phuket

klause

* people say that "phuket is much more expensive than pattaya"

How about longterm condo apartments bungalow rental prices in phuket area? example :

you can find in pattaya quite nice condos or apartments from 4000--6000-8000 baht monthly with aircon hotwater inside too

and it look not too bad either.

* how about in phuket ? are there apartments in low price or not?

if yes: which area more cheaper in phuket at all ? kamala ? kathu ? karon where?

i am interetsed kamala area more and would like rent a garden bungalow.

Thanks

Having lived in both places, I have found Pattaya cheaper in most instances. Lots of variables to consider when comparing accommodation prices, location, high or low season, facilities, length of stay etc. Even within the same location, prices can vary. A little hard to make a definitive statement X is cheaper than Y.

16 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

here in kamala an air con room with cable is around 6-10,000 baht /month

in Kathu, phuket town cheaper

no garden bungalows for that price,

6000--10000 BAHT sound reasonable montly rent price in kamala.

i have own car  ; no matter if the bangalow a bit far from the beach.

Thanks )

Depends what you mean by a bungalow, if you mean a house/villa a basic 2 bedroom one starts at about 13K a month and goes up from there (without garden), if you want a pool starts at about 35K a month

depending on the area prices vary a lot, no idea what the prices are in Kamala, locals would have a good idea of prices

Edited by madmax2

Ahhh- ANOTHER Phuket vs Pattaya thread. has it been a week already, lol? Plenty of bungalows in Kamala with signs outside at the moment and bargains to be had for long term rentals.

As an aside I was up in Patts last week and was engaged in a P vs P conversation. I must say that the balloon chasers up there make those in Phuket look like rank amateurs- couldn't wait to get back.

Edited by Psimbo

1 hour ago, madmax2 said:

Depends what you mean by a bungalow, if you mean a house/villa a basic 2 bedroom one starts at about 13K a month and goes up from there (without garden), if you want a pool starts at about 35K a month

depending on the area prices vary a lot, no idea what the prices are in Kamala, locals would have a good idea of prices

bungalow: inside green area with aircon; it might be in 3-5 km far to beach no problem ; i have car.

BUNGALOW 1.jpg

BUNGALOW 3.jpg

BUNGALOW CIFT.jpg

300810-my-beach-side-bungalow-ko-hai-thailand.jpg

59 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

Ahhh- ANOTHER Phuket vs Pattaya thread. has it been a week already, lol? Plenty of bungalows in Kamala with signs outside at the moment and bargains to be had for long term rentals.

As an aside I was up in Patts last week and was engaged in a P vs P conversation. I must say that the balloon chasers up there make those in Phuket look like rank amateurs- couldn't wait to get back.

i will stay first anywhere else in there but after that i will look for longterm rental. ( like 3 months- 6 months ) i just make
"preliminary information" before i arrive there ; never been there before

20 minutes ago, klause said:

bungalow: inside green area with aircon; it might be in 3-5 km far to beach no problem ; i have car.

BUNGALOW 1.jpg

BUNGALOW 3.jpg

BUNGALOW CIFT.jpg

have not seen the type of bungalow/shack you are looking for on phuket, seen something similar at Kao Lak at a out of the way place on the beach

2 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

have not seen the type of bungalow/shack you are looking for on phuket, seen something similar at Kao Lak at a out of the way place on the beach

khao lak !  might be a good idea either ; khao lak is on my way and before i arrive to kamala i can look khao lak 1-2 days too  ;    i really fed up and bored pattaya prostitutions and silly bar girls ; miss  that no-nonsencely talk with western ladies too )in  pattaya only russian tourists as foreigner but in south thailand very mixed female tourists i guess.

11 hours ago, madmax2 said:
11 hours ago, klause said:

BUNGALOW 1.jpg

BUNGALOW 3.jpg

BUNGALOW CIFT.jpg

I think there's one like that at the bottom of my garden. Haven't ventured there for a while.

Edited by JetsetBkk

On 02/02/2017 at 0:57 PM, phuketrichard said:

haven't seen bungalows like this (these are in a resort not stand alone) since the late 80's   :-)

Used to be all u would find on samui til around  early  90's

Then the resort managers started burning them down.

They would quickly run down and find the guest with a signed contract in hand stating you were responsible for all damage.

I moved away from Phuket because of the rising prices. 6 years ago+ I was paying 25 to 30 thousand for a nice studio with swimming pool not too far from a town. Today I pay 18 000 for a beautiful design studio with two pools, near the beach and 300 meters away from public transport. I rent through the winter only, but if I rented long term/ yearly , id pay even less. Then there was the taxi problem on Phuket ! 

Having no public transport ( except the rickety bus to Phuket town!) i was at the mercy of the rip off taxis and tuc  tucs, and had a few quite nasty experiences with them. Fed up of being hostage in my town, not being able to get up and go and see my friends on other beach towns, I moved. My quality of condo and travel is much higher here, but I still miss my friends there.

47 minutes ago, geisha said:

I moved away from Phuket because of the rising prices. 6 years ago+ I was paying 25 to 30 thousand for a nice studio with swimming pool not too far from a town. Today I pay 18 000 for a beautiful design studio with two pools, near the beach and 300 meters away from public transport. I rent through the winter only, but if I rented long term/ yearly , id pay even less. Then there was the taxi problem on Phuket ! 

Having no public transport ( except the rickety bus to Phuket town!) i was at the mercy of the rip off taxis and tuc  tucs, and had a few quite nasty experiences with them. Fed up of being hostage in my town, not being able to get up and go and see my friends on other beach towns, I moved. My quality of condo and travel is much higher here, but I still miss my friends there.

No problem renting a nice condo just about anywhere in Phuket at present for 18K or less

You can always rent or buy a motorbike or car to cut out the transport problem, that's what the majority of people do who stay here for extended periods

Decent studio units can be found for as low as 6,000/month if you know where to look. I've seen units in some of the dCondo projects in Kathu advertised from 6,000-8,000/month - furnished.  You won't be near the beach, but really only a 15 minute ride away over the hill. These are generally new-ish units with a nice floorplan (kitchenette partitioned off from the living area), swimming pool and fitness equipment. Buy a good second hand motorbike for less than 20K, or rent one for 3,500/month, and transport becomes a non-issue.

Anything similar in one of the beach towns will be considerably more expensive. 

Well, Dr Dave ,Madmax2, Im a ( very young!!) 64 year old lady now so my motor'bike days are over I'm afraid. That's why I prefer to be near a town where there's shopping etc as I still like to go out  nearly every  evening for my meal and a walk/ shop. My  only option would be to buy a car, tho being here only 6 months a year is a bit awkward for the engine. I will come down to Phuket soon and see what I can find . Anyone have any good addresses for a good condo with nice pool and  reasonable rent ? Or agencies ? Most welcome , thank you. 

1 hour ago, geisha said:

Well, Dr Dave ,Madmax2, Im a ( very young!!) 64 year old lady now so my motor'bike days are over I'm afraid. That's why I prefer to be near a town where there's shopping etc as I still like to go out  nearly every  evening for my meal and a walk/ shop. My  only option would be to buy a car, tho being here only 6 months a year is a bit awkward for the engine. I will come down to Phuket soon and see what I can find . Anyone have any good addresses for a good condo with nice pool and  reasonable rent ? Or agencies ? Most welcome , thank you. 

The best deals for renting a condo will be direct from the owner. The ones I mentioned (dCondo) were advertised by owners on the Phuket Buy/Sell group on Facebook a couple of months ago. I believe that all of the dCondo projects have basically the same floorplan, which is the same as the Plus+ condos built in various locations around Thailand (same developer). 

You might want to have a look at ddproperty.com - enter "Kathu" as the area and you'll see hundreds of condos for rent - with many studios in the 8-10K range.

On 2/6/2017 at 8:04 PM, DrDave said:

The best deals for renting a condo will be direct from the owner. The ones I mentioned (dCondo) were advertised by owners on the Phuket Buy/Sell group on Facebook a couple of months ago. I believe that all of the dCondo projects have basically the same floorplan, which is the same as the Plus+ condos built in various locations around Thailand (same developer). 

You might want to have a look at ddproperty.com - enter "Kathu" as the area and you'll see hundreds of condos for rent - with many studios in the 8-10K range.

There are some condos around Patong for about the same price as you are paying now and I occasionally look for them because I sometimes get the urge to move, but then find I'm too lazy!

I have noticed that there were some advertised in the Phuket Gazette and also on various websites and a few of those were in "The Lofts" development and one or two in particular specified long-term rentals only. I keep meaning to take a drive by there and look on the notice board because some owners post on the notice board when they have a vacancy and it will also help to cut out the agents commission element of the rent.

Having said that I do believe your best bet would be to look in the off-season and then try and negotiate something for the long-term.

On 2/6/2017 at 5:59 PM, geisha said:

My  only option would be to buy a car, tho being here only 6 months a year is a bit awkward for the engine.

The engine will be fine, it's the batteries that die in the heat. I was just gone for a year, I disconnect my battery, but it was still low. Borrowed my neighbor's battery charger and was back up and running in a few hours. Some battery shops will take your battery out when you leave and keep it in good shape, then bring your battery back and install it when you return.

On 01/02/2017 at 5:47 PM, madmax2 said:

"have not seen the type of bungalow/shack you are looking for on phuket" - they were cleared, and turned into resorts.