Yangon SETV report

No you have to exchange into the local currency Kyat. Best deal for cash is to use any of the money changers all over town. Airport exchange rates are a ripoff. Also many ATMs now but I did not use them so dont know if they charge fees like Thailand does.

No you have to exchange into the local currency Kyat. Best deal for cash is to use any of the money changers all over town. Airport exchange rates are a ripoff. Also many ATMs now but I did not use them so dont know if they charge fees like Thailand does.

If you are using ATM with a foreign card (let say a Thai debit card), ATM charge 5,000 Kyat per transaction whatever the amount you wish to withdraw. 5,000 Kyat is about 130 THB as of today exchange rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You really need to have kyat. However, many services will allow you to pay in US$, albeit at lousy exchange rates.

It is quite difficult to buy kyat in advance of your trip, so you may be forced to buy a few kyat at unfavorable rates on your arrival. US$20 should be ample until you find a good money changer.