Are there any parks in Bangkok without security?

finy

Would you also like to know if there are any banks without security?   Parks without security are generally used by people up to no good, as you know, otherwise the security wouldn't bother them.

Yeah...really weird question to ask.  And they ALL have security.  Can you imagine if they didn't?  They'd be filled with litter, soi dogs, people basically living there, people hunting small animals, chopping down trees, young people having sex in the bushes, people getting drunk and rowdy...not to mention the inevitable crime.

20 hours ago, gdgbb said:

Would you also like to know if there are any banks without security?   Parks without security are generally used by people up to no good, as you know, otherwise the security wouldn't bother them.

No, I didn't ask about banks.

the small and relaxing santicha prakan park next to the river in banglampu usually has three or four low level security guards, cctv and recently four RTP officers.

i have never seen any trouble in the park apart from foreigners occasionally taking off their shirt to sunbathe or laying down on the benches... usually sorted out with a few short sharp blasts from a security guard's whistle. in fact the biggest problem in the park is the security guards riding their motorcycles through the park because they are too lazy to walk  50 metres.

i do wonder what they expect to happen in the park and think the RTP officers could be more productively employed policing the nearby roads. but what do i know?

3 hours ago, samsensam said:

the biggest problem in the park is the security guards riding their motorcycles through the park because they are too lazy to walk  50 metres.

It's the same in our moobaan, they even drive against traffic and don't have working lights on their scooters.

We hired them to make the moobaan safe...Also they sleep during working hours.

10 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

A park in the city without security -- won't be a park for very long....

You're right, it will be full of undesirables wanting to use a park with no security checking on them.

3 hours ago, gdgbb said:

Neither did you see the point of my comment.

I did, I just ignored it.

it wasn't what I asked.

if you want to start talking about park security please start your own post.

7 hours ago, finy said:

I did, I just ignored it.

it wasn't what I asked.

if you want to start talking about park security please start your own post.

Why would I want to start a duplicate thread that would just be closed and re-directed here?  I'm pretty sure that you will find that it was you that started the discussion about park security.