Man killed in robbery

geovalin

A man was shot dead and two women were injured in a failed robbery involving three gunmen on motorbikes in Phnom Penh early on Saturday. The incident happened in Chamkarmon district after the gang tried to steal money and expensive phones from two women in a Lexus car after they left a nightclub with a man.  

District police officer Ly Seng said the people in the car did not give up their phones and money and tried to drive away. “The robbers then rode their motorbikes to chase their car, firing many bullets at the top of the car and its mirrors,” he said.  

The male car driver, the boyfriend of one of the women, became angry with the robbers for shooting at his car and drove the car into the gang. “They were angry with the man for driving the car and hitting them,” Mr. Seng said.

read more http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/34591/man-killed-in-robbery/

khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times 23/01

"The male car driver, the boyfriend of one of the women, became angry with the robbers for shooting at his car and drove the car into the gang. “They were angry with the man for driving the car and hitting them,” Mr. Seng said. "

The gang tried to rob him and his lady friends, but he only became angry when they shot his car? Not sure his girlfriend would be happy to know that. And the gang became angry because he drove his car at them after they'd tried to rob him? Hmmm... seems like some anger management issues over there.

I don't have statistic to prove anything or enough good informations on this matter so I can only say , "It appears to me", that the Thai society is getting more violent by the day.

Don't misquote me please, I did say it appears.