Video: Aussie pensioner sets fire to his house in Surat after row with his Thai girlfriend

webfact

A foreigner living in Thailand covered in tattoos  means trouble .

He should get back to Australia and try to clean up his life.

No sympathy from me , ok so the hooker he was living with was stealing his money , what a surprise. 

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, farcanell said:

The point is more that the bond (vs insurance... as I said regards insurance, right at the get go, "were I'm from") will cover the damage... if woody doesn't fix it himself first... even making him eligible to recover his bond... so everyone is, as usual, jumping the gun on that

y'all are claiming that the property owner is the victim... this is not nessesarily the case... the owner may not suffer at all... so put that aside for a minute

what you are ignoring though, is the pain and suffering (physically and psychologically) that woody is going thru... this can destabilize anyone, and needs considering, rather than ignoring or marginalizing.

if the property owner suffers no financial loss... just say for a moment, that he/ she does not... then who is the victim? It's arguably the man that some are calling a low life scum.

compassion is great... I'm simply suggesting it's misplaced in apportioning it to someone who may not be affected (property owner)... leave some over for the old bugger who is clearly distressed.... and seemingly justified to be distressed.

and.... if you can spare 100 k baht a month, on a 200k baht bond... yes, you can rent my place in rawai... love to have you... come on down... I'll even arc up a (safe) Barbie and throw some prawns on it for you.

i could be wrong... have been before... but I'm pretty sure this shows that I do have an idea

Why are you completely ignoring the fact that this guy set a fire under a car port which could easily have taken the house out if not for the prompt attention pf other people. And blindly making excuse after excuse for the guy.  Every time on here it's walk away/cut your losses/but now oh it's ok to set fire to someone else's property it's not his fault. Well I'm sorry to say it is his fault no one made him stay after the shooting no one told him to set fire to someone else's house. Compassion works two ways he didn't show any for someone else's property. 

As for the rental I'll pass thank you far to cheap for my tastes

19 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Yes that is what will happen.

the crazy farang was fingerpointing to the thais.and now once at the police station where he will be charged for making a fire in some else his house the thai owner of the house and others will do a revenge fingerpointing to him.

now what your problem of my speculation?

If the bed and lounge was his why would he end up in a police station.Lick of paint on the smoke damage and Bob's yer uncle.

17 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

The Ossie was complaining that his Thai girlfriend was giving her boyfriend his money. Stupid old man, what does he expect? She`s young enough to be his daughter, does he really believe she stayed with him for his charm and good looks? These men deserve all they get. 

Shame on you a person is a person even if he is old but one thing is for sure he is not a <deleted> like you, no wonder Thailand is now at the bottom of the world rankings, God i am glad I am not there anymore

say what you want after that but I am free unlike you

8 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

Shame on you a person is a person even if he is old but one thing is for sure he is not a <deleted> like you, no wonder Thailand is now at the bottom of the world rankings, God i am glad I am not there anymore

say what you want after that but I am free unlike you

Yes so are we.

16 hours ago, soalbundy said:

So he get's cheated out of money and it's alright to burn down someone else's property then? He was renting the place. He has committed arson and threatening behaviour, either he is just plain stupid or or mentally unstable. 

He was burning his own property,what's the harm in that.

57 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Why are you completely ignoring the fact that this guy set a fire under a car port which could easily have taken the house out if not for the prompt attention pf other people. And blindly making excuse after excuse for the guy.  Every time on here it's walk away/cut your losses/but now oh it's ok to set fire to someone else's property it's not his fault. Well I'm sorry to say it is his fault no one made him stay after the shooting no one told him to set fire to someone else's house. Compassion works two ways he didn't show any for someone else's property. 

Why are you ignoring the real facts that all that was burnt was a bed and lounge that may have been his own.You can't say what might of,if, maybe.That is speculation.What surprised me was somebody had a fire extinguisher on hand.

18 minutes ago, louse1953 said:

Why are you ignoring the real facts that all that was burnt was a bed and lounge that may have been his own.You can't say what might of,if, maybe.That is speculation.What surprised me was somebody had a fire extinguisher on hand.

Yes its speculation (also on my side) that the fire could have been much worse. But its reasonable speculation because the guy obviously was doing something dangerous. There will be damage that is for sure and the bed and lounger might be his but that is speculation on your side. Fact is it is costing the owner time and money (that he might or might not get back by insurance / bond) 

The guy is a victim, but so is the owner he is the prime victim because he is the innocent party. This guy would have had a lot more sympathy from me if he had not acted like an idiot. I feel sorry for guys getting shafted by Thai woman but IMHO it takes 2 to tango and I am sure he is not free of blame either. 

7 minutes ago, louse1953 said:

All that was burnt!!! Does it matter what was burnt, the fact is but for the intervention of others the house could very easily have burnt down. But it's ok to speculate on the other facts in this case is it what ifs maybes. Apart from the proven fact of an attempted shooting of him the rest is pure speculation.  The money, nobody knows the facts of any of it really. But if someone says it could easily have burnt house down its pure speculation. Obviously doesn't fit into the pre judged outcome people have on this case already.

Whatever the outcome if I was the landlord  and had insurance or not I would be pushing for a charge of criminal damage.

23 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

I am a couple of years older than this drongo and when the wife's lazy younger brother comes here with ma & pa I feel like an alien in my house and I get out as much as poss. Glad when they go home so he does get some sympathy from me , only issue is , strewth , strike a light yer don't make a barbie out of another blokes furniture . 

Yep he is a drongo alright. and you right about lazy Thais brother. I drive around the streets of Ubon and see guys in there 20s 30s 40s just walking around doing nothing Wonder were they get there money from? Prob mum dad still supporting them Been to a lot of countries and the Thais would be one of the laziest races i have ever seen

4 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

Why are you ignoring the fact that the house did not burn down?

why are you assuming he set fire to someone else's property?

why are you assuming it was deliberate? ( because the blatantly incorrect headline said HE set fire to HIS HOUSE... so perhaps they got other things wrong too?)

why are you ignoring the fact that the property owner made a BUSINESS decision to rent his property out, when you surely know that not all business decisions turn out well, but carry risks? ( you do know that, right?)

why are you ignoring the fact that the bloke was clearly distressed?

i will freely admit that setting something on fire in a carport isn't the best idea... my thai neighbors did it last year, which was kind of funny, until I realized that there was a gas bottle involved, prompting me to run away very quickly.

I had to redo all the washing to get the smoke smell out.... they had to pressure wash and repaint two walls and a ceiling (obviously the gas bottle did not explode), but did I cry about the extra work caused to me? No.

the Thai neighbor on my rear side, just decided to excavate the ground beside the fence, causing it (my... I paid for it) to lean badly.... now he wants to know why my fence is leaning into his land ( you fence in my ploperty... why... no good farang!!!)

this is the LOSheet happens.... more so unjustly to a farang.... you (all) know this, and yet want to jump onto a very shaky bandwagon and bash a pensioner... good one

but yes... he must pay to make good any losses suffered by the landlord, as is the correct thing to do.... like when a Thai becomes a monk for a week to atone for his crimes (joking... by cleaning / repainting/ replacing... in which case... no harm no foul)

and its cool, you don't need to worry about me taking offense at your not wanting to rent my property.... I deliberately rent cheap to keep it (not the one with the crazy neighbors) earning, so after the current two year contract expires, someone else will grab it.

4 hours ago, robblok said:

the guy obviously was doing something dangerous.

Duh... this is Thailand... everything is dangerous.

last night I took the bike out to get dinner, and on a rather dark section of road, I sensed (rather than saw) something was amiss, so slowed right down.

LUCKY for me too... on a 30 degree corner, in the middle ( not side) of the road, lay a bike... two or three cops were standing about ten feet away, making no effort what so ever to protect road users from this hazard... pathetic policing 101.

so I did something dangerous, I yelled at them to get the F.ing thing off the road... I know, coulda been shot, right? But holy sheet batsman, the sheer stupidly was overwhelming.

now... lets see how many fires get deliberately started tonight, by deliberately setting off fireworks.

happy Chinese New Year.

1 hour ago, farcanell said:

Why are you ignoring the fact that the house did not burn down?

why are you assuming he set fire to someone else's property?

why are you assuming it was deliberate? ( because the blatantly incorrect headline said HE set fire to HIS HOUSE... so perhaps they got other things wrong too?)

why are you ignoring the fact that the property owner made a BUSINESS decision to rent his property out, when you surely know that not all business decisions turn out well, but carry risks? ( you do know that, right?)

why are you ignoring the fact that the bloke was clearly distressed?

i will freely admit that setting something on fire in a carport isn't the best idea... my thai neighbors did it last year, which was kind of funny, until I realized that there was a gas bottle involved, prompting me to run away very quickly.

I had to redo all the washing to get the smoke smell out.... they had to pressure wash and repaint two walls and a ceiling (obviously the gas bottle did not explode), but did I cry about the extra work caused to me? No.

the Thai neighbor on my rear side, just decided to excavate the ground beside the fence, causing it (my... I paid for it) to lean badly.... now he wants to know why my fence is leaning into his land ( you fence in my ploperty... why... no good farang!!!)

this is the LOSheet happens.... more so unjustly to a farang.... you (all) know this, and yet want to jump onto a very shaky bandwagon and bash a pensioner... good one

but yes... he must pay to make good any losses suffered by the landlord, as is the correct thing to do.... like when a Thai becomes a monk for a week to atone for his crimes (joking... by cleaning / repainting/ replacing... in which case... no harm no foul)

and its cool, you don't need to worry about me taking offense at your not wanting to rent my property.... I deliberately rent cheap to keep it (not the one with the crazy neighbors) earning, so after the current two year contract expires, someone else will grab it.

It's so pointless trying to debate anything with you. Your clearly a falang apologist. It's cringworthy to the point of obsession. I see so the fire was an act of God was it a bit like the burning bush job. I have never once said he was bring anybody else's property I don't care who's it was the fact is the numpty set fire to it in a rented house under a car port which is attached to the house then saw fitt to waddle his way down to the gate leaving the fire to its own devices. I don't care what your neighbours do maybe there trying to tell you something.

As for your  low cost rental enough said.

The numpty fool if it was one of our properties he had rented as said before I would be screaming for him to be charged with criminal damage.

I am not bashing a pensioner I'm bashing a complete tool.

23 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

It's so pointless trying to debate anything with you. Your clearly a falang apologist. It's cringworthy to the point of obsession. I see so the fire was an act of God was it a bit like the burning bush job. I have never once said he was bring anybody else's property I don't care who's it was the fact is the numpty set fire to it in a rented house under a car port which is attached to the house then saw fitt to waddle his way down to the gate leaving the fire to its own devices. I don't care what your neighbours do maybe there trying to tell you something.

As for your  low cost rental enough said.

The numpty fool if it was one of our properties he had rented as said before I would be screaming for him to be charged with criminal damage.

I am not bashing a pensioner I'm bashing a complete tool.

You don't want a debate.... a debate requires acknowledging the entirety of the situation... including woody's side, which you will not

you just want people to agree with you.

and... if you read my posting history, you will quite clearly see I'm not an apologist for anyone in particular... but rather (usually) a supporter of those being persecuted, as in this thread.

oh... lol... that's debating... sorry.

Ok this is his side to the story correct me if I'm wrong. 

Shot and injured in leg or legs a while ago by someone who says he was hired by a man who has a crush on his Girlfriend. Nothing in that story to say or even think the girlfriend  was involved  correct, and as he went back with girlfriend tends to make me think he didn't think she was involved.

Girlfriend brings her two sons to live with them at this new pad they have rented, there must have been a mutual consent for them to come live. He doesn't get on with sons for whatever reason there could be many but as it's not stated I won't make things up. Wife states she and sons left house as there

"were frequent rows recently as a result. She said that Mr Woodward threatened to kill one of her sons.

So fearing for her life and that of her sons she decided to leave with her children and fled to the sanctuary of her elder sister"

So now we have a pretty grim situation if girlfriend is correct threats to kill not a nice situation for anyone to be in and in my opinion girlfriend did the right thing getting her kids out of there.

Now He decides for whatever reason to then  accuse girlfriend of ripping him of for 480000 bht no proof that ive seen anywhere yes agreed its very hard to prove. Then He decides to burn furniture  (don't care who's furniture it was that's irrelevant in these cicumstances)  under a carport which is attached to the house, he could easily have done it further down the drive away from the house. Then once the furniture is alight he then leaves it to burn on its own whilst he waddles off to the gate to point his finger at someone. He even tries to stop someone getting the gate open once presumably person trying to open gate was worried about the fire.

So please tell me apart from the shooting where I may have some sympathy towards him.

Why am I supposed to have sympathy and empathy for a man who says but can not prove he was ripped off then threatens to kill and then becomes an arsonist.  Beacuse he's a farang so therefore can't possibly lie ??

Right.... now your opening up a little... at least you have started reading the threads, which you formerly refused to do... good for you... now your better informed.

regards shooting... shot in both arms, although other reports say legs... but given he was shot in an arranged drive by, arms are more likely ( poor / misleading reporting)

reports say that the act was done such that the girl would go back to back to her ex,  who was identified by the shooter as one of the two organizers. (Shooters confession)

blogs suggest that the girlfriend was "annoyed" that woody was still giving money to his ex wife... (suggestive of conspiracy)

frequent rows and claim of threatening to kill one of the sons ( uncorraborated heresay.... how old are the son, etc etc... was allleged threat even viable / realistic. You even say he "waddles" so he doesn't seem to hale and hearty)

woody is on video some twenty feet or so from fire ( hardly waddling off very far)

woody is on video attempting to display injuries that he has sustained...watch video, interpret that yourself ( suggestive of him actually beinging the one in danger of physical harm)

proving he got gouged for 480,000 baht may be doable, once he recovers from this ordeal... if he can prove it, then his story is more believable ....  and it's not unreasonable to give him the benefit of the doubt on this point (my opinion)

I 100% agree... wrong place for a fire... but if repaired then this is not an issue ( like backing your car into the fence and knocking it over... but repairing it)

deliberate fire or accidental due due to dropping a cigarette onto the sofa .... the burnt frame shown in the video looks like a sofa to me... (unknown?... maybe I missed him admitting to that)

FACT.... the man is clearly distressed and agitated.

FACT... an item of furniture went up in flames

FACT... the property sustained minor damage, due to the fire

CONCLUSION.... to many unknowns to crucify someone who's sofa went up in flames in the shade of his carport... more information is required for this, even if it may be funny for some to call the distressed old bugger a low life scum sucker (or other derogatory terms)

for consideration.... the man may have acted irrationally and been "temporarily insane" ( for want of a better term only) due to depression brought on by being abandoned by the women he loved enough to stay with, even though her ex had tried to have him murdered, and was further disturbed to find he has had a significant amount of cash plundered from his account, whilst he is also now supporting the women's offspring, who may have actually been harming him, causing him to utter counter threats of violence against them.

all blah blah blah... you live here right... is this not easy to believe, given your experience ( gathered knowledge from seeing / reading how Thai plus non Thai relationships sometimes end)

so why should you care, or be compassionate... human decency, when the most obvious part of the entire saga is that woody is clearly distressed, while everything else is opinion, heresay and speculation.

but hey... I'm proud of you... now your debating. That said, I still doubt we will agree here, as my sympathies are with the disturbed gent, who I would believe first, for reasons outlined above, whereas yours appear to be with people not present or represented in the article.... 

good job deepinthailand... sorry to everyone else for this absurdly long reply.

3 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

Ok this is his side to the story correct me if I'm wrong. 

Shot and injured in leg or legs a while ago by someone who says he was hired by a man who has a crush on his Girlfriend. Nothing in that story to say or even think the girlfriend  was involved  correct, and as he went back with girlfriend tends to make me think he didn't think she was involved.

Girlfriend brings her two sons to live with them at this new pad they have rented, there must have been a mutual consent for them to come live. He doesn't get on with sons for whatever reason there could be many but as it's not stated I won't make things up. Wife states she and sons left house as there

"were frequent rows recently as a result. She said that Mr Woodward threatened to kill one of her sons.

So fearing for her life and that of her sons she decided to leave with her children and fled to the sanctuary of her elder sister"

So now we have a pretty grim situation if girlfriend is correct threats to kill not a nice situation for anyone to be in and in my opinion girlfriend did the right thing getting her kids out of there.

Now He decides for whatever reason to then  accuse girlfriend of ripping him of for 480000 bht no proof that ive seen anywhere yes agreed its very hard to prove. Then He decides to burn furniture  (don't care who's furniture it was that's irrelevant in these cicumstances)  under a carport which is attached to the house, he could easily have done it further down the drive away from the house. Then once the furniture is alight he then leaves it to burn on its own whilst he waddles off to the gate to point his finger at someone. He even tries to stop someone getting the gate open once presumably person trying to open gate was worried about the fire.

So please tell me apart from the shooting where I may have some sympathy towards him.

Why am I supposed to have sympathy and empathy for a man who says but can not prove he was ripped off then threatens to kill and then becomes an arsonist.  Beacuse he's a farang so therefore can't possibly lie ??

There's as much evidence of the theft of 480,000 baht as there is for threats to his girlfriend's children. 

You can't choose to believe one or the other. 

Its either both both or neither. 

1 hour ago, farcanell said:

Right.... now your opening up a little... at least you have started reading the threads, which you formerly refused to do... good for you... now your better informed.

regards shooting... shot in both arms, although other reports say legs... but given he was shot in an arranged drive by, arms are more likely ( poor / misleading reporting)

reports say that the act was done such that the girl would go back to back to her ex,  who was identified by the shooter as one of the two organizers. (Shooters confession)

blogs suggest that the girlfriend was "annoyed" that woody was still giving money to his ex wife... (suggestive of conspiracy)

frequent rows and claim of threatening to kill one of the sons ( uncorraborated heresay.... how old are the son, etc etc... was allleged threat even viable / realistic. You even say he "waddles" so he doesn't seem to hale and hearty)

woody is on video some twenty feet or so from fire ( hardly waddling off very far)

woody is on video attempting to display injuries that he has sustained...watch video, interpret that yourself ( suggestive of him actually beinging the one in danger of physical harm)

proving he got gouged for 480,000 baht may be doable, once he recovers from this ordeal... if he can prove it, then his story is more believable ....  and it's not unreasonable to give him the benefit of the doubt on this point (my opinion)

I 100% agree... wrong place for a fire... but if repaired then this is not an issue ( like backing your car into the fence and knocking it over... but repairing it)

deliberate fire or accidental due due to dropping a cigarette onto the sofa .... the burnt frame shown in the video looks like a sofa to me... (unknown?... maybe I missed him admitting to that)

FACT.... the man is clearly distressed and agitated.

FACT... an item of furniture went up in flames

FACT... the property sustained minor damage, due to the fire

CONCLUSION.... to many unknowns to crucify someone who's sofa went up in flames in the shade of his carport... more information is required for this, even if it may be funny for some to call the distressed old bugger a low life scum sucker (or other derogatory terms)

for consideration.... the man may have acted irrationally and been "temporarily insane" ( for want of a better term only) due to depression brought on by being abandoned by the women he loved enough to stay with, even though her ex had tried to have him murdered, and was further disturbed to find he has had a significant amount of cash plundered from his account, whilst he is also now supporting the women's offspring, who may have actually been harming him, causing him to utter counter threats of violence against them.

all blah blah blah... you live here right... is this not easy to believe, given your experience ( gathered knowledge from seeing / reading how Thai plus non Thai relationships sometimes end)

so why should you care, or be compassionate... human decency, when the most obvious part of the entire saga is that woody is clearly distressed, while everything else is opinion, heresay and speculation.

but hey... I'm proud of you... now your debating. That said, I still doubt we will agree here, as my sympathies are with the disturbed gent, who I would believe first, for reasons outlined above, whereas yours appear to be with people not present or represented in the article.... 

good job deepinthailand... sorry to everyone else for this absurdly long reply.

Actually I did not read the thread as I've stated many times read 3 posts and you have the story. My sympathise will lye with the owner of the house and with the threatened son and his mother untill full and conclusive proof of otherwise. There's a lot more to this story than any of us know. I still have slight sympathy for the fact he was injured in shooting. Other than that no sympathy from me I'm afraid. Yes I live here and anything is possible but personally I have never as stated in many threads witnessed this TV phenomenon of all the rip off that go on. As for your atempt to belittle  myself with your pathetic comments "I'm proud of you and we'll done" The words patronising  (you know the next word) spring to mind. Are you and this tool we speak of here buddies. As you seem to love calling him woody, I think plank might be more fitting as in as thick as. As for blindly be living his version as I stated a farang appolgist.

40 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Actually I did not read the thread as I've stated many times read 3 posts and you have the story. My sympathise will lye with the owner of the house and with the threatened son and his mother untill full and conclusive proof of otherwise. There's a lot more to this story than any of us know. I still have slight sympathy for the fact he was injured in shooting. Other than that no sympathy from me I'm afraid. Yes I live here and anything is possible but personally I have never as stated in many threads witnessed this TV phenomenon of all the rip off that go on. As for your atempt to belittle  myself with your pathetic comments "I'm proud of you and we'll done" The words patronising  (you know the next word) spring to mind. Are you and this tool we speak of here buddies. As you seem to love calling him woody, I think plank might be more fitting as in as thick as. As for blindly be living his version as I stated a farang appolgist.

What else would you call someone named Edward Woodward? (Three wood was funny)

pretty simple really, unless your a nasty, mean spirited, disparaging, belittling, bullying tool, prone to jumping to conclusions, based on some sort of deeply entrenched hate... like might be expected if he was tupping your missus.

As too blindly living any version... my post covers the entire scenario, making assumptions based on my experiences, which I shared to empthasis my position, which you saw fit to belittle.... mmm... jump back to the above paragraph.

but it's a free world... enjoy your nasty prejudicial view of others.... I'll stick to trying to show compassion to others, and as you have demonstrated that you have little of worth to add, beyond unverified gossip, I'll not bother with you anymore, on this topic.... hopefully you'll make more sense on the next.

19 minutes ago, farcanell said:

What else would you call someone named Edward Woodward? (Three wood was funny)

pretty simple really, unless your a nasty, mean spirited, disparaging, belittling, bullying tool, prone to jumping to conclusions, based on some sort of deeply entrenched hate... like might be expected if he was tupping your missus.

As too blindly living any version... my post covers the entire scenario, making assumptions based on my experiences, which I shared to empthasis my position, which you saw fit to belittle.... mmm... jump back to the above paragraph.

but it's a free world... enjoy your nasty prejudicial view of others.... I'll stick to trying to show compassion to others, and as you have demonstrated that you have little of worth to add, beyond unverified gossip, I'll not bother with you anymore, on this topic.... hopefully you'll make more sense on the next.

Yeh whatever the man's a tool and should be deported. I was going to let you know something but I belive you already know plus no doubt I'd get a ban.

Archived