rooster59

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Shawn0000 said:

Do what?  I guess you mean "are".  Perhaps you should check out the 1st Amendment before posting any else so clueless.

Ahhhh, I didn't know the protestors have the right to burn down cars, smash windows and so on. Ok, good to know.

4 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

Ahhhh, I didn't know the protestors have the right to burn down cars, smash windows and so on. Ok, good to know.

Sorry, the violent minority would be outside of the law, the majority protesting are behaving democratically, protesting democracy is not a fair description of any of them though, they are all protesting against Trump, democratically elected or not, we have the right to protest.  Now, those who fight against the protesters, such as those during the campaign who assaulted people protesting against Trump, they would be protesting against democracy.

22 hours ago, impulse said:

Or maybe desperate citizens who have watched the wealth disparity grow for 40 years, and their future being stolen by special interests- saying they're not going to stand by like sheep and let it keep happening just because the people doing it have enough money to pay for the rules in their favor?

I would not say that was a Trump phenomenom.

On 1/21/2017 at 2:31 PM, RuamRudy said:

I think you are right about the hijacking. It seems now that the main choices we have in politics are dominated by those at the extreme ends of the spectrum, and that the charismatic and eloquent leaders of those positions attract a less eloquent, but devoted following who will happily jump on any bandwagon to create chaos. 

I agree with your sentiment, but I believe that our leaders are responsible for fanning the flames of dissent that we are seeing. Nobody seems to want to stay in the middle ground; all want to pander to the extremes.

Leaders often pander to extremes because that's the way many political systems work in the West. Party politics relies on activists, and these are often more opinionated to begin with. People with extreme views, of strong feelings about issues are easier to mobilize, comes handy when need to demonstrate public support.