90 day report or leave and re-enter?

If you have entered Thailand on a tourist visa and change it to a non-immigrant category 0 in Thailand on the last 15 days of the 60 days on the tourist visa, so you can then apply for retirement extension on the last 30 days of that non-immigrant category 0 will you have to do a 90 day report from the start of the 60 day tourist visa when you entered the country or do you have to leave and Re-enter?    I have worked it out that you would be in the country 45 days for the tourist visa then 60 days on the Non-immigrant one before you get the extension of stay on Retirement = 105 days so will someone doing this have to to 90 day reporting or leave and re-enter ?     

Edited by scotsman

You don't need to make any reports yet. The application for an extension is the equivalent of a report. Your first actual 90 day report will be 90 days from the day you apply for the extension, and the IO should issue you with a report slip confirming the date.

You would not need to do a 90 day report until 90 days from the date you apply for the extension of stay based upon retirement. Your first extension counts as a 90 a day report.

You do not have to wait until you only have 15 days remaining on your 60 day tourist visa entry to apply for the change of visa status you can do it at any time during the 60 days up to the last 15 days.

• 3 weeks later...

Today for the 2nd time my brother has been to pattaya Immigration only to be treated badly by the woman officer, we understand the first time that some of his paper work was not in order like a bank letter as we did not know you needed one for a change of visa so we went and got that and updated the bank books. My brother has 2 savings accounts 1 with ATM card the other a savings account. the money from outside Thailand was in the first account for over a month before he took 1 mill out into the 2nd account and that has been in that account for over a month so between the 2 account books the money has been in Thailand over 2 months. Now as we understand it you don't need to have the money seeded to get a change of visa from Tourist to Category-o that comes in the rules when you go for extension to retirement. So as far as we know all requirements have been done but the women officer told my brother in a rude way that his money in the 2nd savings book with letter from the bank with 1 million baht was not seeded long enough. My brother tried to make her understand that the 1 mil came out of the 1st savings book and has been in Thailand over 2 months she would not listen I don't want to hear your excuses you can have 5 mil in this book it has not been seeded long enough and would not look at the 1st savings book and told him you can speak to my supervisor. My brother did not want to cause a fight so he just left very angry at the way he has been treated.  Can someone tell me is she correct in doing this according to the requirements?   My brother will now go to a visa office and try and get them to get this done for him as he does not want to go back to see her again. it has not been a good first impression for Thailand for my brother who has bought a new condo and was looking forward to his retirement.  

Regards

Scotsman  

That is not the first report of the lady that does the visa applications giving people a hard time when they try to apply. She has even suggested that for several thousand baht it can done easier.

There is certainly no requirement for the money to in the bank any amount of time before applying for a visa. The 60 days is only needed for the extension application.

My brother is now going to get a pension letter from the uk embassy and also use his bankbooks with bank statements and a bank letter so we have all the requirements to give her when he goes back. But because that will take more time he will have to go and get a 30 day extension on his tourist visa. If the lady does not issue the visa change this time he will ask to speak to her supervisor and ask her what he needs to get this change of visa because he has got everything.

Thank you for your reply.

regards

scotsman

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not the first report of the lady that does the visa applications giving people a hard time when they try to apply. She has even suggested that for several thousand baht it can done easier.

There is certainly no requirement for the money to in the bank any amount of time before applying for a visa. The 60 days is only needed for the extension application.

Guess she knows somebody who knows somebody- for a fee!