Air rage: Berserk Russian subdued on BA flight over Bangkok after toilet argument

webfact

31 minutes ago, psyvolt said:

Oh yay, a racist!

Well considering nothing was stated in the story that the police were notified, then it stating the police did not attend to the aircraft, it can be fairly safe to assume they didn't know about it more so thry the police did know but did nothing. But that's right, keep taking any chance to have a dig at the Thais, whether their fault or not.

And by the way, don't know where you got your rubbish facts from, but it's NOT standard protocol to radio ahead if there is a disruption onboard an aircraft, that call is up to the captain, ohhh but that's right, you couldnt blame the Thais if you didn't make up lies to fit your Thai bashing.

Your a hero mate, you must be proud!

:cheesy:  ignorance is bliss eh? 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, psyvolt said:

Ohhh snappy retort! :saai:

5.4 Mandatory Reporting and Required Documentation for Prosecution An airline should implement procedures to ensure that all unruly passenger incidents are reported and documented in an effective manner, not only to gain an understanding of the incidents themselves but also to ensure that sufficient and appropriate information is available for legal and judicial purposes in the event of prosecution. The Pilot-in-Command should advise air traffic control services whenever a serious passenger disruption has taken place during the flight and request to be met at the gate by local law enforcement authorities and an airline representative if they consider that criminal prosecution should be pursued.

IATA 'Unruly Passenger Prevention and Management'

I'm sure BA pilot's adhere to SOPs strictly and this was reported in accordance with IATA procedure and the Thai Police did nothing HENCE the OP's shock that the plane was not met.

On 1/30/2017 at 0:16 PM, Savilesghost said:

Why ? The Bangkok Hilton typically houses drug dealers, murderers etc, and give the gentlemen is neither a drug dealer or murdererer why would the BIB put him in there ?

One suspects this whole headline and story has been "sexed up" the berserk russian is most likey an irate Russian who argued with someone else who was going the toilet first and i am calling BS on the 1/2 bottle of whiskey on the seat, you dont get away with that stuff anymore, drinking your duty free on the flight 

The suggestion for going to the BKK HIlton was probably based on the fact a LOT of Russians are <deleted> who have no courtesy, manners or respect for anything but their own, if that. The video was clear enough so there was little room for misinterpretaion. He was a violent drunken oaf, which is pretty dangerous on a plane. Aeroflot won't even serve alcohol on their flights presumably due to being tired of such incidents. There's a whole lot going on in this world and your need to defend the indefensible is a strange one.

3 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

5.4 Mandatory Reporting and Required Documentation for Prosecution An airline should implement procedures to ensure that all unruly passenger incidents are reported and documented in an effective manner, not only to gain an understanding of the incidents themselves but also to ensure that sufficient and appropriate information is available for legal and judicial purposes in the event of prosecution. The Pilot-in-Command should advise air traffic control services whenever a serious passenger disruption has taken place during the flight and request to be met at the gate by local law enforcement authorities and an airline representative if they consider that criminal prosecution should be pursued.

IATA 'Unruly Passenger Prevention and Management'

I'm sure BA pilot's adhere to SOPs strictly and this was reported in accordance with IATA procedure and the Thai Police did nothing HENCE the OP's shock that the plane was not met.

You do realise that is only a GUIDE, not a law or a mandatory procedure don't you, if you need a hint, look on every page of the PDF and in the header it says it's only a guide.. And eveb if it was a requirement for the pilot to follow, even in your cut and paste, its states should, not required to report.

And just fir clarity, from Iatas own Faqs:

Does IATA regulate airline activities?
No. While IATA provides many standards and recommended practices it does not regulate its members in any way. That task is left to governments and civil aviation authorities.

www.iata.org/Pages/faq.aspx

So again, tell me how the police would know to meet the plane if the pilot didnt report anything (of which, I know as much as you do, so I'm only guessing it wasnt reported - but I like to get my facts correcr before I criticise, unlike yourself, who just jumps had first into the Thai bashing)

Edited by psyvolt
Add more to post

For what it is worth, I understand that unless there is an emergency the cockpit crew will not request police presence from ATC. Rather they will send an ACARS message to their airline's ground staff. They should then receive a confirmation message back also via ACARS.

On 1/30/2017 at 0:20 PM, Briggsy said:

Who is going to stop you drinking your duty free? If you have ever flown on BA, LHR - BKK, you will know the flight crew are famous for disappearing for hours on end. If you have ever been to Russia, you will know the consumption of spirits to excess is a national pastime.

I thought you were not allowed to drink the duty free alcohol on the flight. I recall being with my mates and getting caught by flight attendant and getting an ear full of threats.

Do people really drink bottles of their duty free on the flight? Great idea :) 

On 30/01/2017 at 3:08 PM, Baerboxer said:

The Captain has to make the request - otherwise how would the police know? But if he does, police will enter the plane before anyone gets off and take the offender(s) away. Seen that happen at Heathrow, Abu Dhabi and Prague.

I have seen it happen in Bangkok too, from BA9.

17 hours ago, psyvolt said:

You do realise that is only a GUIDE, not a law or a mandatory procedure don't you, if you need a hint, look on every page of the PDF and in the header it says it's only a guide.. And eveb if it was a requirement for the pilot to follow, even in your cut and paste, its states should, not required to report.

And just fir clarity, from Iatas own Faqs:

Does IATA regulate airline activities?
No. While IATA provides many standards and recommended practices it does not regulate its members in any way. That task is left to governments and civil aviation authorities.

www.iata.org/Pages/faq.aspx

So again, tell me how the police would know to meet the plane if the pilot didnt report anything (of which, I know as much as you do, so I'm only guessing it wasnt reported - but I like to get my facts correcr before I criticise, unlike yourself, who just jumps had first into the Thai bashing)

yes you're 'guessing' it was not reported - but it WAS!  and it appears he was taken away so that has a good ending doesn't it? as I said BA will have SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) for this and will implement them strictly - and looks like they DID.

passengers had to restrain the tourist as the plane descended into Thailand’s Suvarnabhumi Airport at 9.25am local time on January 22.

They found a bottle of whiskey under his seat that was ”about three quarters empty”.

Armed Thai police boarded the Boeing 777 but said they couldn’t arrest the man until he was on the tarmac.

Passengers and cabin crew were then forced to bundle the passenger off the plane before cops took him away.

Edited by LannaGuy

6 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

yes you're 'guessing' it was not reported - but it WAS!  and it appears he was taken away so that has a good ending doesn't it? as I said BA will have SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)

Sooo, all in all, everything you rattled off about Iata was a load of crap just so you could push your anti-Thai agenda.

And yes it was a guess, that's why I stated it was a guess, unlike yourself who just wants to blame the Thais whether its there fault or not.

52 minutes ago, psyvolt said:

Sooo, all in all, everything you rattled off about Iata was a load of crap just so you could push your anti-Thai agenda.

And yes it was a guess, that's why I stated it was a guess, unlike yourself who just wants to blame the Thais whether its there fault or not.

Wow 54 posts so you're obviously a dumb noob new to Thailand and full of 'pom rak Thai'  BS but you'll learn (or maybe not in your ignorant case)

you guessed and YOU were wrong I was right that BA follow IATA protocols and have their own SOPs which they follow and DID follow now go back to your bar stool and Chang

Edited by LannaGuy

On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 0:16 PM, Savilesghost said:

One suspects this whole headline and story has been "sexed up" the berserk russian is most likey an irate Russian who argued with someone else who was going the toilet first and i am calling BS on the 1/2 bottle of whiskey on the seat, you dont get away with that stuff anymore, drinking your duty free on the flight 

unfortunately, you are wrong, experienced a duty free alcohol drinking Russian already 2 times during flights from Europe to BKK.

You are only in so far right,

that it wasn't Whiskey, but Vodka,

and that it wasn't 1/2 a bottle, but the bottles were empty upon arrival in BKK ;-)

17 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

you guessed and YOU were wrong I was right that BA follow IATA protocols and have their own SOPs which they follow and DID follow now go back to your bar stool and Chang

Hense why I said it was a guess, or are you hard at comprehension (wouldnt surprise me). You still haven't admitted that the crap you rattled off about Iata was wrong, but hey, I didnt expect anything better from a thai bashing forum poster with nothing better to do in their life..

And your right, I havent become bitter and twisted about Thailand, but I can guarantee if I ever did I would be smart enough to move away from a place that seems to bring nothing but complaints from posters such as yourself.

Edited by psyvolt
Amendment

On 2/2/2017 at 9:56 AM, psyvolt said:

Hense why I said it was a guess, or are you hard at comprehension (wouldnt surprise me). You still haven't admitted that the crap you rattled off about Iata was wrong, but hey, I didnt expect anything better from a thai bashing forum poster with nothing better to do in their life..

And your right, I havent become bitter and twisted about Thailand, but I can guarantee if I ever did I would be smart enough to move away from a place that seems to bring nothing but complaints from posters such as yourself.

of course I was right and the one who researched and found out the facts and posted them - thanks for recognising that mr. newbie

On 03/02/2017 at 0:04 AM, LannaGuy said:

of course I was right and the one who researched and found out the facts and posted them - thanks for recognising that mr. newbie

Oh for God's sake.. Yes, you were correct, where my guess (which only went of the story this whole thread was based on) was incorrect.

You are still wrong on what you posted about Iata, which was the whole premise of my previous post (I get the feeling you know this though, and are just trying to save face).

Not exactly sure why you think calling me a newbie is insulting tbh, its a bit like calling someone a bumbum face, which is not insulting but rather a desperate attempt to be witty.

17 minutes ago, psyvolt said:

Oh for God's sake.. Yes, you were correct, where my guess (which only went of the story this whole thread was based on) was incorrect.

You are still wrong on what you posted about Iata, which was the whole premise of my previous post (I get the feeling you know this though, and are just trying to save face).

Not exactly sure why you think calling me a newbie is insulting tbh, its a bit like calling someone a bumbum face, which is not insulting but rather a desperate attempt to be witty.

give it a rest mate... I found the info and posted that sanook.com was wrong. IATA set's the guidelines for the industry and I also quoted from BA's SOPs YOU tried to suggest that airlines might not report such air rage and I suggest they DO as standard procedure... now let it go.

IATA - the International Air Transport Association – works with its airline members and the air transport industry as a whole to promote safe, reliable, secure and economical air travel for the benefit of the world's consumers. IATA's 265 member airlines comprise 83% of all air traffic.

Edited by LannaGuy

On 05/02/2017 at 8:22 PM, LannaGuy said:

IATA set's the guidelines for the industry

Again, they DO NOT set the guidelines, they have a suggested policy, but in no way do they set any guidelines for the airline industry.

"Does IATA regulate airline activities?
No. While IATA provides many standards and recommended practices it does not regulate its members in any way. That task is left to governments and civil aviation authorities"

Anyways, we are not getting anywhere here. I'm bowing out as we are going in circles. Feel free to come back and get an insult of some sort (newbie or something witty like that), but I wont be replying.

1 hour ago, psyvolt said:

Again, they DO NOT set the guidelines, they have a suggested policy, but in no way do they set any guidelines for the airline industry.

"Does IATA regulate airline activities?
No. While IATA provides many standards and recommended practices it does not regulate its members in any way. That task is left to governments and civil aviation authorities"

Anyways, we are not getting anywhere here. I'm bowing out as we are going in circles. Feel free to come back and get an insult of some sort (newbie or something witty like that), but I wont be replying.

IATA set's the Guidelines for the Industry and I quoted BA's SOP's too (which you have conveniently forgotten) 

bye, bye