.jpg

Picture: Thairath

KOH SAMUI: -- Following the bad weather and flooding in the south of Thailand the tourists are flooding back to the beaches of holiday paradise Koh Samui.

Thairath reported yesterday that it was a lovely sunny day on Chaweng beach and the golden sand was full of happy sunbathers soaking up the delightful rays.

Westerners and Chinese alike were frolicking gaily in the pristine blue waters as operators of all descriptions smiled gleefully at the joyous scene.

One of them was Monkey Bay restaurant manager Wichit Wangsiri who said that the tourists had been steadily arriving since early Wednesday morning following the rains that have affected business so badly in recent weeks.

"What a lovely day!" he beamed surveying the clear blue sky and his contented clientele.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-19

Adjectival and adverbial overdose:

flooding back

lovely sunny day

golden sand

happy sunbathers soaking up the delightful rays

frolicking gaily (???) in the pristine blue waters

smiled gleefully at the joyous scene

a lovely day!

clear blue sky and his contented clientele.

I would call this simple PROPAGANDA !

A "sunny day" looks very different and weather forcast predicts more rain.

Samui is as empty as I have not seen it in January for the last 10++ years !

Wishfull thinking is what this is supposed to be but it will not change the facts ... peak season is a disaster !

And it won't change for the rest of [at least] January - no matter what's written in newspapers.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Westerners and Chinese alike were frolicking gaily in the pristine blue waters as operators of all descriptions smiled gleefully at the joyous scene.

Right on cue TAT. The flood is over and the coffers are filling up again to overflowing. All is well within the tourist area again. Good old TAT better than the weather office. Frolicking yet. WOW long time since I frolicked. Can one frolick anywhere like a mattress? I could be mistaken then.  

What idiot wrote this. they are deluded. It was gray and rainy from late afternoon onwards. The hotels and restaurants are empty with rock bottom prices. the beaches are not pristine and beautiful. Chaweng is horribly polluted as previous articles prive and so are many others!! the sewage stench on the main dtreets is horrible as re the piles of garbage all over the place. iff people admitted the truth then something might get done about improving it all. and that is to say nothing about the noise pollution. Unbelievably loud motorbiles and sound trucks ruining the enjorment of paopem trying to have a relaxing and peaceful time. and certain very well known bars that make so much noise that people cannot sleep in their hotels until after 2am in the morning

TELL IT AS IT IS!!

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Samui does not have pristine blue waters at this time of the year but the stupid tourists do not know any better and swim in it.

2 hours ago, chawengnoy said:

What idiot wrote this. they are deluded. It was gray and rainy from late afternoon onwards. The hotels and restaurants are empty with rock bottom prices. the beaches are not pristine and beautiful. Chaweng is horribly polluted as previous articles prive and so are many others!! the sewage stench on the main dtreets is horrible as re the piles of garbage all over the place. iff people admitted the truth then something might get done about improving it all. and that is to say nothing about the noise pollution. Unbelievably loud motorbiles and sound trucks ruining the enjorment of paopem trying to have a relaxing and peaceful time. and certain very well known bars that make so much noise that people cannot sleep in their hotels until after 2am in the morning

TELL IT AS IT IS!!

Depends where you ares... it's been quite nice where I am... I won't mention where though! :emot-kiss:

And all the locals are smiling the same as they always do....

And to think the tourist all of a sudden appeared out of the blue... over night because the sun came out....  :crazy:

If you are in a noisy area why not move to a quieter one? Lots around...:coffee1:

1 hour ago, samuijimmy said:

Depends where you ares... it's been quite nice where I am... I won't mention where though! :emot-kiss:

And all the locals are smiling the same as they always do....

And to think the tourist all of a sudden appeared out of the blue... over night because the sun came out....  :crazy:

If you are in a noisy area why not move to a quieter one? Lots around...:coffee1:

Apparently so according to some  other posters on this thread, as quiet as the grave, I think the expression goes

There is nothing like putting your foot in it

16 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

So they are flooding and flocking to samui ??

I must live in a totally different island then !! :sick:

Quite!  Why don't they just stop giving out this misinformation and actually try and do somethings positive to lure tourists back here?  People aren't blind, they can clearly see the numbers are way down on past years yet this bullshit is still getting printed.  So frustrating for everyone involved in tourism and hospitality.

59 minutes ago, carmine said:

Quite!  Why don't they just stop giving out this misinformation and actually try and do somethings positive to lure tourists back here?  People aren't blind, they can clearly see the numbers are way down on past years yet this bullshit is still getting printed.  So frustrating for everyone involved in tourism and hospitality.

I think that it depends on which area of tourism you are involved (or maybe location).

All of the villas that I manage are busy and I am still having the usual peak season problems with car and bike rental. ie none available.

22 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I think that it depends on which area of tourism you are involved (or maybe location).

All of the villas that I manage are busy and I am still having the usual peak season problems with car and bike rental. ie none available.

Problem solved.  Pop down to Bophut, theres loads of cars and bikes for rent.  Especially bikes.  I am currently looking at around thirty bikes, split between three rental companies all awaiting a happy, frolicking tourist!!  

I suppose it just depends what area you are located in.

• 3 weeks later...

On Sunday I was surprised to see a convoy of 10 safari trucks turning into the Elephants/waterfall near the court. 7 were full to the gunwhales, 2 were 'normal' full and 1 at the back was half empty. None had any idiots on the roof & although I only saw them for a few seconds the driving for once did not give cause for concern.

The passengers were a mixed bag with around half being SE Asian. 130+ passengers all enjoying themselves; My point being that the island remains pretty busy even if it appears quiet.

Archived