Czech tourist sex-offender fined B1,000 in Phuket

webfact

1 hour ago, FitnessHealthTravel said:

The guy knowingly spreads HIV in several countries and we give him Baht 1,000 for overstay.  This is a joke right? If he had a small bag of Pot he'd be doing 2 years for sure, when will they get this right?

He had a large bag of something else, and guess what behind the facade he was really a caring sharing kind of chap

8 hours ago, GuestForLife said:

On PhuketNews extra yesterday they said that he's been extradited, I guess they were wrong about it.
1000 baht for almost a year and a half... how the math worked in this case... if one's a criminal  he'd pay less?? 

Maybe it was all he had to his name and they just want the piece of poo out of the country and not infecting half the IDC.

36 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

This was discussed at great length yesterday and it appeared that having sex with a person knowing that you are HIV/Aids Positive is not a crime here.So that rather deflates the hang em high brigade.

No, I really doesn't. (Deflate anything... and.... it should enrage!)

the guy is a scum bag... recklessly and intentionally spreading a disease that carries the death penalty, for any he infects

it may well be a borderline crime here, but that doesn't mean it should not be a widely critised and decried crime.... herein is a means of doing so, albeit limited

this guy's moral compass is clearly broken, and it, along with him, should be discarded as defective.

but... that's just the small matter of being a potential international serial killer.... why bother, when worse crimes are committed, like overstaying in the kingdom, which has a proscribed penalty of up to 20k baht.... and yet... he's let go on a thirty buck fine

the Thai system, (or those manipulating it) which is also part of the international system, should hang their heads in shame..... as witnessed by an ambulance driver being done for reckless driving, when being impeded by another road user, in trying to save a life.... 

Pathetic response by the government, and its authoritative bodies, charged with protecting the populace.... another failure.

9 hours ago, sebastion said:

What a deplorable excuse for a human being. Keeping him alive now is the injustice. Put him to death immediately and delete his existence entirely. Birth certificates and everything deleted from history.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

BIT OVER THE TOP ???????????

9 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Must be a typo or some other reason to expedite this, because even unintentional over-stayers that voluntarily go to immigration even after a week (or forgetting to report) would get more of a fine!!! 

If you pay at the airport then you will pay the 500B a day up to the 20K max. However if you go to IDC and wait to go to court then the court will determine the fee, which is typically much lower anywhere from 1000-3000B. 

10 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

1,000 baht ... only .... 2 years in the clink would have been more appropriate ... let the inmates have their fun with him.

Yep that will work well, especially as he is keen to share his HIV with everyone around him.  Spread the love indeed!

11 hours ago, Olik said:

Why not fine him for the damage caused? 

what damage? IN Thailand theres no mention of damage only visa violations. You cant make him pay for something he did in another country...Everyone that didnt pay a parking ticket else where is screwed then

2 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

I think they are waving that to get him out of the country fast doubt if he has the money anyways.

i think your right ....they want him out and interpol or czech police will probably take the bill on this one, considering theres a international warrant on his head

1000B for a year and a half!!

I got pinged at the airport in December last, 500B per day for 3 days overstay.

Gotta love the consistant approach!

Know what I'll do next time then. 1500B should give me 2 years or more . . .

5 hours ago, bheard said:

1000B for a year and a half!!

I got pinged at the airport in December last, 500B per day for 3 days overstay.

Gotta love the consistant approach!

Know what I'll do next time then. 1500B should give me 2 years or more . . .

Its all a matter of learning to get value for your money. 

23 hours ago, GuestForLife said:

JP Mestanza on Phuket news extra (video news) 

01:15 

The cop in the red looks like his audition for the next terminator role. We just need a few more kilo on the little fella. They can't catch a flu in a blizzard. Always need a tip off.

20 hours ago, kentrot said:

1000 BAHT ???? 

A couple years ago I inquired in JUNE about changing my work visa back to a retirement visa.

The large English guy in Thai Immigration uniform looked at my passport and said , "... Come back in October."  

I returned early September only to be told that my work visa had expired at the end of JULY

and I owed 500 baht per day X  34 Days = 17,000 Baht.

The English dude who had given me wrong information was not there that day but after much discussion I still had to pay 17,000 baht for 34 days.

How can this SEX OFFENDER get off with 1000 Baht after more than 365 days overstay ????

Justice ? Forget it !!!

Accused sex offender. No sentence given. As for your fines refuse and go to court 

On 1/19/2017 at 0:40 PM, sebastion said:

What a deplorable excuse for a human being. Keeping him alive now is the injustice. Put him to death immediately and delete his existence entirely. Birth certificates and everything deleted from history.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Let's sentence all the HIV positive Thai prostitute's to death as well. LOL

UPDATE

There is an article in the Bangkok Post this morning  (25 Jan 2017) that he Is being deported Back to his home country as he is wanted on a warrant there for assaulting a minor sexually.

he has been banned from returning to Thailand, but it does say if that ban is permanent or not.