Building permits

cooked

Ayear or so ago we were told that in the future building permits would have to be applied for (and paid for). I think there were some reports of people having to do this but in general things seemed to calm down.

visiting the local building supply place last week there were many people ordering stuff, prices were a little up and we were told that this was because these regulations were soon to be put into effect. We have also noticed an explosion locally (Buriram) in construction.

Does anyone have a link or details concerning these permits? We have been nonchalantly building and renovating for years now without bothering much,  and I am wondering what restrictions will be attached. I also wonder what rights I would have concerning neighbouring building projects.

We got a permit for new residential construction in rural Lamphun at the tesaban office. Actually it was completed by our general contractor. I was adamant about it just to have something to fall back on if any issues should arise, insurance, etc. I'm pretty sure it's law but couldn't quote you anything from that end of it. Sorry. 

I'd apply for permits for any additions also , just to be on the safe side of things. That's just me though.

I often wonder if they are worth the paper they are written on.

Mine cost 80bt last year (or was it less?)   80bt...for what???

and what was really grieving, I didnt finish within 12 months so had to go back again to get it restamped........another bloody 80bt!

5 hours ago, cooked said:

Thanks everyone. Nobody seems to have picked up on the fact that a new law has been passed and it is coming into force 1 January 2018.

Can you give us a precis of this new regulation?

Do you have a link? In Thai would be OK.

Archived