windows 10

overherebc

Works fine for me for home use, and not difficult to get up to speed, there is a rather useful new notifications pop up which keeps you alerted on Incoming Emails/TVisa notifications/Facebook action - for example

I like it - moved up from windows 7 a while ago now never an issue

18 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Juzt one more question.

I need to keep the photos of my car and bike rebuild over the past year so tomorrow will download to a hard drive. Any problems with reloading to the laptop with 10 after changing from 7.

Should change my name to LudditeBC?

No problems. But suggest in the future you always keep copies of photos on a separate hard drive. Make it a routine operation when you move stuff from camera to computer.

3 hours ago, maxpower said:

Performance, stability and interface improvements plus long term support. Do it now rather than later.
The Microsoft snooping and telemetry stuff can be mostly wiped out with one click from software like anti-beacon.

But be careful, turn off too much and you screw up Windows Update.

51 minutes ago, Chicog said:

But be careful, turn off too much and you screw up Windows Update.

Short of stopping the service editing hosts file or setting metered network its not easy to upset the auto update process in Win 10.
For the average Joe, flipping the standard set of privacy switches by hand or with software assistance wont upset the update process.

I just swap the HDD with SSD and install the OS cleanly to SSD, leaving all my files intact on the HDD. Place the HDD into a caddy costing 200 baht and you have yourself with an external USB hard drive with all of your data and a much faster machine, due to having cleanly installed the OS to a solid state drive.

2 hours ago, maxpower said:

Short of stopping the service editing hosts file or setting metered network its not easy to upset the auto update process in Win 10.
For the average Joe, flipping the standard set of privacy switches by hand or with software assistance wont upset the update process.

Well many of these free tools do exactly that, stop Windows Update and muck around with the Hosts file which can bugger up Skype.

So, as I said, just be careful what you use.

5 hours ago, JamJar said:

I just swap the HDD with SSD and install the OS cleanly to SSD, leaving all my files intact on the HDD. Place the HDD into a caddy costing 200 baht and you have yourself with an external USB hard drive with all of your data and a much faster machine, due to having cleanly installed the OS to a solid state drive.

I think your post needs more TLA's

????