Suvarnabhumi Today - 22 Jan 2017

sstuff3

Yup..........its busy :sick:

This is more than just "busy". I fly in and out of here several times a month and have seen the airport busy but Immigration never backed up like this before. Even in the early days of Suvarnabhumi when the wait times were 1-2 hours regularly, the lines were never this long.

Could it have anything to do with the approaching Chinese New Year ? As its round about now that the mass exodus commences, and I was very nearly caught out as for the next week, all Cathay Oacific flights HK- BKK are booked solid 

Could it have anything to do with the approaching Chinese New Year ? As its round about now that the mass exodus commences, and I was very nearly caught out as for the next week, all Cathay Oacific flights HK- BKK are booked solid 

Those are all farang though

Those photos are brutal. Don't see any smiles either.

I just went through immigration and security at Changi Airport (Singapore). The organization of it all is like a dream. Everything is decentralized and spread out, reducing wait times dramatically for virtually every passenger function.

The security set up is unbelievably convenient for outbound passengers. Security checks are performed once AT THE GATE. Virtually no lines as passengers show up at the gate on a fairly spread-out basis.

My "impossible dream" is that the know-it-alls at Swampy would consult such a world-class airport to improve the situation. But of course, too much loss of face for that ever to transpire.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Dont know what's triggered this new wave of tourists but I just witnessed 8 baht buses go past all bursting at the seams with Russians while attempting to go jomtien to Pattaya
Finally got one but standing room only
Maybe the ruble surged?

7 hours ago, zorro1 said:

Dont know what's triggered this new wave of tourists but I just witnessed 8 baht buses go past all bursting at the seams with Russians while attempting to go jomtien to Pattaya
Finally got one but standing room only
Maybe the ruble surged?

They had tables booked for lunch at the "tin cup" on soi Buakhao,same same every sunday :smile:

It's at times like this when it pays to travel business class on the shorter hauls, and get the use of the priority lanes

Yes it pays. Unfortunately the vast majority of us on this Forum and international travellers in general can't afford such luxuries. Count yourself lucky to be able to do so.

4 minutes ago, jerojero said:

Yes it pays. Unfortunately the vast majority of us on this Forum and international travellers in general can't afford such luxuries. Count yourself lucky to be able to do so.

Can you please explain your comment. I have triple checked and as hard as I can,to find in my post where I mentioned I fly business class. Can I kindly suggest open eyes and brain and read what what I wrote, then absorb what I said. So many people on here do not read the Posts  properly. Anyhow, does it offend you that unlike yourself, and as you studiously stated "  the vast majority on this forum and international travelers in general " can't afford such luxuries ? Actually I can afford, that's due to diligence and intelligent living, however as a gold card holder with CX I often get upgraded. 

Can you please explain your comment. I have triple checked and as hard as I can,to find in my post where I mentioned I fly business class. Can I kindly suggest open eyes and brain and read what what I wrote, then absorb what I said. So many people on here do not read the Posts  properly. Anyhow, does it offend you that unlike yourself, and as you studiously stated "  the vast majority on this forum and international travelers in general " can't afford such luxuries ? Actually I can afford, that's due to diligence and intelligent living, however as a gold card holder with CX I often get upgraded. 

Wow what is wrong with you?

How did you see that post as attack on you

I to thought you fly biz class and nothing to do with not reading properly

25 minutes ago, zorro1 said:

Wow what is wrong with you?

How did you see that post as attack on you

I to thought you fly biz class and nothing to do with not reading properly

My point zorro 1 is quite simple I did NOT write I fly business class, I merely stated on short haul flights, it would be beneficial to fly business class to avail of the priority immigration lane.

then the response came back smacking of sour grapes as the responder did not read my post correctly.. I did not see it as an attack on me, but the point is, he/she misread my post, as did you . But at least you were more subtle.

Edited by DipStick

• 3 months later...