All change in Surin as plans for Phuket Rajabhakti Park scrapped

webfact

All change in Surin as plans for Phuket Rajabhakti Park scrapped

Yutthawat Lekmak

1484824354_1-org.jpg

Plans for Phuket’s Rajabhakti Park at Surin Beach were presented to Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha on Sept 16. Image: Phuket Town & Country Planning Office

PHUKET: -- The Governor of Phuket has today (Jan 19) confirmed to The Phuket News that plans to build the B800 million Rajabhakti Park at Surin Beach have now been scrapped and that a lesser costing public park will now replace it.

Speaking to The Phuket News today, Gov Chockchai Dejamornthan, said, “We have now cancelled all plans to build the Rajabhakti Park at Surin Beach. We have now decided to build a park which will be named Surin Public Park.”

When asked why the plans to build the Rajabhakti Park had been cancelled, Gov Chockchai said, “We believe that it is not worth spending B800mn on this project. We can build a park for a lot less, and the money we save can be used for other projects.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/all-change-in-surin-as-plans-for-phuket-rajabhakti-park-scrapped-60686.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-01-20

1 hour ago, sebastion said:

I love those digital renderings of the projects.
Just wish they would add in the trash, beach dogs and food carts loitering on it.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

... or the crumbling concrete walls covered with black mold, and broken footpaths due to the inevitable lack of ongoing maintenance. 

What about let some areas only be left natural.......we had once a green spot in Phuket town where people could walk/ run /play in as natural settings as possible in the midst of a city. The last two years its been filled with trucks and excavators and when it eventually ends it will for sure not remind people about living on a once tropical island.

Chief of the Cherng Talay Tambon Administration Organisation (OrBorTor) MaAnn Samran added, “Surin Pubilc Park will be built using a budget of B12mn.

I can confirm that once complete no vendors will be allowed in the park. There will be no shops for people to buy anything,”

He forgot to add "However, the car park will continue to be fully occupied by hawkers as normal..."

They are still planning on having a nice park in which people can relax with their families, but the statues element has been discarded.

Thus, the most desirable element of the plan has been retained while the budget has been reduced dramatically which is a good move in view of the general state of the economy.  However, one consideration in the change of plan might have been the need to avoid any direct comparison with the cost of the statues and the overall cost of the Hua Hin project, which caused so much controversy, and which of course in the end was given a clean bill of health by those responsible for building it. 

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

Who cares, the plan is scrapped.

I care, and they still have the plan to build a park but it seems they have no idea what a park is.

There is not even a real tree in this "park"...no shade, no walking tracks....it's a bad joke to call this a park. And those swimmingpools will be for show only i guess. It seems the Thai have no idea what a real park is, they need to go abroad to see one.

7 minutes ago, fruitman said:

I care, and they still have the plan to build a park but it seems they have no idea what a park is.

There is not even a real tree in this "park"...no shade, no walking tracks....it's a bad joke to call this a park. And those swimmingpools will be for show only i guess. It seems the Thai have no idea what a real park is, they need to go abroad to see one.

I care as well about a park. But your reflections are based on a scrapped plan.

They should build a real nice park, with a foodcourt as well. And loads of usefull tree's which attract birds like the hornbill, it can have a kangaloo/rabbit section, ponds with fish, turtles, frogs, capibara's. An orchid/flower/fruit section, a waterfall....Places to take pictures and enjoy the sunset with seats..and so on....but a Thai can't design that i'm sure.

Something like the Gardens at the Bay in singapore.

What a joke, 800 million baht and all they can come up with is a cemetary 555555.

... or the crumbling concrete walls covered with black mold, and broken footpaths due to the inevitable lack of ongoing maintenance. 

Look at the prestine hillsides. Not one condo or villa but in reality its outnumbering the greenery.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk