US chemical bombs found in Svay Rieng

geovalin

The Cambodian Mine Action Center (CMAC) found two unexploded bombs containing dangerous chemical substances at a primary school and a pagoda in Svay Rieng province’s Romeas Hek district yesterday. CMAC director-general Heng Ratana said the bombs were found in Koki commune, one at Koki primary school and the other at Koki pagoda.

These type of bombs were reported by citizens as having been dropped by the US during the war in 1970. “Through technical information we received, these bombs are a type of chemical bomb placed in 220-liter tanks containing chemical substances and explosives. The chemicals cause suffocation, prematurely born babies and watering of the eyes,” he said.

He added that CMAC’s working team plans to remove the bombs in early February. They are now conducting a detailed study on the feasibility and distance to evacuate monks and citizens to protect their safety as more than five villages are affected. “I estimate that it will take two to three days to remove these bombs out of the area. We have cooperated already with local forces to protect the location,” he said.

read more http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/34710/us-chemical-bombs-found-in-svay-rieng/

khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times 25/01

Surely  not ? US  chemical ordinance?  The same ordinance used to falsley justify the removal of the legitimate head of Iraq? Similar to the  napalm  deployed (accidentally  of  course) on  the civilians  of  Vietnam?  Similar to the  "dirty " bombs  deployed  numerously  in many  places?    Oh yes,  I feel  so relieved to  be  so secure  under the   all American  umbrella  of  "protection".    Bah!

You notice they never say exactly what they were, could be defolient, or Napalm, not much information to make claims of us 'choking civilians in Laos'     I am skeptical, only chemical 'bomb'  I saw were CS grenades we thru down tunnels after we cleared them.