Freezing Treatment for Removal of Warts in Bangkok

donaldinho9

Hi All,

Can anyone please recommend a clinic/hospital that does freezing (cryo/liquid nitrogen) treatments for wart removal in Bangkok? Has anyone done this, would love to hear if anyone has gone through this process. Location/doctors/costs/outcomes? Am located near On Nut BTS.

Thanks very much!

Dr. Parichart at St Louis Hospital (Silom) uses cryo and I would assume would do so for warts as well (in my case she used it to remove a seborrheic keratosis).

Unfortunately they have "upgraded" their website yet again and not in English so you will have to call to find out her hours

0-2675-5000 / 0-2210-9999
Mail[email protected]

I've had it done at both Samitivej Sukhumwit and Samitivej Srinakarin - well, apart from the "removal" part.

I've had warts frozen on my hands and soles of my feet many times over the last 40 or so years.  I personally find the treatment to be largely ineffective.  In my experience, only if the treatment produces blistering is there are chance of the wart falling off.  In practice, this mean it only works on my hands (and then not always).  I get no blistering on the soles of my feet, and last year after 6 rounds of treatment with liquid nitrogen I eventually had them cut out.  It was extremely painful for several weeks, and I'm left with thick scars which become painful when my feet get wet (e.g. from sweating inside shoes).  However, the warts haven't returned.

From a scientific point of view, I understand that freezing and treatment with salicylic acid are equally effective (or ineffective).  Cheaper to try salicylic acid first if you haven't tried it yet.  Brand name Collomack (liquid) is readily available here.