Brit's murder latest: Suspects hired van from border - one shaved his beard off on journey back

webfact

57 minutes ago, dabhand said:

Interesting.

With Stickboy's well known connections with the BR boys (he interviewed the Bangkok top dog not so long ago) could the passport copy have been provided as a means to throwing the guy under a bus. No honour amongst thieves!!

I was thinking that too. If Taylor had worked with Kenway in Spain then they maybe his gang had access to his ID. 

I also read that interview which was an obvious attempt to legitimise Hayward's wealth (King of Clubs my arse!) and undo some of the damage that Andrew Drummond had been doing. I think Hayward probably had something to do with Drummond's website being blocked too (though he does write about so many crooks there it could have been anyone). 

Edited by LandOfWiles

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 27/01/2017 at 10:21 AM, humqdpf said:

You would have thought they would not have used their own ID to rent the motorbike which was used during the hit!

Who's IDs, as very temporary visitors needing to keep a very low profile, would they have been able to use to rent a bike without raising suspicions?

On 27/01/2017 at 11:05 AM, Geoffsilverfox said:

Would someone please tell me what a '' Wolf of Wall Street-style boiler room scam'' is?

The boiler room boys will all be along in a moment to explain it to you and identify themselves.

On 27/01/2017 at 2:55 PM, bkkrooftop said:

Im sorry, but theres something not right with this whole story.  So far everyone involved does not seem so.  Who runs a huge scam and then drives a flashy porsche in a 3rd world ctry.  Of course, everyone will find out and its really only a matter of time til you are offed or just mugged.  As well as the hit men seem like some High Schoolers that got hired for a hit.  They used their real ids and ditched the said scooter.  Then had same driver and shaved beard in the van?  Nuts i say

He wasn't driving a flashy Porsche in a 3rd world city he was driving it in Pattaya (and Bangkok) where cars like these, and others much flashier than an SUV, are not uncommon.

On 27/01/2017 at 4:48 PM, Allstars said:

Wonder what the family now has to say about this good boy who lived to help others.

They probably knew exactly what he did, the charity and school building references were just b ollocks.

5 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

He wasn't driving a flashy Porsche in a 3rd world city he was driving it in Pattaya (and Bangkok) where cars like these, and others much flashier than an SUV, are not uncommon.

Yea I'd have to agree with you. Other than the combination of the car model and the color screaming a bit of attention craving in itself I don't think it's a very flashy car.

Even up in Ubon Ratchathani there are Porsche Panameras and Cayennes driving around. If you see one, especially in a neutral color ie white/black then I doubt you'd go "my god that's too flashy and dangerous to drive in Ubon."

On 27/01/2017 at 5:26 PM, DiscoDan said:

You would of thought if they could get hold of a gun, that they would of been able to get a stolen bike. 

Well that wouldn't have run the risk of drawing police attention, would it?

On 28/01/2017 at 2:26 AM, Tom Cahill said:

What I guess is that the RTP may be  'offshoring'  the blame and that they want to blame foreigners  'who they can't catch'  as scapegoats,  to keep some of the network out of the country for good and to act as an increased level of threat for anyone who seeks to deal out justice to criminals who are known to the police and protected.

In the UK there was a case I'm intimately familiar with.  The City Police even did a burgalry on behalf of the gang to destroy evidence when I went to court and got an adverse order against the criminals,  who they'd been protecting  (Detective Paul Kirk of the City Fraud Squad,  acting on behalf of Matt Bradford who got promoted twice in the year that he was overseeing the protect-aFreemason-criminal cover up).  The Met Police's Andrew Fisher also got involved,  and tried to intimidate me with a fake criminal investigation and even went to the court and sought to intimidate me in front of the tip staff.  Two High Court judges were in on this,  Master Eastman and Judge Seymour QC.

Don't get too much on your high horses condemning the Thai Police.  They're no worse than the police in the UK,  but they're only worse in terms of their inability to hide their corruption,  and we have to remember they're easily bored and are generally fairly more drunk at work than's advisable.  I've known quite a few of them and even had to drive one to work once as he was too pissed to get out of the back of the off licence where we'd been drinking and he had been warned he wasn't happy about driving back to work out of uniform as he was apparently not really allowed to hide whilst on duty and not being in uniform in a town where everyone knew him would be a dead giveaway.

I haven't spent much time looking into this story but will do when more info's available  (rather than the initial fortnight of speculation),  but there's got to be some reason why these two are being blamed and if they did do it,  it may be they've been threatened and made to do it in this way as the people telling them to do it want there to be a clear link to them as opposed to them---possibly they are actually on the hit list if they don't kill their colleague.

"I haven't spent much time looking into this story but will do when more info's available..."

Good to know that you will be on the case, that will save a lot of posters here worrying about a non-professional investigation.

Edited by gdgbb

On 27/01/2017 at 8:49 AM, Dogmatix said:

You'd have thought that, if they thought it necessary to retain the same driver for a speedy getaway, they would have silenced him with another 9mm handshake before crossing the border and saved the tip too.

A single fired cartridge case shown on a Thai news channel was .45 calibre.

Was he shot once or twice? Conflicting reports.

4 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

A single fired cartridge case shown on a Thai news channel was .45 calibre.

Was he shot once or twice? Conflicting reports.

Conclusive report , states  death by gunshot .

7 hours ago, elliss said:

Conclusive report , states  death by gunshot .

Must be nice being in Cambodia knowing a couple of murderers are walking around and the govt does sweet FA about it.

I thought 20 years ago when i first visited South East Asia things were progressing, with the exception of some shiny building i was very wrong.

one can't help get the feeling the Thai police are not really  interested in pursuing this matter any more.............................:ph34r:

Following the identification of two prime suspects for the murder of Tony Kenway last week, Thai authorities seem to have totally dropped the ball in the pursuit of the fugitives, who are believed to be in Cambodia. The suspects were rapidly identified thanks to the motorbike that they rented using their real ID for the hit on Kenway, as well as CCTV footage of the shooting. The Thai police very quickly located the means of escape and the border crossing where the men left the country. The Thai police were extremely efficient in finding and following traces of the two fugitives up until the moment they crossed the border into Cambodia.
However, there are still no Interpol wanted notices on the two suspected killers, and according to the Cambodian police, Thai police have not yet officially requested help in tracking down the suspects.The Cambodians know the names and passport numbers of the two men, but they need a formal request from the Thais in order to put out an alert.

Kim Ratana, deputy director at the Cham Yeam International Checkpoint in Koh Kong province who previously said Thai police had contacted Cambodian police to work on locating the two suspects, said he had no update.

Uk Heisela, chief of investigations at the Interior Ministry’s immigration department, said he wasn’t even aware of the case.

Apichat Suriboonya, head of the Interpol office in Thailand, referred questions to Royal Thai Police deputy commissioner-general Chalermkiat Srivorakan, the head of a committee set up to investigate the case, who could not be reached.

Major General Apichat told Thai newspaper The Nation last week that if the pair fled to a third country, Thai police would ask Interpol to help track them down. However, the suspects had not been added to Interpol’s online database of wanted persons as of on Sunday evening.

https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/officials-claim-ignorance-over-fugitives-in-thai-murder-case-124234/

2 hours ago, Asiantravel said:

one can't help get the feeling the Thai police are not really  interested in pursuing this matter any more.............................:ph34r:

Following the identification of two prime suspects for the murder of Tony Kenway last week, Thai authorities seem to have totally dropped the ball in the pursuit of the fugitives, who are believed to be in Cambodia. The suspects were rapidly identified thanks to the motorbike that they rented using their real ID for the hit on Kenway, as well as CCTV footage of the shooting. The Thai police very quickly located the means of escape and the border crossing where the men left the country. The Thai police were extremely efficient in finding and following traces of the two fugitives up until the moment they crossed the border into Cambodia.
However, there are still no Interpol wanted notices on the two suspected killers, and according to the Cambodian police, Thai police have not yet officially requested help in tracking down the suspects.The Cambodians know the names and passport numbers of the two men, but they need a formal request from the Thais in order to put out an alert.

https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/officials-claim-ignorance-over-fugitives-in-thai-murder-case-124234/

Exactly. The foot-dragging and silence is deafening. I think any speculation along the lines of your enquiry could end in a bad way for the speculator (the laws being the way they are in Thailand). 

On another note, this case (at least in the early days) received a lot of press in South Africa (where the alleged triggerman (Caldeira) is from). Apparently he has been living in Cambodia for some time where both his Mum and stepdad also live. When news broke, his stepdad apparently posted "Call me" on his FB page. 

Finally, according the South African press reports the Mum has received death threats from "foreign sounding" people (*note: foreign could mean anything in this context) and has either fled Cambodia and gone into hiding (in Portugal?) or is in hiding in Cambodia.

Check out the herald.co.za. They seem to be covering/investigatig this story the most.  

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, ffaarraanngg said:

The worlds worst hitmen are turning out to be very good at playing hide and seek. 

Or the seekers aren't playing the game.

Or they weren't no hitmen and this weren't no hit so the hiders ain't hiding coz the seekers ain't seeking

9 hours ago, ffaarraanngg said:

The worlds worst hitmen are turning out to be very good at playing hide and seek. 

Agreed, a real mystery? Doesn't seem to be much progress on this story ... is it so easy to hide in Cambodia?

On 21/3/2017 at 3:33 AM, AlexRich said:

Agreed, a real mystery? Doesn't seem to be much progress on this story ... is it so easy to hide in Cambodia?

Disappearing is easy if nobody is looking for you.   Sounds like the case went cold due to a lack of interest in police work. 

9 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Disappearing is easy if nobody is looking for you.   Sounds like the case went cold due to a lack of interest in police work. 

If they try and get back into Europe or SA they'll get a welcome committee.

Seem very young to spend a lifetime on the run.

On March 20, 2017 at 5:21 AM, ffaarraanngg said:

Or they got permanently silenced.