Help Please

Ok I apologise first because you are probably sick of these questions

and also because I had a beautiful post laid out clearly, and then it got lost in the internet ghost land that sometimes occurs ( am in Phnom penh although can happen anywhere).

so sorry if I haven't gone through all the search channels i have tried so far I listed them lastpost - you guys are my last hope.

so here goes again.

Left Uk with enough funds on atm to travel for a while

1. Arrived Bangkok 14th august 2006 on stamp on entry 30 day visa)

2. Left to go to Cambodia for 2 weeks arrived back Bangkok 27th September again 30 day stamp on entry visa.

Left Thailand for Cambodia this time with thai girlfriend 27th October going back to Thailand 27th december.

My questions are these.

1. Do the new october the 1st rules backdate i.e is my next visit my last for a while?

a sort of 3 strikes and out scenario? or as this is my first stamp into Thailand after October 1st is this strike 1?

2. I know what you guys think of Phnom penh but that is my nearest Thai consulate.

if I go and buy a $50 dollar tourist visa for Thailand will I get 60 days or will they say at the Thailand border ""no sorry you have been here twice in the last 6 months so your $50 dollar visa will only last for 30 days"- in which case as you can imagine the 30 day transit option makes sense.

I really need your info and I'm sorry this post is Brusque but, after losing the last post which took almost an hour I have had to hammer this out.

I really want to stay as long as possible in Thailand this time ( girlfriend hates Cambodia)- before heading home to cold uk and messy divorce.

Thank you for any info, I'll check posts later and if PP consulate is a no no, than at least I can take girlfriend to Beach here.

Thanks for reading

Dan

The days count that one stays in the country with a visa-exempted stamp. Totally 90 days within 180, count from Ocotber 1/06.

If you get a visa your stay under such will not be counted against stay without visa.

BTW, same problem here, I replied a bit longer but the software through me out, :o

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for reply.

Got tourist visa in Phnom penh no probs, I was wrong is $25.

But visa and passport stamped all over with "last time in phnom penh"

do they mean for a year?, the life of the passport or my whole life- lol

nobody had an answer.

anyway best of luck to all of you muddling thru the various rumours counter rumours and confusion that now prevails at the moment.

dan

Got tourist visa in Phnom penh no probs, I was wrong is $25.

Great, you now have 2 months, can extend 1 month in country at immigration and then still do 3 entry stamp runs.....That should keep you out of UK till the summer! :o

But visa and passport stamped all over with "last time in phnom penh"
Well at least your girlfriend is pleased! :D

LOL yes thai girl doesn't like it here at all ( cambodia- although i love it sometimnes except the nutters letting off guns in th street -lol_

But I think that as I have stamps from oct 1st till 27th oct my new visa will only allow 60 days + maybe 3-4 more days extension as that would then put me at 90 days since oct 1st

dan

But I think that as I have stamps from oct 1st till 27th oct my new visa will only allow 60 days + maybe 3-4 more days extension as that would then put me at 90 days since oct 1st
I've lost track of your dates but the time spent in Thailand on a tourist visa plus the extension is not included in the 90 in 180 allowed by visa free entry.