Video: Why dash cam evidence can help get to the truth

webfact

Video: Why dash cam evidence can help get to the truth

5p.jpg

Picture: Thairath

CHONBURI: -- A video doing the rounds of Thai social media shows an accident involving a BMW i8 that collides with a C-Class Mercedes Benz on a Chonburi Road on Tuesday.

The driver of the BMW had claimed that the Mercedes Benz driver had cut in front of him resulting in the collision.

That was before a video was produced as evidence.

Dash cam footage from a vehicle that was not involved seemed to indicate that the Mercedes Benz driver may have been innocent after all.

Thai Rath online invited its readers to give their opinion.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-20

"so I can't just drive through the car in front of me?"

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

notice as the car enters frame it is drifting slightly to the right, and then makes a unnecessary lane change to the left, then brakes with plenty on time to go back to the right lane which is wide open. 

Drunk, texting, getting a BJ?

21 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

notice as the car enters frame it is drifting slightly to the right, and then makes a unnecessary lane change to the left, then brakes with plenty on time to go back to the right lane which is wide open. 

All of the above.

1 hour ago, oldgent said:

no excuse for speeding but i feel the roads department is also to blaim

they put out a few bollards but dont put up a sign to warn the motorist

Come on, mate, Roads Dept??

100% the BMW driver's fault.  Daylight, motorway/divided highway, great visibility, dry as bone, Mercedes driving in a straight line at 108 kph in its own lane.  Conditions could hardly be more perfect.

And then having the audacity to claim that the Mercedes cut in front of him (BMW)! - was this blatant lie partly the Roads Dept's fault too?

Everyone should take personal responsibility.

How is it the fault of the Mercedes you can not control somm one that is behind you.  The police should see rear end damage and figured it out.

I'm sure the do you know who I am routine came out of the drivers mouth

Edited by USPatriot
Spell check changed words

49 minutes ago, tx22cb said:

100% the BMW driver's fault.  Daylight, motorway/divided highway, great visibility, dry as bone, Mercedes driving in a straight line at 108 kph in its own lane.  Conditions could hardly be more perfect.

And then having the audacity to claim that the Mercedes cut in front of him (BMW)! - was this blatant lie partly the Roads Dept's fault too?

49 minutes ago, tx22cb said:

agree the BMW was to blaim maniac... take a look at the video again no signs, i,ve seen this situation a few times

these road workers just put out a few bollards  and even at a reasonable speed with a car in front you are in a blind spot

you get what im saying

I'm just wondering whether the BMW may have been employing Adaptive Cruise Control, plus Lane Assist.

With feet off the pedals and hands off the steering wheel one can travel quite some distance on "Auto pilot" - until something goes wrong, of course (such as, Lane Assist gets confused).

Anyway, now that the BMW driver has been proven to be a lying B**tard, I hope they throw the book at him.

9 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

No just a typical Thai driver doing his best

3 hours ago, oldgent said:

agree the BMW was to blaim maniac... take a look at the video again no signs, i,ve seen this situation a few times

these road workers just put out a few bollards  and even at a reasonable speed with a car in front you are in a blind spot

you get what im saying

NO