SWEDEN CRUMBLING: Demands for military intervention as thugs turn Malmo into 'no-go zone'

webfact

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/19/2017 at 0:43 PM, teatree said:

Sad to see a wonderful country such as Sweden committing suicide.

They are not alone though are they? UK, Germany, France, and many more are seemingly are all hell bent on self-destruct, and no government has the balls or guts, to stop this (islamic)scourge sweeping through the EU, and lesser extent USA!

Merkel has a lot to answer for! God help us.

3 hours ago, Tawan Dok Krating Daeng said:

This topic is not about you. Superciliousness only works when one actually is superior.

Acceding to the demands of a person who is a member of a political party that has been described as Nazi-like as being the Will of the People has been demonstrated historically as a poor choice.

I have found Simple1 to be extremely cogent, perceptive and knowledgeable on the issue of immigration. I and many other TVF members appreciate his contributions.

Your allusion to yourself as Road Runner is entirely misplaced.

Who rattled your cage?

i frankly don't care what your heavily biased views are in much the same way as you care for my views so let us try to demonstrate some civility and not try to be supercilious or arrogant 

bored bored bored 

17 minutes ago, 14Stevie said:

Show us how Muslims aren't responsible for the unacceptable actions they have - and continue to do - carry out and everything else that the posters you so eloquently oppose have themselves stated are not true.

Muslims are not this unified body you want them to be. You want a target and that 'muslim' word is so neat. Gives you friends before you start because you cannot do this alone. Hate is a group thing. 

Where did you learn  to do this?

A far right, nationalist, anti immigration politician talking about the appalling rise in violent street crime in Malmo and he makes no mention of Muslim immigrants?

Perhaps it's because the problem is not caused just by, or even mainly by, Muslim immigrants?

Yes, some of it, according to Malmo police, is caused by Muslim immigrants, but most is due to organised criminals.

Even Terrorismwatch admit that; their report details just one incident where the criminals were Muslim immigrants.

9 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

A far right, nationalist, anti immigration politician talking about the appalling rise in violent street crime in Malmo and he makes no mention of Muslim immigrants?

Perhaps it's because the problem is not caused just by, or even mainly by, Muslim immigrants?

Yes, some of it, according to Malmo police, is caused by Muslim immigrants, but most is due to organised criminals.

Even Terrorismwatch admit that; their report details just one incident where the criminals were Muslim immigrants.

Is there a correlation between "violent street crime" (or "organised criminals") and the Muslim immigrant population in Malmo?

On 1/19/2017 at 11:32 AM, smedly said:

send a letter to Tusk and Merkel as they are the ones in charge of your country 

Dead right. I had an email from a Swedish friend yesterday, he said it's like a war zone at times. If it was happening in Merkel, Tusk, Tajani (replaced Schulz) or Junker's back yard they would soon stop this madness.

6 minutes ago, Tawan Dok Krating Daeng said:

Just because you are too scared to go somewhere does not make it a no-go area.

The manufactured concept of these non existent no-go areas is merely a device to promote negative views about muslim immigrants. Your attestation is pure bigotry and completely bogus.

There are actually certain areas in European cities that are dangerous if you don't  comply with what is perceived to be Islamic "modesty." It is not bogus. The dangers are quite real. I'd like you to tell us who it was that "manufactured" this concept. Honestly, if someone were too frightened to go to a particular area, it might be because they were astute enough to know that the area had an especially bad reputation. You're entitled to your opinion, but if you want to go jogging through Harlem at midnight, be my guest.

9 minutes ago, Vegetablebottom said:

There are actually certain areas in European cities that are dangerous if you don't  comply with what is perceived to be Islamic "modesty." It is not bogus. The dangers are quite real. I'd like you to tell us who it was that "manufactured" this concept. Honestly, if someone were too frightened to go to a particular area, it might be because they were astute enough to know that the area had an especially bad reputation. You're entitled to your opinion, but if you want to go jogging through Harlem at midnight, be my guest.

Why would I know the specifics of the origins of the no-go myth? There is no special skill required in using google. But since you asked, apparently the first usage in the UK of the no-go started with comments from an Anglican Bishop Michael Nazir-Ali.

"Nazir-Ali argued that the rise of Islamic extremism both alienated young Muslims from the rest of Britain and created physically separate “no-go” areas where adherence to the ideology of radical Islam “become a mark of acceptability.”...

Gordon Brown, Britain's prime minister at the time, challenged those comments.

The former prime minister added that he wanted those who live in multi-faith communities to come together in dialogue rather than remain isolated from each other"

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/muslim-no-go-zone-myth-origin

The spread of this myth to America is detailed in the following article:

How The ‘No-Go Zones’ Myth Traveled From The Anti-Muslim Fringe To The Mouths Of GOP Politicians

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/how-the-no-go-zones-myth-traveled-from-the-anti-muslim-fringe-to-the-mouths-of-gop-politicians/

I agree that there are places in all large urban areas that are dangerous to go unprepared. This is, however, nothing to do with the muslim 'no-go' area that was manufactured to promote anti-muslim bias.

My understanding that Harlem is now mostly gentrified but it was certainly a dangerous place to visit in the 70's and 80's as attested by Roger Moore's first Bond appearance in Live and Let Die.

11 hours ago, optad said:

Muslims are not this unified body you want them to be. You want a target and that 'muslim' word is so neat. Gives you friends before you start because you cannot do this alone. Hate is a group thing. 

Where did you learn  to do this?

To know what I want is to know the operation of my mind. You cannot - and never will - know this so please stop making bland statements with no substance.

What I want is for Sweden - and every other country - to be free from the threat of radical extremists. My views on where the current threat comes from is apparent and based on fact.

No more empty soundbites or arrogant assumptions on what people think please - deal in facts

Just now, 14Stevie said:

To know what I want is to know the operation of my mind. You cannot - and never will - know this so please stop making bland statements with no substance.

What I want is for Sweden - and every other country - to be free from the threat of radical extremists. My views on where the current threat comes from is apparent and based on fact.

No more empty soundbites or arrogant assumptions on what people think please - deal in facts

6 hours ago, Scott said:

40 posts removed.   Stay on topic or face a suspension. 

Just go away. You are a serial pest with zero to add in in fair context. 

Any dialogue with you gets blown into crazy extrapolation. We did this last night. Not doing it again. Scott was right. 

You get my opinion above and this. I detest xenophobics without solutions . Go away. 

2 minutes ago, optad said:

Just go away. You are a serial pest with zero to add in in fair context. 

Any dialogue with you gets blown into crazy extrapolation. We did this last night. Not doing it again. Scott was right. 

You get my opinion above and this. I detest xenophobics without solutions . Go away. 

Yes Scott was right - stay on topic.

You clearly have not with another personal attack on someone who dares oppose your own extremist views.

If my wanting Sweden - and other countries - to be free from the threat of radical extremists is in your oh so esteemed opinion zero to add in fair context then that's it - anyone who dares oppose you had better watch out or you'll run to the mods crying fowl again.

Don't worry your pretty self - I'm pleased to be gone from someone as narrow minded and arrogant as you.

Toodlepip!! 

Finally warning:

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.  You will not block contact with moderators or administrators. Doing so will result in suspension.

On 1/19/2017 at 0:05 AM, alocacoc said:

What happen to the proud Vikings?

The Vikings  went to pasture  after 1100. That's almost 1000 years ago.Vikingar culture was based upon ruthless predation. They were after all scavengers and raiders. It was not a culture based upon scientifc thought or  intellectual prusits. To survive they evolved beyond this.

On 1/19/2017 at 0:14 AM, uptheos said:

Sweden has been sliding back to the 7th century for a while now. It's little surprise that this once peaceful and beautiful country is continuing on its slide. It is OFFICIALLY the rape capital of the world (guess why?) and soon it will be the garbage dump of the world due to the progressives that get what they want for fear of retribution.

7th Century was the start of the Viking period. Chap above you says the Viking types disappeared. Sweden wasn't really a peaceful country. They were violent and given to some brutal wars.Didn't you read beowulf in school? The Geatish clan wars were intense.The Kings of the past centuries were forever  killing each other off and  undertaking mass slaughters. One of the more notable clashes was when Christian of Bavaria got rid of  eric of Pmerania and took over as King of Norway, Sweden and Denmark.   (BTW, ever notice that the Germans always seem to pop up when it comes to these violent spats?)

On 1/19/2017 at 0:43 AM, teatree said:

Sad to see a wonderful country such as Sweden committing suicide.

The seeds of their moral rot were sown in WWII when Sweden  actively laundered Nazi money and Sweden provided the iron ore upon which the nazi war machine was built. It's railway transported  German troops and it profited mightily from its ball bearing sales. (And no doubt  all sorts of justification will be offered to explain away this behaviour. Meanwhile the Danish maintained their integrity and even the Dutch who  had more of a reason to collaborate did their best to stay good.)

Sweden is receiving its just reward for its hypocritical holier than thou policies. Over the years,  Sweden has been quick to condemn other countries for alleged moral failings;  Oh how I remember when the Swedes were lecturing Australia and Canada over the treatment of indigeneous people. The US was lectured over the the treatment of its blacks during the same period Swedish businesses grew rich off apartheid era South Africa transactions. And then there were the dealings with brutal dictators in Africa, the providing refuge to war criminals and offering  a safe haven for money laundering. Know what? Sweden really didn't change. All that has happened is that the violence perpatrated on others for the past century has come home.

Old biblical  teaching: As yee sow, so shall yee reap.  Rings true here.

On 1/19/2017 at 0:14 PM, uptheos said:

Sweden has been sliding back to the 7th century for a while now. It's little surprise that this once peaceful and beautiful country is continuing on its slide. It is OFFICIALLY the rape capital of the world (guess why?) and soon it will be the garbage dump of the world due to the progressives that get what they want for fear of retribution.

No, you wondered why Sweden's rape statistics are so high and then jumped to the conclusion that it must be to do with Muslim immigration, when what you should have done was to have a little read about it and you would have learned that Sweden changed the way that the stats are recorded leading to a sudden spike in numbers.  Before, and like in most countries, if someone was repeatedly raped by the same person they were recorded as one rape, but now each rape is counted individually, making it appear as if Sweden has the highest number of rapes per capita in the world.

Stats can be like that, it depends on how they are recorded, as is further evidenced by the UN stats on kidnap showing Canada as having 24 times as many kidnaps per 100,000 people as Columbia, but as Canada has not had a sudden influx of Muslims you don't read an hysterical headline in the tabloids linking Muslims to kidnap.

"the opposition politician blasted Malmo has lost enough of its citizens to shootouts, grenade attacks and murders."

Which is none, right?  There was one person shot in the leg, which turned out to be a revenge shooting following a previous shooting, a grenade went off in an apartment and did not injure anyone and no one has been murdered, just some cars set on fire and there was someone stabbed in a park, but they did not die either.

So who are these mysterious "lost" citizens. 

The local police have expressed that they are appalled by foreign press linking these incidents to terrorism and speaking of increases as according to them there is no link at all, having all been committed by Swedish born residents, and the numbers being all well within their normal statistics.

18 hours ago, Yahooka said:

Do you not think it a little peculiar that all the "before mass immigration" videos are shot so long before the immigration?  Yup, that's right, no videos of Hells Angels and Bandios chopping each other up, no Bredang Warrior robberies, no Brodraskapet ruling the prisons, just this bizarre collection of school parades from the 60's, is that really the best they can come up with to make Sweden look normal before immigration?  They've made it look like they were part of the Soviet Union!

I grew up in Sweden and I've been to these so called 'no-go zones'. We used to call them ghettos. But they are not ghettos in any sense of the word. We only called them that because in Sweden we don't have the same problems as in other countries, as for example in the U.S. 

Sure critizice immigration all you want. But making statements as that there are 'no-go zones' in Sweden is ridiculous.

21 hours ago, Morch said:
21 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Is there a correlation between "violent street crime" (or "organised criminals") and the Muslim immigrant population in Malmo?

If there were, I would expect someone like Magnus Olsson to have at least mentioned it in his interview; yet he doesn't.

'You get street smart when you live in Malmö'

“We can tell that we have had successes. But our dilemma is that we can never guarantee anything for sure. Evidently there are individuals who have hand grenades and they often resort to violence over things that may seem very banal to you or I – a conflict over an ex-girlfriend or a little brother wanting to outperform his big brother,” says Karlsson.

The typical Malmö gang, according to Karlsson, is not really a gang at all. He says there are fluid constellations of young men, aged 20-25 or younger, of various ethnicities – Swedish and non-Swedish – with ever-changing loyalties. Most of them are known to the police. Although there has been a spike in gang-related violence this summer, it is not a new phenomenon, neither to locals nor to officers.

50 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

If there were, I would expect someone like Magnus Olsson to have at least mentioned it in his interview; yet he doesn't.

Why would you expect that? The whole peace reads like a PR attempt, and indeed - there are several references to efforts at presenting the city other than it is perceived. Rather, I would expect the good officer to comply with the spirit of PC and not directly address such issues. There are a few references which do hint at this connection though - (neighborhoods, ethnic food and integration, to name some).

So, other than a clumsy deflection by quoting an interview which doesn't directly relate to the question raised - nothing, eh? I'm quite ready to accept that there is no such connection, but it would take more than the shoddy "argument" presented.

2 minutes ago, Morch said:
1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

Why would you expect that? The whole peace reads like a PR attempt, and indeed - there are several references to efforts at presenting the city other than it is perceived. Rather, I would expect the good officer to comply with the spirit of PC and not directly address such issues. There are a few references which do hint at this connection though - (neighborhoods, ethnic food and integration, to name some).

So, other than a clumsy deflection by quoting an interview which doesn't directly relate to the question raised - nothing, eh? I'm quite ready to accept that there is no such connection, but it would take more than the shoddy "argument" presented.

The interview with Magnus Olsson to which I refer is the interview quoted in the OP; the interview which is the subject of this topic!!!!!!

Did you actually read the OP before posting? Seems unlikely since you don't know it is about remarks made by Magnus Olsson!

Magnus Olsson is a right wing, nationalist, anti immigration politician. Therefore my comment "If there were, I would expect someone like Magnus Olsson to have at least mentioned it in his interview; yet he doesn't." is valid.

He is neither mentioned nor quoted in the piece I then linked to.

46 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

The interview with Magnus Olsson to which I refer is the interview quoted in the OP; the interview which is the subject of this topic!!!!!!

Did you actually read the OP before posting? Seems unlikely since you don't know it is about remarks made by Magnus Olsson!

Magnus Olsson is a right wing, nationalist, anti immigration politician. Therefore my comment "If there were, I would expect someone like Magnus Olsson to have at least mentioned it in his interview; yet he doesn't." is valid.

He is neither mentioned nor quoted in the piece I then linked to.

You posted a link and a quote to another article, with the bit quoted being an interview with the deputy chief of police - I was responding to that. There was a bit relating to the OP, which got mangled while editing the post. Didn't feel it was important enough to re-write the post, as it still did not provide an answer to my query. Hope this would help untying your knickers.

Now that you've hopefully recovered your sense of proportion - could you possible relate to my original question, rather that deflect with your usual bluster and nonsense? If you have no idea, you can simply ignore it.

:coffee1:

9 minutes ago, Morch said:

You posted a link and a quote to another article, with the bit quoted being an interview with the deputy chief of police - I was responding to that. There was a bit relating to the OP, which got mangled while editing the post. Didn't feel it was important enough to re-write the post, as it still did not provide an answer to my query. Hope this would help untying your knickers.

Now that you've hopefully recovered your sense of proportion - could you possible relate to my original question, rather that deflect with your usual bluster and nonsense? If you have no idea, you can simply ignore it.

:coffee1:

Your original question was

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 1:28 PM, Morch said:

To which I responded

2 hours ago, 7by7 said:

You then asked

1 hour ago, Morch said:

Obviously I assumed you were asking about the person I referred to, Olsson. I said that I would expect him to say something, you asked why I would expect that.

If you were only  responding to the article I linked to and the quote from the chief of police, I have to wonder why your response to my saying "If there were, I would expect someone like Magnus Olsson to have at least mentioned it in his interview; yet he doesn't." was to ask "Why would you expect that?" Especially as Olsson is not even mentioned in the article I linked to!

The article I linked to does relate to the question you asked; "Is there a correlation between "violent street crime" (or "organised criminals") and the Muslim immigrant population in Malmo?" That you prefer to call it a "clumsy deflection" and a "shoddy argument"" is not unusual; you are, unfortunately, resorting to such statements more and more when presented with facts which you don't care for and arguments which you can't refute.

@7by7

So them knickers are still knotted. Oh well...

Stop deflecting, and I'll stop calling your deflections a deflection. Even drop the "clumsy" bit. Promise.

Where, in the article linked, is there a clear statement relating to a possible correlation such as mentioned in my original question?

And to be clear, by "clear" I do not mean an interpretation of half a sentence which could mean this or that.