Cell Phone At Airport

bri1guy

When a friend was visiting Thailand in October, he asked me to buy him a DTAC SIM card, so I did. While we were waiting for another friend's flight to arrive, we went to the DTAC shop on the arrivals level and asked to buy some air time to "top up" his card and they said they couldn't. ALL they do is SELL SIMs. Nice spacious office with plush furniture and two smartly dressed staff, but all they do is sell SIMs. :o

We purchased a top-up card at the airport Family Mart (a 7-11 clone) two weeks ago.

Located in the arrival area, where the money exchange, limo kiosks etc. are, it is on the side of the the exit gates of the baggage claim area.

(I.e. come out from baggage claim area to the arrival area, turn around it should be somewhere there)

• 2 months later...
We purchased a top-up card at the airport Family Mart (a 7-11 clone) two weeks ago.

Located in the arrival area, where the money exchange, limo kiosks etc. are, it is on the side of the the exit gates of the baggage claim area.

(I.e. come out from baggage claim area to the arrival area, turn around it should be somewhere there)

Thanks Zoltannyc Thanks fo that info, i always arrived with almost no time left on phone and its the ist thing , I got...

When Leaving the Airports there still is not otions for picking up a card, so it is recommended on getting one before comming to the airport..

Thanks Zoltannyc Thanks fo that info, i always arrived with almost no time left on phone and its the ist thing , I got...

When Leaving the Airports there still is not otions for picking up a card, so it is recommended on getting one before comming to the airport..

Both DTAC/Happy and AIS/1-2-Call operate counters on level 2 between (and on the same side) as doors #6 and #7. This area is accessible to arriving and departing passengers, as well as greeters. I talked to someone at the AIS-1-2-Call counter and she said that they sell SIMs and top-ups. Top-ups are computer-generated slips of paper with the unique top up code. They can call or SMS the top-up for you. Or you can just call 900120 and follow the prompts. At this location, like any other staffed location, you can also top up anyone else's phone just by providing their number.

I did not ask about SIM pricing but assume the standard 1-2-Call package is available for 250 baht and that comes with 50 baht of talk-time and 30 days of validity. Have them install and activate the SIM for you.

There are some convenience stores (FamilyMart, other) on lelvel 2, 3 and 4. All of those should have traditional top-up cards.