Fat people paying more on motorcycle taxis in Bangkok - "Wins" say no after sign removed

rooster59

On 1/29/2017 at 6:14 AM, ezzra said:

It goes with the mentality that farangs has to pay more because they're rich,

well, no one said you have to have brains or manners to be a moto taxi....

Where does it mention farangs?

The person who posted it to social media is Thai.  He posted it to Thai social media. The sign was in Thai.   One would presume the majority of customers at this taxi rank are Thai.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The issue is not skinny or fat.  The issue is weight and I presume the extra wear and tear on the motorbike.  One can weigh over 90 kilos and not be fat, although I think that this would not apply to many Thai people, who weigh in excess of 90 kilos.   

On 30/01/2017 at 9:50 AM, mikiea said:

god help the brits if a straight tooth policy is ever enacted . huh  ? what you say ?  

It's not about aesthetics (looking "nice").

It's about increased wear and tear and fuel consumption, taking up more space and weight capacity than others (lessening luggage capacity) and depriving them of their comfort and convenience, while expecting to pay the same price.

• 2 months later...

This is ridiculous. Surely the weight is judged by what country you come from.Thai people, by their nature are far more smaller, and slimmer than Europeans.I am 6ft tall and weigh 81 kilo's how can i be judged as fat. I am a 34 waist and a size 17 shirt, but i would have to pay 5 baht more. yet my wife who weighs in at 43 kilos must be getting some money back then, if using that rationale.What exactly is fat, to be judged by a motor cycle taxi rider.

I suppose they could make a few extra baht by having an "i guess your weight" show.

Another laughable, desperate, money making scam.

There was a similar thread on here ages ago about overweight people should be charged extra for plane seats, this is same same. Before anyone jumps up and down and starts saying fat shaming it makes sense to charge extra imo.

On another note there is a fun park here but if you are over 100kgs they won't let you on the rides. Safety reasons.

Most fat people are fat because they eat and drink to much, if they can afford the food and drink they can afford the extra fare for taxi, planes etc.  Why should I pay for a seat on a plane then be expected to share it with someone who isn't capable of staying within the constraints of their own seat.

Just imagine if seats where more rigid i.e. there was no way a person could slurp into their neighbours seat. Do you think fat people would think again about trying to fit into it, or ask for a bigger seat and pay a bit more.