O-net materials

phuketsub

Does anyone here have experience prepping kids for the O-net test?

I was asked to teach 7 Matthayom students yesterday (their test is today...nothing like waiting till the last moment!) and my wife/school director gave me some photocopies of past tests to work from.

What a disgrace. The questions that didn't have blatant grammatical errors were in this really weird, non-natural English. It was really difficult for me to guess what the correct answer were supposed to even be. On many of the questions I had to ask myself, 'should they answer the grammatically incorrect response that seems to be driving at the correct conceptual answer, or go with the grammatically-correct, yet weird meaning option'? What a headache.

Does anyone know where to download past tests with the answers given so that I can try to back-engineer and figure out what the testers are actually thinking? Thanks for any help.

1 hour ago, ajarngreg said:

Thank you!

I saw some of the Thai tutor's worksheets last week. Same problem with the English. Many of the multiple choice questions had more than one possibly correct answer. There wasn't a best answer. Reminds of the reaction I saw from those who fell for the TCT testing scam of foreigners. I think the O-Net is this coming Saturday and Sunday, not "tomorrow". Usually the same nationwide. 

1 hour ago, BruceMangosteen said:

I saw some of the Thai tutor's worksheets last week. Same problem with the English. Many of the multiple choice questions had more than one possibly correct answer. There wasn't a best answer. Reminds of the reaction I saw from those who fell for the TCT testing scam of foreigners. I think the O-Net is this coming Saturday and Sunday, not "tomorrow". Usually the same nationwide. 

I think you are right about the timing. thanks

Archived