Visa on arrival

Would it be possible to convert a visa on arrival to 1 year  Non Immigrant Visa?  A similar topic  has been posted recently but I missed a more detailled reply and a clear YES or NO to this question.

Edited by GeKoSc

Brit Tim, you
A VE entry cannot be converted to a 1 year Non I O, I have just tried and been informed I must leave the Country to obtain the the Visa by either Marraige or Residency, and then the O Visa will be only 90 days, unless you go to Savannaket who will issue 1 year O Visa, again, Marriage or Residency for Baht5000! But must leave Thailand every 90 days!

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

44 minutes ago, Baricello said:

Brit Tim, you
A VE entry cannot be converted to a 1 year Non I O, I have just tried and been informed I must leave the Country to obtain the the Visa by either Marraige or Residency, and then the O Visa will be only 90 days, unless you go to Savannaket who will issue 1 year O Visa, again, Marriage or Residency for Baht5000! But must leave Thailand every 90 days!

Did you attempt to do the conversion in Bangkok? If so, there was over 15 days left on your visa exempt entry, and you met the other criteria, this is a change in the rules. Several people have done it successfully in the past. For instance, https://www.renegadetravels.com/convert-thailand-visa-exempt-arrival-non-immigrant-visa/.

2 minutes ago, Baricello said:

Thanks Tim, my VE is until 14th Jan, and I have the Docs for Marriage, does my wife need to come, we're in Udon?

I have told you more than once that  Udon immigration are not allowed to accept an application for the visa.

You would have to make two trips to Bangkok 15 days apart to do it. Just cross the border at Nong Khai and go to the embassy to get it.

2 minutes ago, Baricello said:

Correct Joe, your first post to me did say Vientiane or Bangkok! I'd forgotten, thanks, has my wife to be present?

In Vientiane she would not need to be with you.

For the first trip to Bangkok she would have to be with you.

30 minutes ago, Baricello said:

Joe, where can I download latest TM7?

Well, my name is not Joe, but take a look at this link; http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm7.pdf

You can find all forms in word or pdf here: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

Edited by Carib