Rawai Mayor warns against swindler

snoop1130

Rawai Mayor warns against swindler

Kritsada Mueanhawong

1_201712417477640_hWiyFtYieswEIHtgOBUALZ

PHUKET:-- Rawai Mayor Aroon Solos has issued a warning about a possible swindler posing as a Phuket City Municipality officer. 

Mr Aroon said that a man who called himself Raywat Chanakeaw called him to ask for money yesterday morning. 

The caller claimed to be a Phuket City Municipality officer and said that he had been in an accident and needed money to get treatment at a hospital in Takua Pha district, Phang Nga. 

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Rawai-Mayor-warns-against-swindler/66178?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-1-24

“A similar incident has happened to me before. At that time, I received call from someone who claimed to be working with the governor. The man said he had been arrested at Tah Chat Chai checkpoint and did not have his wallet,” said Mr Aroon.

“I transferred 500 baht to his bank account, but the man turned out to be a swindler. I let that serve as a lesson to me

He actually fell for that. Haha. How would the guy withdraw funds from his account if he lost his wallet which surely includes ID card etc. Oh and I'm sure the police would drive him to the bank to get the 500THB...

And this guy is the Mayor of Rawai.

On another note: what the hell are these people thinking that try to scam powerful government officers for a few hundred baht? Been too long in the sun and watched too many soap operas on TV?