Shameful: Farang lowlife cons Thais stuck in traffic by lying about robbery

webfact

1 hour ago, saakura said:

He has been around for a while now. I myself got scammed into giving him 100 Baht when suddenly out the blue, he appeared on a motorbike and tapped on my car window at a red signal, and gave me a story about having been robbed in Silom and needing to fill some oil in his bike to reach home. Next dsy i found out that he has scammed many others. This was a year ago.

1 hour ago, Stanley78 said:

Looks like the guy I once saw when I was walking into the breakfast room at Fraser Suites on Sukhumvit 11.

As I was walking in he was walking out with a plastic bag full of food from the buffet and said "thank you" to the entrance staff who had just arrived, which is probably the reason he had managed to get in at all.

They stopped him and asked for his room number, he replied "oh I can't remember." After a short discussion they let him leave but asked him not to come back.

What accent did he have?

11 minutes ago, Advocate said:

It appears that the British have unilaterally decided this should be a competitive market.

Don't understand this.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Stanley78 said:

Looks like the guy I once saw when I was walking into the breakfast room at Fraser Suites on Sukhumvit 11.

As I was walking in he was walking out with a plastic bag full of food from the buffet and said "thank you" to the entrance staff who had just arrived, which is probably the reason he had managed to get in at all.

They stopped him and asked for his room number, he replied "oh I can't remember." After a short discussion they let him leave but asked him not to come back.

Must have been a good day at breakfast, love the accommodation but the breakfast is nothing to write about.

How is this news?  He's not using a weapon to take people's money.  It's not even extortion.  In your country do you feel to give money to every person that asks for some?  Did any of you actually look at his gas gauge?  ROTFLMAO !

17 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

Nonsense, I,ve been here 36 years and have NEVER had a Thai motor cyclist come up and try to cadge money for gas 

Only because they lack creativity. But now they can copy this guy, and copying is what they do best, so look out.

2 minutes ago, Joebuzz said:

How is this news?  He's not using a weapon to take people's money.  It's not even extortion.  In your country do you feel to give money to every person that asks for some?  Did any of you actually look at his gas gauge?  ROTFLMAO !

Perhaps he is just practicing his local customs after taking a wrong turn at Picadilly Circus and ending in Thailand.

13 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

in Los Angeles, it is a common occurrence to be approached in a gas station by people saying they just ran out of gas and need some money to "get home".

same people everyday.

You are right seen it last year and they are all over sometime working with kids and wife.At truck stops.

52 minutes ago, nkg said:

Don't you ever get bored of making the same post .... again, and again, and again ....

Obviously not, you clearly cherish your role as the number 1 Thai apologist on these forums.

It's light relief from the rest of the posters here constantly making their repeated, dull-minded, unfunny remarks directed at Thais...again and again and again.

Edited by gdgbb

I have been collared several time by a 20s Thai girl near the BTS on Soi 11 claiming some old flannel about 'THB 50 to get home!'. Each time she appears from nowhere with a bag of shopping & vanishes just as quickly when tactfully told how! :)

I of course have never bothered POLing the 'outrage' bus.

Edited by evadgib

He is undoubtedly a shameless conman ... but no worse than the boiler room scammers, property developers, financial advisers and other such "pond life" that swim in Thai waters and prey on their own kind. 

This guy speaks a little Thai and is fully embracing Thainess ... when in Rome. 

Maybe he is just giving the locals a bit of their own medicine

and about time too

but this is a scam that happens everywhere by down and outs. I seen beggars in thai at the end of there shift get in Mercs and drive off, same in every country of the world Scammers are not all Thai

Not even a news worthy story except here in Thailand

Edited by wakeupplease

1 hour ago, ALLSEEINGEYE said:

why does it matter if his sob story is a lie or not. If you choose to give beggars money that is your decision. 

This. It's not like this creep is committing armed robbery. Just don't give him money. Why do people make life harder than it has to be? KISS - Keep It Simple, Stupid.

3 hours ago, saakura said:

He has been around for a while now. I myself got scammed into giving him 100 Baht when suddenly out the blue, he appeared on a motorbike and tapped on my car window at a red signal, and gave me a story about having been robbed in Silom and needing to fill some oil in his bike to reach home. Next dsy i found out that he has scammed many others. This was a year ago.

Sounds like you've never got over it. 100 baht, that hurts eh?